Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not true at all. Model 3 is still expanding to new markets that have 0 Model 3's on the road right now.

Also all Model 3's delivered generate more Model 3 demand, so the quarterly Model 3 demand is rising each quarter.

Tell me about it :Þ

There's not "zero" on the road - I see more all the time - but they're private imports, at significant effort and expense. A small fraction of the number you get when you actually officially open to business.

The Tesla store here is reportedly calling 50-100 people per day who had expressed interest in order to set up test drives. Every day, for weeks on end.

Not true at all. Model 3 is still expanding to new markets that have 0 Model 3's on the road right now.

Also all Model 3's delivered generate more Model 3 demand, so the quarterly Model 3 demand is rising each quarter.
He meant that Model y won't cannibalize model 3 because 3 buyers want a sedan not a hatchback. At least if I understood his posts. The larger question was would Y cannibalize M3s.

Denholm responds to string of insulting questions... aren’t things better when EM does not tweet? Does EM listen to anyone? When will EM ever deliver on promises? How hard is it to be in charge of the audit committee when the reporting is all over the place and revenue is falling? Do you think China will rebel against EM abusive personnel policies? Who actually owns that Factory in China? Etc. All questions couched in pleasant words but ...

Just my observations...
Link?

Dan

Denholm responds to string of insulting questions... aren’t things better when EM does not tweet? Does EM listen to anyone? When will EM ever deliver on promises? How hard is it to be in charge of the audit committee when the reporting is all over the place and revenue is falling? Do you think China will rebel against EM abusive personnel policies? Who actually owns that Factory in China? Etc. All questions couched in pleasant words but ...

Just my observations...

Did she handle it well? She must have known that the interview will likely be an ambush by the TSLAQ CNBC staff.

He meant that Model y won't cannibalize model 3 because 3 buyers want a sedan not a hatchback. At least if I understood his posts. The larger question was would Y cannibalize M3s.

When you are cell limited, it's hard to answer this question. I mean you can even make a point that the model 3 cannibalized battery storage sales since it dropped like a rock to increase model 3 production.

So when you have way more orders than you can produce for either cars, I can see Tesla decreasing model 3 production for model Y production domestically because the model Y cost a stupid amount to make per car vs the model 3 if the Y is stuck at 1k/week when they can run 4k/week if they just have enough cells.

So I don't agree with how the model Y will not affect model 3 sales or production. Semi is another cell eater as well and it's all being made during that time. So as of today, I will expect a shift from model 3 production to Y and Semi unless battery investor day tells me they will have 1.5-2x cell production vs today at giga 1.

It's worth noting what happened to the stock after Q3 2018 earnings.

The day after PY earnings (Oct 25th 2018), TSLA opened up 10.0% at $317.22 (from $288.50) and closed at $314.86 after falling to the low of the day of $301.01. There was a somewhat similar pattern yesterday, huge gap up, falling $10 and then closing near the open price.

Two days after PY earnings (Oct 26th 2018), TSLA opened down 2.1% and closed at $330.90. It looks like we are shaping up for an open that will be down (similar to PY). Lets see if we close +5% like we did in the PY, which was also a Friday.

Oh... and if you couldn't infer from my user name, I had a great day yesterday :)

What new substantial market that will be supplied by Fremont? China is the biggest sedan market, but they have undergone the same shift in preference to the CUV as the west. On the plus side the China pricing just announced suggests good demand for the 3.

Tesla is likely production constrained in Fremont this quarter due to the U.S. tax expiry. But prior to this quarter they have been in balance with demand. They can stimulate more demand, but not at good margins.

I do agree about model 3 sales growing more model 3 sales. But model 3 sales will mostly grow model Y demand based on buyer preference of vehicle type. The model Y is by far the best match to consumer preference that Tesla has produced.

Which brings me back to consumer behavior next year: Buy the 3 now or wait in line for the Y?

Did she handle it well? She must have known that the interview will likely be an ambush by the TSLAQ CNBC staff.

She is well qualified and did fine. Serious, honest responses but cautious IMO. Ron Baron was also there and a bit more feisty. This was live just before 8 ET and Becky Quick did most of the questions with a few from Andrew. Audio was poor with a lot of background noise.

Therewill likely be a link eventually.

Physics dictates a retest of ATH. You can't have this level of short interest and not have covering ratchet things up over the next couple weeks.

I mean......who in their right mind, retail or institutional, would be selling any substantial block of their TSLA position at $300? Nobody. Would be nice to start hearing rumblings of a big Buffet or similar buy-in..