Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OT
Without checking, can you guess what has Adidas stock done in the past 10 years, and in the past 4 years?
Second question, why?
Third question, what can you learn from this?

I'm not suggesting to buy Adidas stock, this is more about learning, getting better at investment.

I can't find it right now but it was a recent video with Elon. (Interview or annual shareholder meeting.) I don't have time to review hours of video to find the link for you. If you haven't already watched it all you should.

Found it:

The section starts at 1:37:00. The actual mention of the two branches is at about 1:42:00.

Unless he has the dev builds how does he know what is in the dev builds?
Nobody is saying they don't have a dev branch/branches ! The point is that branch is getting merged with production branch often. The way it would work is once a feature is developed, it would get merged (but turned off). For eg., recognizing curb is being developed now and is not merged in production branch yet (it seems). Notice also how he says the city NOA dev branch he is using now requires interventions to drive. That is what we see in the hacked version too.

Musk clearly acknowledges other companies (appear) to be more advanced, but says since they are not generic, they are not "really" advanced. Waymo & Cruise have lot more features already developed, compared to Tesla. This should be quite obvious !

Last edited:
This is a comment about share price (market valuation of Tesla).

Tesla has the most efficient cars, they use fewer kWh to get there. Thus expressing charge in mph will slant the figures to show better results for Tesla cars. As a long investor in just one electric car company, this works for me. Happy to divide by 6 and multiply by 10 to arrive at SI units (km/h).

Having said that, there’s no shortage of pixels in a Tesla, show both distance and energy rates, but make the distance rate bigger and bolder to promote Tesla’s lead over electric rivals.

How does this square with the mission and the race to zero emissions? The faster Tesla grows, the faster we get there, imho. We are seeing signs of change, pushed by a company that half the market believes is on the verge of bankruptcy. Change happens an order of magnitude faster once Tesla posts a couple of quarterly profits in the billions.

Nobody is saying they don't have a dev branch/branches !

Um.. Really? You outright said that just a few minutes ago:

It is likely they have only one dev branch

As of May 4th they had a lot of updates to merge. Probably from a lot of different branches:

Elon Musk‏Verified account @elonmusk May 4

Replying to @teslaownersSV

Later this month. We need to merge a lot of updates into main code branch.

Who knows how far they have gotten on that.

Spotted on Twitter...

View attachment 420368 https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1446440/000117266119001322/0001172661-19-001322-index.htm

Value: 420

Maybe I'm misunderstanding this thing and need (and want) enlightenment:

Isnt' the strike of the calls $280? (420x1000=value, then divided by the 1500 which is 280?)

My personal "whisper number" is we break 100k deliveries in q2 driven by Raven and US / Canada incentives . Crazy I know and I'm scared to even whisper that number.

No joke - I literally had a dream last night that they announced deliveries of 107k and the stock went up $100 the next day,

Hey! A man can dream right?

Is max pain website hacked??/
(If not a few folks are fainting,
Max Pain | Maximum-Pain.com
upload_2019-6-17_18-33-25.png

Last edited:
Nobody is saying they don't have a dev branch/branches ! The point is that branch is getting merged with production branch often. The way it would work is once a feature is developed, it would get merged (but turned off). For eg., recognizing curb is being developed now and is not merged in production branch yet (it seems). Notice also how he says the city NOA dev branch he is using now requires interventions to drive. That is what we see in the hacked version too.

But we also know that none of the FSD NNs have been put in to production yet. (At least that I have seen.) Since the same NNs are going to AP2, AP2.5, and AP3 cars. Once AP3 cars start getting different NNs then they might have merged a bunch of the dev branches into production.

Is it possible to merge two NN BLOBs? It seems like it is a one or the other choice for each distinct NN.
I would think so too - can't marge individual NNs.

But we also know that none of the FSD NNs have been put in to production yet. (At least that I have seen.) Since the same NNs are going to AP2, AP2.5, and AP3 cars. Once AP3 cars start getting different NNs then they might have merged a bunch of the dev branches into production.
We don't know that. It is possible there is only one set of NNs that is being cross compiled on all HW versions.

Otherwise - not sure how he shadow mode would work (or gathering data ?).

ps : Essentially, if we want to say there is a very different FSD dev branch that hasn't been merged with production branch, we need to reconcile that with the fact that hacked production branch has autonomy day demo features and show how shadow mode is supposed to work. Also, that would mean there is a separate development effort going on with the production branch (!) since the software is obviously improving. And, they have to retrofit all production branch changes into dev branch changes. I can assure you I've done all these crazy things ;)

Occam's razor says, they are doing the simplest thing. Create dev branches for individual features and merge them back once dev is done.

Last edited:
For those interested, Mark Bullshit Spiegel's fund Stanpyl Capital has been a total disaster since inception, underperforming the S&P 500 almost 55%!

At this point I think his only assets under management is his own 401k.

"For 2018 the fund was down approximately 17.7% while the S&P 500 was down approximately 4.4%. Since inception on June 1, 2011, the fund is up approximately 64.4% net while the S&P 500 is up approximately 118.6%"

Not going to post an SA link here sorry.

There is. Capital should be allocated to most efficient use. If company X is wasting it, there must be a way to penalize. I am not against short selling, but when it comes to Tesla it's a whole new level. Media lying daily to save their ads business. It's a crime really.

I meant, is there a justification for the practice of not having to publicly disclose short positions? Why should they be any different from long positions in that regard? I'm sure there's a wealth of information out there, just curious if anyone here has a ready answer that's willing to share.

OT
Without checking, can you guess what has Adidas stock done in the past 10 years, and in the past 4 years?
Second question, why?
Third question, what can you learn from this?

I'm not suggesting to buy Adidas stock, this is more about learning, getting better at investment.
Wish I would have bought it 10 years ago when I learned how to pronounce it properly...

For those interested, Mark Bullshit Spiegel's fund Stanpyl Capital has been a total disaster since inception, underperforming the S&P 500 almost 55%!

At this point I think his only assets under management is his own 401k.

"For 2018 the fund was down approximately 17.7% while the S&P 500 was down approximately 4.4%. Since inception on June 1, 2011, the fund is up approximately 64.4% net while the S&P 500 is up approximately 118.6%"

Not going to post an SA link here sorry.
I bet you a signed dollar his limited partners are actual lobbyists or types of players who are less concerned about financial performance and more concerned about pushing an agenda with Spiegel as a fund manager.