Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a TMC board for long-term equity investors, only? I.e., no self-deluded swing traders, options "experts" and other losers? Asking for a friend.
There could be, but it would be pretty boring because once you've stated that the fundamentals of Tesla are sound, Elon Musk is the soul behind Tesla, short term ups and downs don't matter to the long term investor, the occasional post about quarterly result dates, and investor phone calls, you've run out of topics.

Just....I hope Musk does not experiment on himself. Using experimental Neuralink tech, fine, but using it on Musk is too big a risk.

serious question: How does Tesla handle things when Elon starts visiting orbit in the dragon? He has been posting a lot of space station related tweets lately, makes me think he is likely to go up pretty soon after the first crewed dragon flight occurs for a visit.

Does Jerome take over as acting CEO, or does Musk take tele-commuting to the next level?

Brain implants...bug eating...peak oil....I think Tesla needs to start a solar powered bug farm run by a ex big oil exec. Who is wearing a brain implant.....right?

More weekend OT:

Fade to a scene at a medical facility....

"There Mr. Koch, just lie back and relax. This procedure won't take long."

(Sounds of medical equipment and then some time later...)

"How are you feeling now, Mr. Koch? Great. I have a few standard questions we like to ask as a baseline. First, what is your feeling toward fossil fuels? Ah, so you think we should ban them and adopt sustainable solutions instead? Excellent! I think your Neuralink procedure is a resounding success!"

There could be, but it would be pretty boring because once you've stated that the fundamentals of Tesla are sound, Elon Musk is the soul behind Tesla, short term ups and downs don't matter to the long term investor, the occasional post about quarterly result dates, and investor phone calls, you've run out of topics.
I understand what you are saying but, if it were globally accepted that the fundamentals were strong, the stock would not be trading at $245. That's why it is important and necessary for long term investors to continue to share their knowledge and experiential data with other like-minded investors, in order to confirm our perceptions (or not). JMO.

I understand what you are saying but, if it were globally accepted that the fundamentals were strong, the stock would not be trading at $245. That's why it is important and necessary for long term investors to continue to share their knowledge and experiential data with other like-minded investors, in order to confirm our perceptions (or not). JMO.
If there are just long term investors, they are long term because they have already determined that the fundamentals are sound. It's the shorts, vested interests, and FUDsters that created the $245, or $180, and none of them are long term investors. Traders are what create the comments because they're focused on daily changes.

OT

Sigh. OK, in the spirit of killing the food conversation, I will point out that studies show that eating insects is one of the most ecologically sound things you can do -- sounder than eating farmed agriculture, or farmed or wild mammals or birds or reptiles or crustaceans.

There also seems to be actual evidence that they don't feel pain in the same manner as mammals or birds or reptiles or crustaceans; they don't react the way we'd expect from a "hurt animal" to things which ought to cause pain, like leg damage.

How many off you are eating insects yet? Why not?

We should be eating more bugs, yes.

And this is why I don't even try to convince people to eat more ecologically. :sigh:

Our plumber is a NM native and told me there’s nothing more delectable than roasted cicadas on a kebab...

• Disagree
Reactions: Artful Dodger

Now we can sigh. As @Lycanthrope would lament, and I would agree, this is Big Food/Pharma at their destructive work. Human ancestors ate bugs for eons, so we are well adapted for that. They did not drink cockroach milk brewed in a lab, with unknown effects on our gut microbiome, mineral balance, mTOR pathway, etc. etc. Higher protein is not better. Natural balance with other nutrients is better, but truly natural does not come in a processed, patented, highly profitable package.

You're welcome to all of you who were salivating for roach milk.

If there are just long term investors, they are long term because they have already determined that the fundamentals are sound. It's the shorts, vested interests, and FUDsters that created the $245, or $180, and none of them are long term investors. Traders are what create the comments because they're focused on daily changes.
So, your idea of a long-term investor is one who puts substantial money into a company because, at one point in time he has determined that the fundamentals are strong, and never checks to see if the fundamentals have changed or his original thesis was flawed? GLTY

Reactions: AMN and Electroman
OT

I also strongly recommend The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. It’s epic fantasy but he was a physicist and nuclear engineer and it shows. Never read/seen a fantasy world so thoroughly thought out in terms of how everything works.

EDIT: it’s also going to be a TV series on Amazon Prime next year.

They are making a WOT series!!?? GOT, now this. Its like my 10 year old fantasies are all coming to life. :) The only downside, is Jordan was a money grubbing a**. He kept opening things up, never closing story lines and then decided to die with things completely unresolved. Seems like there's a decent shot GRR does the same.

Reactions: PeterJA
So, your idea of a long-term investor is one who puts substantial money into a company because, at one point in time he has determined that the fundamentals are strong, and never checks to see if the fundamentals have changed or his original thesis was flawed? GLTY
Presumably you would do the same research that you originally did in the first place on a regular basis (annually or semi-annually). And if you found that circumstances had changed, you'd likely sell the stock and no longer be a long term investor.

Reactions: Krugerrand

Come on, guys (generic), I know there have been advances in miniaturization, but milking machines of that size?

Bearing in mind this is a family site, for you medieval types counting angels on pins, "how many teats on a cockroach" will be summarily moved to a more appropriate thread. Besides, speculation is a risky business for investors and is not to be an advice.

Last edited:
Now we can sigh. As @Lycanthrope would lament, and I would agree, this is Big Food/Pharma at their destructive work. Human ancestors ate bugs for eons, so we are well adapted for that. They did not drink cockroach milk brewed in a lab, with unknown effects on our gut microbiome, mineral balance, mTOR pathway, etc. etc. Higher protein is not better. Natural balance with other nutrients is better, but truly natural does not come in a processed, patented, highly profitable package.

You're welcome to all of you who were salivating for roach milk.

They are not developing this product for Norway or Singapore.

More like sub-saharan Africa where many can't afford grass fed no antibiotics beef and are concerned with satiating hunger for today not their gut microbiome.

What? The things of importance would be the discussion.
The technology, the products, the revenue, the margins, the growth, the costs, the service, the competition...

You know. The things that truly determine the current and potential value of the company.