Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Obiwan was right: "you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy"

At one point, whack-boi says if deliveries come in at 85k then the CEO would be removed. smh. Watch it for a laugh or 3.
All we heard from them was “why hasn’t Musk changed guidance yet? He’s clearly not going to get to 360k!!” Now it’s “delivery numbers don’t matter, never have. A company attempting to rid the world of pollution from vehicles in a timely manner and provide clean energy to the world from a factory in California should be showing profit! That’s all that matters”

A quick Google search found multiple sites stating Bill Maher drives (drove?) a green Roadster.

Anyone on Twitter can use the hashtag #RTOvertime to submit questions to the shows YouTube channel. Better, submit questions to their blog. I did. I'd encourage others to do so as well as use the Twitter tag.

One could also direct a Tweet to @billmaher as well...

Bill is a very strong believer in climate change, trashing the current administration to that end. I rather enjoy his shows.

Owning a Roadster back when they were bleeding edge tech does not reflect in any fashion on a person's character
Donald Trump owned two American cars; one was a Tesla

Reactions: TNEVol
My brother picked up his M3P today :) it’s so factory fresh. It still has the suction cup marks on the windshield from the factory assembly robot lol. September 2019 build date. East coast. Amazing. The middle storage compartment has way better build quality than previous Model 3’s. Has the new annoying pedestrian warning speaker too

6CE95C22-C78B-43F3-8320-D7A2B39DACB1.jpeg
2E057598-B5DD-4627-829B-6E158CAC3DC3.jpeg

Looking at Tesla deliver time after time, I can’t help but patting myself to have spotted a talent when others around me did not.

Tesla is the best and most credible of the growth stories. It is not a software or an app that can be easy come easy go. The very deterrent nature of car industry that made tough for Tesla to establish, will now be its yet another winning strength. In EV, the advantage will be hard to overcome by new adopters / rookies like VW or BMW.

Bollinger unveils new B1/B2 electric utility truck and pickup - Electrek

614 Horsepower​

Cool!

100 MPH Top Speed​

Ugh that's very low, will struggle on the Autobahn and wont get below 10:00 on the Nürburgring, must be limited by something??

Oh, never mind:

Bollinger-B2-3_4-Front-lead.jpg

Bollinger was clearly trying to save costs by completely eliminating the aero design team.

Also, they should not expect a top score for NCAP and IIHS "pedestrian protection" either - that front is more like a freight train than a modern curved car front that gives pedestrians a chance of survival...

The grids around the headlight are for aerodynamics.

The Bollinger's Nürburgring is the Rubicon Trail.

Bollinger's Porsche is Land Rover.

Bollinger's potential customer base doesn't give a rats ass about Deutchland's Autobahn.

Do you mean when Porsche introduced the Taycan with "up to 350 kW charging speed", they were effectively lying?

Porsche said LG was unable to deliver cells with the necessary C rate to charge at 350 kW.

Everything else is ready to go.

A year or two from now when the cells are ready they will go to 350 kW.

Like Tesla, they are starting below advertised peak charging speed. They will look at the data to confirm their educated guesses. And slowly update the software to allow 270 kW.

Short data pondering.

For the last 5 trading days volumebot has reported 60% or more of the trades involved short sales. That would be some 10.1 million shares. But the sept 13th shows a short interest of 39 million shares. I am thinking there is a lot of short term short positions perhaps clossing out just before the required reporting day? Possibly the same day or within days of when they were opened?

• Helpful
Reactions: capster
FYI Bill Maher is a big supporter of believing in science and taking action on climate change. In that regard he s a friend to Tesla. He is however less enthusiastic on Elon Musk, and I recall at least two segments on his show where he criticised Elon’s plans for Mars settlement - arguing that those resources should be used to solve earth problems.

I disagree there - Musk is expending a gigantic amount of resources combatting climate change with Tesla, and it is stupid to criticise his Mars effort which is aimed at solving a seperate problem which is also a huge problem for humanity (the extinction risk inherent of being a single planet species).

FYI Bill Maher is a big supporter of believing in science and taking action on climate change. In that regard he s a friend to Tesla. He is however less enthusiastic on Elon Musk, and I recall at least two segments on his show where he criticised Elon’s plans for Mars settlement - arguing that those resources should be used to solve earth problems.

I disagree there - Musk is expending a gigantic amount of resources combatting climate change with Tesla, and it is stupid to criticise his Mars effort which is aimed at solving a seperate problem which is also a huge problem for humanity (the extinction risk inherent of being a single planet species).

Settling mars will also take a ton os scientific development. It used to be people talked about the things we got out of NASA like miniaturization of circuit boards for computers.

Elon's kinda a one man NASA. He build electric vehicles for transportation on a planet with no fossil fuel, expanded solar growth resulting in decreased costs and increased efficiencies, created tunneling technology for underground housing on mars. SpaceX is just one piece.

At one point, whack-boi says if deliveries come in at 85k then the CEO would be removed. smh. Watch it for a laugh or 3.

People who know more about Tesla and Elon Musk than the CNBC talking heads (which is just about everyone ;)) know that Musk would not have sent the e-mail if they weren't at least going to be close to the 100,000 number.

85K is basically out of the question. So this is a good benchmark to have thrown out there because people who put any stock in these jokers are going to be really impressed with the announced numbers. :cool: