Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The fake Elon bitcoin giveaways are a real problem. It makes it hard to identify the real Elon bitcoin giveaway offers, like the one that's going to be sending me BTC any day now. ;)
The latest one is the free Model 3 giveaway. This one is actually legit. I just had to transfer a small amount ($49,000) so Elon knew where to send the car.

When you think about how that can be done, social media account must require a special email address which is a core IP Email address of a particular type not Gmail etc...

The user must establish their identity and bank account details with the ISP....

The ISP must be known and trusted by the social media site, some forms of trolling result in fines with the ISP must pass on to the customer, extreme forms of trolling result in bans and timeouts resulting in the customer losing internet access.... possibly only after regular bans on multiple sites..

If there is any evidence the ISP is not acting as required, the social media site bans them and all customer email address are banned which may cause some customers to move ISP...

There is a difference between "free-speech" and "trolling"' and the difference is frequency of comment... not hard to track the frequency of comment, and comments receiving complaints for an email address and ISP.... patterns will emerge...

We must ensure email addresses are secure and can't be hacked or taken over... so it is a good time to consider a higher standard of email security full stop...

This is a heavy handed approach but it will do the job... doing nothing is not an option..
1. By not using Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc. you've just eliminated 90% from using social media. Maybe more.
2. Using bank account and other private information will be a real boon to identity thieves. Most, if not all, social media platforms have been compromised at least once.
3. People who are their own ISP will be excluded because of the cost and bureaucracy required.
4. So people are limited to posting once per day/month/year? Kind of defeats the purpose of social media. Something might be able to be done based on content, but frequency shouldn't be an issue unless the posts are faster than a person can reasonably do.
5. It's extremely hard to achieve 100% of hack free email accounts. Even banks don't have 100% hack free records.

First of all many thanks for your consistent high quality posts. I think, that this time an error occurred in your sum, as it seems like you double counted the model 3 in NL+NO+SP from July and August.

We have 8876 model 3 in July and August all over Europe (incl. UK)
Source: Tesla Europe Registration Stats

For September realtime in NL+NO+SP so far 5748 according to EU-EVS.com.

Total: 14624

However, I totally agree with you that we will reach new records in Europe this quarter.

Will the 437 Model 3’s delivered in The Netherlands yesterday be of any help? :rolleyes:

Shorty was pretty busy again yesterday, but on this occasion, without some FUD to support them, pretty ineffective...

upload_2019-9-26_13-33-41.png

Panasonic has their own Powerwall product? That seems silly.

Panasonic launches new residential solar battery
Nah, not silly.

You're Panasonic, and you're selling batteries to Tesla, who's trying to keep as much profit for themselves as possible. Or, you can sell batteries in a packaged product, and keep all of the profit for yourself.

(This isn't even considering the pricing situation - Panasonic may be able to command a higher price than Tesla and still get sales due to availability of Tesla's system. Or, they may be able to get away with undercutting Tesla and still come out ahead on profit.)

I don't know if his model applies in this case. I've read the tax rate is based on year of registration, not the year the lease begins. Leasing companies can in theory buy and register a year's worth of cars in late 2019 and lease them throughout 2020 at the more favorable tax rate.

I'm way out of my depth talking Dutch tax code, though. Perhaps those with direct knowledge can say if this is happening.

This is already happening, model S / I-pace from 2018 where for sale in the beginning of 2019.
But these cars are included in the year 2018 registration numbers (RDW).

Italian news and twitter giggling on this nonsense news:
This police department's Tesla ran low on power during a pursuit - CNN
CNN:
"We have no written policy regarding gas or charging, but the general guideline is that it should at least be half full at the beginning of the shift, which this car was," Bosques said.

Fred has a more favorable report/ quote :
Tesla police cruiser runs out of battery during chase, but it was a user error - Electrek
A Fremont police spokesperson confirmed that someone forgot to plug in and charge the vehicle after the previous shift:

"The Tesla wasn’t fully charged at the beginning of the shift. This unfortunately happens from time to time even in our vehicles that run on gas, if they aren’t refueled at the end of a shift."

Geez....this event was picked up by like 15 news sites. And many of those don’t have the “more favorable quote”.

Comment where you can. It's always good to correct the record in the comments section when authors get things wrong or omit key details.

You can also message authors on Twitter if you think a mistake was an unintentional accident that might be repeated. Just be polite if you do.

That report is like you report a police gas car was not filled and they detect to run out of fuel while chasing someone.

There is simply no story here and beside I expect this nonsense to be reported form the FUD media which by purpose did use a headline knowing it indicates, a Tesla is a vehicle that is not fit for purpose as a police car, I am disappointed that Fred continues with his Clickbait reports.

Favorable for Fred would have been not to write an article because there is no story to report about.

That report is like you report a police gas car was not filled and they detect to run out of fuel while chasing someone.

There is simply no story here and beside I expect this nonsense to be reported form the FUD media which by purpose did use a headline knowing it indicates, a Tesla is a vehicle that is not fit for purpose as a police car, I am disappointed that Fred continues with his Clickbait reports.

Favorable for Fred would have been not to write an article because there is no story to report about.

I think Fred actually did a good job here.

Of the three headlines regarding this event in my Google feed, only Fred's indicated human error. I thought it helpful.