Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And it appears he 100% knows something relevant:

"My lips are sealed! I've slapped an NDA on myself, which I'm partially breaking everytime I post about this."​

GF4 announcement imminent?
He seems extremely confident, but the timing appears to be mushy: "I know it's supposed to be today, since it didn't happen yesterday and I know what it is." This suggests he is assuming it is today rather than he knows it is today.

As I understand it, material announcements are done outside of trading hours, or at least following suspension of trading. If that is the case the first clue his rumor is real would be a trading suspension. My expectation is that the timing of what he knows slipped. Maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow. Maybe later.

He also seems to think it will involve the chancellor and so would be during the day in Germany, but it could well be an after hours tonight tweet followed up by the official press meeting tomorrow.

Either way, I'm not holding my breath.

OT, but I've always enjoyed the German compound words.

My favorite example is Hospital and Ambulance. Literally sick wagon and sick house.

Kranken = sick
Haus and Wagon should be obvious.
Ambulance = Krankenwagon
Hospital = Krankenhaus

Well, sick is "krank", while "Kranke" is "patients" or "sick people".

I.e. it's more like "house for patients" and "vehicle for patients" - less funny. :D

But German compound words are funny indeed, such as one of the longest German words:

Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz

That's the name of a German statute. Yeah, German bureaucracy is unparalleled. :D

"Beef Sticker Application Monitoring Task Transfer Statute." I kid you not!

Last edited:
Sitting in the hotel. Just held the door open for Jerome (Guillen). Still waiting for Elon :cool:

Please please please tell him to have someone follow closely this forum/thread. This is the best place on Internet where collective intelligence happens about all things Tesla. I'm sure they as a company would benefit follow some advice from this community.

Apparently my strategy of buying super cheap calls back in March for post Q3 earnings was smart. Well, probably just lucky. Seeing a few hundred bucks go to zero didn't seem crazy, but seeing $40 go to $2k is bananas. That really shows me how dangerous a game it is to short a stock like Tesla.
Last week a study came out that showed the Dutch are the best non-native English speakers in the world, so you should be OK ;).

For those intrested (and I'm not taking this OT post any further, it just came up):

English is the most widely spoken language in the world, but it is worth knowing that the vast majority of speakers are not “native.” Of the roughly 1.5 billion people in the world who speak English, over 1.1 billion speak it as a second language.

Fourteen countries were placed in the “very high” category: The Netherlands (No. 1), Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Singapore, South Africa, Finland, Austria, Luxembourg, Germany, Poland, Portugal, Belgium and Croatia (No. 14).

The country with the lowest English proficiency is Libya, followed by Kyrgyzstan, Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Ivory Coast, and Uzbekistan.

Full article here.
I'm going to assume that the US wound up sitting at just above Uzbekistan?

I don’t understand moderator posts that don’t stand on their own or at least reference what they are responding to. Earlier stere was one by Audubon that just said “stop”. Left wondering what to stop. Guess we should all be considered warned but I don’t know what I was. If these are meant to be personal and not moderator posts perhaps they should in some way be indicated
We moderators use color to indicate "official" moderator postings. (Mostly. @Intl Professor doesn't do very many pronouncements.) In this case it was talking about Bolivia that Lord Vetinari wanted stopped. I think in context it was pretty obvious.

Where's Iceland on that list? Nowhere, apparently. I guess English here is so good that they're considering it a native language? ;)
The report is based on a comparison of English skills measured by testing 2.3 million people, who voluntarily applied to take the test, in 100 countries and over 400 cities and regions.

My condolences, you are not included.

Please please please tell him to have someone follow closely this forum/thread. This is the best place on Internet where collective intelligence happens about all things Tesla. I'm sure they as a company would benefit follow some advice from this community.

Also, if they do so, please also tell them to leave the occasional hint to help unknot some of the more popular Tesla mysteries, just between friends! :D

Well, sick is "krank", while "Kranken" is "patients" or "sick people".

I.e. it's more like "house for patients" and "vehicle for patients" - less funny. :D

But German compound words are funny indeed, such as one of the longest German words:

Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz

That's the name of a German statute. Yeah, German bureaucracy is unparalleled. :D

Was (past tense) a shortened name of a German statute (Gesetz zur Übertragung der Aufgaben für die Überwachung der Rinderkennzeichnung und Rindfleischetikettierung). The name was apparently met with laughter due to its length when it was introduced; one kind of suspects that it was deliberate.

According to Guinness, the longest world in common usage in German is

Rechtsschutzversicherungsgesellschaften (39 letters - "legal protection insurance companies")

In Icelandic it'd probably be:

Alþjóðaheilbrigðismálastofnunarinnar (36 letters - "of the World Health Organization")

It's a shame that people don't talk about the World Association for Animal Health or the Northeast Atlantic Fisheries Commission more often, as there's 40-letter variants of each of them ;)

In English, if you allow for technical terms in reasonably common usage, you're looking at:

Electroencephalographically (27 letters)

Or if you don't...

Deinstitutionalization (22 letters)
Counterrevolutionaries (22 letters)

Which isn't much. I mean, even biggest political party in Iceland's name is 21 letters ;)

Last edited:
Sitting in the hotel. Just held the door open for Jerome (Guillen). Still waiting for Elon :cool:
In case you might experience any anxiety about this... let's call it "Operation GF4 Reveal" that you are currently engaged in, let me assure you: your actions are not stalky! At all!

Now where the hell is Elon??? Found him yet?

Where's Iceland on that list? Nowhere, apparently. I guess English here is so good that they're considering it a native language? ;)

Hardly surprising, I'm pretty convinced that even native Icelanders struggle with their mother-tongue on occasion.

I mean, look at this word - would EVERYONE know the meaning just like that?

Vaðlaheiðarvegavinnuverkfærageymsluskúrslyklakippuhringurinn

Edit - the longest "proper" English word is: Antidisestablishmentarianism

Last edited: