Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, Likley not But this is not my first post here and I did what I asked so I want to know

And yes Likely here I will be considered Stupid

It makes an opportunist from you. Which may or may not be bad, depending on the intentions and motivations behind your decisions.
Based on the write-up you provided, it leaves bad taste in mouth for many, especially in this section of the forum. Only adding salt to the injury really.

You said that you care for the climate change, and in the process you shorted the company fostering the remedy of the said problem, in order to turn profit, and buy an exclusive car, although electric.
Yes, this seems invalidating your caring for the climate statement. Most of the time, personal needs come first. Understandable.

Just don't lie yourself into stories, that you ultimately did it for the benefit of others :)

BTW people are criticizing Wall Street all the time.

Lets give the name “HW4” to AP hardware based on this yet-to-be-released FSD Chip. The questions are (and probably no one knows):
  1. Will the FSD option purchased with cars being delivered now with HW3 guarantee an upgrade to HW4?
  2. Will cars that get upgraded to HW3, because of prior FSD purchase, get upgraded again to HW4?
I would bet not. Elon has said that HW3 is FSD capable. The only way Tesla would be forced to upgrade for free is if he is wrong about the hardware. They didn't guarantee perpetual hardware updates.

Most of us here know you have a special knak at trading $tsla (especially recently), and I think I remember you described your methodology a bit before. Would you mind sharing how you calculate support levels (it's okay if you want to keep it a secret)?

Also are you planning to see a change in trend/momentum before jumping in or are you waiting for 140-150, as you previously stated?
Reminder - nobody knows the future. Tivoboy sold Tesla after Q3 ER at 332 (?). We know it went near 380 within weeks.

BTW, SP as pushed below 180 just now with 200k+ volume.

Here is something I have been wanting to ask:

Elon let it be known at autonomy day (perhaps unwisely?) that there is yet a newer FSD chip coming beyond the one in HW3, and that this new one will be even better in performance/capabilities. I understand that cars currently being shipped have HW3 with the new FSD chip, and cars with AP2/2.5 that have purchased the FSD option will get HW3 as an upgrade.

Lets give the name “HW4” to AP hardware based on this yet-to-be-released FSD Chip. The questions are (and probably no one knows):
  1. Will the FSD option purchased with cars being delivered now with HW3 guarantee an upgrade to HW4?
  2. Will cars that get upgraded to HW3, because of prior FSD purchase, get upgraded again to HW4?
I think the plan is to keep making improvements just like any other innovative company. Innovation is their moat.

Here is something I have been wanting to ask:

Elon let it be known at autonomy day (perhaps unwisely?) that there is yet a newer FSD chip coming beyond the one in HW3, and that this new one will be even better in performance/capabilities. I understand that cars currently being shipped have HW3 with the new FSD chip, and cars with AP2/2.5 that have purchased the FSD option will get HW3 as an upgrade.

You misinterpreted that. Yes, there will, eventually, be a HW4. There will also be a HW5. And 6. And 7. And...

The ride the lightning podcast, around 54 minutes, Elon talks about upgrading existing superchargers, and states that when they start replacing older locations with v3, they'll start with the v1 superchargers along long distance routes before doing v2 superchargers.

I am curious where these v1 superchargers are, since apparently they cap out at ~75kW no matter what (as opposed to v2 now being able to do ~145kW if nobody is in the paired stall). Seems like v1 superchargers are basically urban chargers... actually, that would be a clever re-use of hardware. Upgrade v1's to v3's, re-deploy the v1's as urban superchargers with little capex relative to a brand new from scratch installation.
Aren't the v1's the original "angular" designs that did 90kW? I don't think any thing did less than that until the non-shared 72kW "Urban Charger" design came out a year or so ago....

Yes but it's not like those analysts are naïve and don't expect this sort of thing. I have zero doubts that Jonas knew that the $10 number would be the one that the headlines picked up, and that is probably why he picked it.

Maybe you're right, but let's pause the vitriol for a nano-second to look at the facts. This is the quote attributed to him on that private call:

"Today, supply exceeds demand, they're burning cash, nobody cares about the Model Y, the company raised capital near lows, no strategic buy-in ... There could have been a strategic involvement in the capital raise — someone to fill the board to provide some know-how."

What isn't mentioned is that prior to saying this, he was asked, hypothetically, what's the worst case scenario for Tesla. It was during his paraphrasing the most bearish analysis and typical bear views that he made those comments. He was not expressing these things as his own views.

My point is that everyone just took what he said and applied it to their already immutable view of the situation. Bulls just said it wasn't credible, why $10 in particular, and other comments similar to yours. MS want "clicks" (whatever the hell that means). Bears just said "MS just downgraded TSLA to $10". Neither was true.

Anyway... I think we'll all be just happy to see the price back above $180 today. :(