Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought the uptick rule only applies to today and tomorrow. So it wouldn't apply on Thursday.
Oh yes, you're right. Will correct my post. Should read my own ref, too: ;)

"The rule includes the following features: a short-sales related circuit breaker, duration of price test restriction, securities covered by price test restriction, and implementation. In other words, most securities are covered by the rule and in the event it is activated. The alternative uptick rule would apply to short-sale orders for the remainder of the day as well as the following day."

Cheers!

Am I mistaken, or didn't many of us just burn up all our dry powder a matter of weeks/months ago buying as SP started falling?

Are some of us repeating ourselves?
Guess some large holders are sick of the drama, manipulation and 5 years of dead money. The stock will make a comeback once Model Y starts production and revenue estimates reflect that

Reactions: deffu and 2virgule5
Last year we discussed NIO on this forum. The conclusion was NIO would have a hard time to survive. Tesla sells EVs at 20% margin. It would be very difficult for NIO to price their vehicles. They could price at the same level or higher than Tesla, nobody would buy them. They could price cars bellow Tesla, then they lose a lot of money. NIO's gross margin is negative 25%, yet not many buyers are interested. Imagine when GF3 starts to produce Model 3 and Model Y.

Some investors might view NIO as a bargain and try to bail it. If I were them I wouldn't try that, I can't figure out how to run that business profitably against Model 3 and Model Y.

Guess some large holders are sick of the drama, manipulation and 5 years of dead money. The stock will make a comeback once Model Y starts production and revenue estimates reflect that

I’ve been wondering about that too... the bit about the larger investors. The selling recently doesn’t seem limited to shorts. So TSLA might become even more volatile.

Am I mistaken, or didn't many of us just burn up all our dry powder a matter of weeks/months ago buying as SP started falling?

Are some of us repeating ourselves?

You would think.

TSLA is nicely tracking the index now. $220 is possible today IMO. Probably can get down to $200’s if there’s a pullback where the Nasdaq goes to $7,800’s.