Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI. We’re still long way from FSD. This is also distracting indicator of how little Tesla tests safety critical software before implementing it to general public

Emergency Lane Departure - False Positives
remember they are beta version. I always am over cautious whenever new version is rolled out to understand the comfort and kinks or new features. FSD computer update will likely move us much closer to true potential.

remember they are beta version. I always am over cautious whenever new version is rolled out to understand the comfort and kinks or new features. FSD computer update will likely move us much closer to true potential.
The problem with this feature is, that it is “on” by default and you cannot disable it permanently.

“This feature will automatically be enabled at the beginning of every drive, but can be turned off for a single drive by going to the Autopilot Controls menu."

I really think “beta” explanation doesn’t hold water on this..

That was before the SR+ was ready. They can build about 15% more Model 3s now using the same number of 2170 battery cells with a 50/50 production split between LR/SR+.

That's also why they were able to discontinue the MR, because the SR+ is better for business.
Thanks, but it was a projection for production later in the year - the SR+ was only a few weeks from entering production at that time, so the design was ready and planned future production rates would have accounted for it. I think (can't be absolutely certain, going on memory) that they even stuck to the 7k/week end of year comment later - maybe during the Model Y or 3 SR unveil, but I think during the Q1 earnings call.

However, it may well be the case that SR+ is a higher percentage of demand than they had anticipated (is that what you were referring to?) and that could be the reason that 7k/week is possible earlier. Unfortunately, that may be a bad indicator for ASPs in future. At least margins will be better.

I suppose another possibility is that they are simply prioritising SR+ production over other models for this quarter in order to make the 7k/week number. Hopefully they won't need to slow down production again next quarter for other models if Panasonic's extra capacity is available by then.

The problem with this feature is, that it is “on” by default and you cannot disable it permanently.

“This feature will automatically be enabled at the beginning of every drive, but can be turned off for a single drive by going to the Autopilot Controls menu."

I really think “beta” explanation doesn’t hold water on this..
I agree Matias. On my drive yesterday it went off. Until now I didn’t realize that it can’t be turned off permanently and when it went off I thought that it was a bug in the 16.2 firmware. It’s a pain to have to remember to turn it off every time I drive.

Reactions: Matias
Oh snap!

Elon Musk (@elonmusk) Tweeted:
@ElectrekCo @FredericLambert This is complete nonsense

Elon Musk on Twitter

Knowing how well Fred tends to take criticism, I would expect more, rather than less, clickbaity articles on Tesla in the future from him.

After digesting a Tesla Roadster and community goodwill, Electrek is now a shithole of syndicated/clickbait crap

Way WAY too much inventory !
Only 44 model 3's in inventory in the US.
Its 6 AM on a saturday holiday weekend. One of those days when dealers try to unload inventory and Tesla has no cars.
Doomed I tell ya. DOOMED !

PS: Only 46 inventory X's and 734 model S.
Might be able to get them to throw in a floor mat on an old style S.

EDIT: We are one month away from end of quarter and their is NO INVENTORY !

Last edited:
I wonder how much SpaceX will pay Tesla for each FSD Computer used with the autonomous orbital debris avoidance feature?

Would you bet it's less than $1Million? ;)

Cheers!

I think you may be comparing apples and space oranges. SpaceX has been making their own space electronics for a long time and object avoidance is based on perfect knowledge (national space object tracking system), not vision.

Way WAY too much inventory !
Only 44 model 3's in inventory in the US.
Its 6 AM on a saturday holiday weekend. One of those days when dealers try to unload inventory and Tesla has no cars.
Doomed I tell ya. DOOMED !

PS: Only 46 inventory X's and 734 model S.
Might be able to get them to throw in a floor mat on an old style S.

The data are from Tesla Inventory List - Find your next car, right?

I don’t understand your math. 60 000/100 = 600$? ATH is 387 $.
@Matias
Perhaps he meant his dad owns approximately 100 different stocks, of which Tesla was one.
(I bought another 11 shares around $190.88/share)
(Gawd, I wish I had kept even 1-2 shares of that MSFT I bought long ago, now worth over $36,000/share, but no, like an idiot I sold it all :( )

I'm not talking about short selling in the normal course of trading. I'm talking about naked short selling by market makers. This practice violates the basic principle of supply and demand which is fundamental to price discovery, and thus efficient markets.

A recent example was the 'Bloomberg Bear Raid' last Fall when over 1 Million shares where sold in 10 minutes with the release of a concocted story co-ordinated with a bear raid of massive short selling. SP dropped $20 in <10 min, then recovered within 2 hrs after the lie was discovered. The events of the day were discussed extensively here on TMC.

On 'up' days (ie: breaking good news), when Market Makers can make unlimited shares available to short sellers, there can be no point during the intraday session in which scarcity drives up the price. Market Makers has effectively usurped the sole authority of the Company to create and issue shares, promising 'to find them later, afterward'. They have weeks to buy back slowly, at the artifically reduced price.

So it doesn't matter if the market maker locates real shares within 13 sessions (per SEC rule SHO). The damage (trade) is already done. Trades which occur at the lowered price are never reversed.

The entire market cap of the underlying equity is reduced by the amount extracted by the short sellers. This harms genuine shareholders, even the ones who didn't sell at any point, and held their shares throughout.

The Market Maker's naked short exemption is being abused, it is being covered up by disclosure rules, and it is being exploited as a part of the strategy to stop Tesla by damaging TSLA.

This is covert war, and its being waged in the shadows. As always, sunlight is the best disinfectant.
Thank you AD. A "love" rating isn't enough to describe how I feel about your analysis here. It is absolutely, 100% correct. I definitely could not have explained it better myself. What we are witnessing is a prime example of the greatest financial crime ever perpetrated against the investing public. God help us.

Elon is finally using ads to advertise.

F403BA57-DBE5-4EFE-A236-AABEB06C9472.jpeg

Don't worry, SpaceX can easily convert one of these satellites to a junk collector and clean up the space. These satellites know the position data and can automatically change orbit to avoid other objects.

OT

Really? Each satellite does onboard orbit prediction for every space object that could be a hazard? Is that documented somewhere?

Just not sure I see the advantage of doing that in a distributed way rather than a centralized ground-based function. You would have to update and uplink the potential hazardous objects' ephemerides every couple of days to every satellite.

I’m sure it could be done, I’m just not seeing the advantage.

Reactions: JRP3
I think your fear might be bleeding into your thinking. If there is anything but the share price you think is materially worse for Tesla now than it was a year ago then lets discuss it.
The only thing that is materially worse it's the constant loss of executives. If it wasn't for this I would probably be doubling down. I don't buy the argument that is normal for the Valley when there is so much potential with Tesla (see Ark). I'm a big fan, have an S, bought stock,etc. We on this board can't be blind to the executive churn and just dismiss it so casually as we have done.

The only thing that is materially worse it's the constant loss of executives. If it wasn't for this I would probably be doubling down. I don't buy the argument that is normal for the Valley when there is so much potential with Tesla (see Ark). I'm a big fan, have an S, bought stock,etc. We on this board can't be blind to the executive churn and just dismiss it so casually as we have done.
Elon is difficult to work for. What more explanation is needed?