Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That raises the various serious question of why you would be biased against a technology like ICE that has contributed to millions of early deaths, pollutes our land and costs people billions of dollars a year in lost tax revenue, caused millions of missed workdays, sickness, death and who knows what else?

I mean, I can understand the dead people and stuff, but who doesn't like missed work days? :cool:

If there was a “funny in a very dark way” button I’d use it.

the trains get stuck and can take 30 or more days to cross the country. In Chicago there are still key crossings that need new bridges to bypass surface traffic.

Big improvements are due the next few years, but this is not moving at Elon type speeds.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-create-changes-getting-around-20180709-story.html
Indeed, when I bought my model S in 2016 once it finished at the factory it spent 10 days in a lot in Freemont before boarding a train. It took 28 more days on the train to get to Chicago. Another 4 days to reach Maryland. Shipping to the East coast via train in the U.S. isn't going to save any transport time at all. I think a cargo ship is actually faster.

Model 3’s down under just in time for spring. Another country with high gas prices and 220v standard.

C33A1225-CF72-484B-A25E-4EDD4B310120.jpeg

Model 3’s down under just in time for spring. Another country with high gas prices and 220v standard.

View attachment 449394

The first Model 3 to arrive Downunder makes me wonder what the Tesla bears who believed there was a huge demand problem are thinking about this. I mean, you would think if there was a demand problem that Tesla would have been shipping Model 3s to Australia last year. Funny how they missed this little detail. And poor Karen in Iceland still can't get her sweaty little palms on one yet.

Kim @ LikeTelsa Youtube channel previews the Smart Summon early-access program beta with 3 tests of the parking lot FSD feature: (skip to 1:00 to FF past the Ads)

"A Sneak Peek At The Latest UNRELEASED Self-Driving Tesla!"

I've stopped watching Like Tesla since they're about 80% ads; further, they also don't do a good job of reporting things. Remember when they reported about the "model refresh" last quarter?

Of course, but the stand that shorts did no harm/slowing is mistaken. Greatly mistaken.

Agreed with this, but on the on the positive side, it has allowed a lot of us small investors to increase our positions much more than we would have though possible.

Personally I'm looking to buy in pre-market tomorrow.

Interesting (and bullish) articole on how Tesla Powerwalls (not Packs)
are used to keep Zimbabwe's grid running.
The point is that in the country cash is scarce, so they use digital money via mobile.
Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Well the 520 Powerwall batteries keep the mobile phone network running, and thus the economy. The grid may be a somewhat larger project, for a population of 14 million.

Kim @ LikeTelsa Youtube channel previews the Smart Summon early-access program beta with 3 tests of the parking lot FSD feature: (skip to 1:00 to FF past the Ads)

"A Sneak Peek At The Latest UNRELEASED Self-Driving Tesla!"

It’s ready to be released in UK/JP/AU. It drives on the correct side when inside a parking lot :rolleyes:

Agreed with this, but on the on the positive side, it has allowed a lot of us small investors to increase our positions much more than we would have though possible.
Personally I'm looking to buy in pre-market tomorrow.
Agreed, but it needs to be pointed out that Tesla ultimate success has yet to happen.
What will short-financers resort to when their shorting is not sufficient to their goals? They will still have mountains of money "to invest" in alternative ways.

I expect 'funny' legislation, much funnier than current "you-cannot-sell-here"...

Here's another Tesla accident in Europe with a fatality (in the other car). Went into oncoming traffic. Unclear if autopilot was involved. Let's see if this gets reported in the mainstream press. I'm trying to keep a track of these to see when the mainstream press stops reporting on Tesla accidents. There were two accidents last weekend, with a fatality in one in the other car. Those did not make the mainstream press. So it appears to be a good sign. Makes sense too. Why should Tesla accidents be singled out when there are thousands of car accidents a day? Though they will probably still keep reporting autopilot accidents and fires.

Fatal Accident: Tesla crashes into oncoming traffic - one dies | Nordkurier.de

• Helpful
  • Disagree
Reactions: UncaNed and Thumper