Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you are right on it. I think Tesla has already broke ground in Hurt, Virginia for their East Coast facility. We have a Volvo Truck Facility in Dublin, Virginia. Volvo disclosed this week that they are laying off 700 workers at the Volvo Dublin, Virginia Plant.

Since you live only half a mile away: can’t you go there during the week and ask around? There must be someone who can shed light on what they are up to?

I give it a 50% chance Telsa will bring the Cybertruck design language to smaller cars. Plus the cost savings! $25,000 Cybercar?

If Cybertruck is a true success, "Cyber" could become it's own brand, IMHO. I think someone mentioned that earlier. Cybercar, Cybervan, Cyberbuggy, etc.

Tesla will probably need multiple brands if it wants to hit their 20m sales goal anyway.

Tesla brand could be for more conventional cars.

Last edited:
Off-topic (from the current topic which is also off-topic)

Just as a measure of how fast Tesla has been expanding its Supercharger program, per www.supercharge.info in North America alone there are 63 sites in the permitting stage and 102 sites under construction. ONE HUNDRED AND TWO SITES SIMULTANEOUSLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION.

Amazing. Good statistic when discussing Electrify America, Chademo sites for Mach-E etc. etc.

what would they have received if they made it a bit more conservative? not the same as everyone else, just not as edgy...like 500k resv??

hahah i can’t wait to hear the rebuttals from naysayers on this 150k- they’re toast!!!

“but, but, it’s ugly!”
Probably not even half as many. "Oh, ho-hum, another pickup truck. Sorry, not a truck person. Next."
Everything new gets billed as ugly when people first see it.

Have to say, the cybertruck appeals to the star wars sci fi millennials so hard. A wrap can make it into a batmobile or a Halo Warthog. I mean you get to buy your personal AP efing C! I would totally get one if i had zero composure. But I have a family and no need for a third car..but God damn it....
I give you 1 week maybe, 2 weeks definitely, to change your mind :p

If Cybertruck is a true success, "Cyber" could become it's own brand, IMHO. I think someone mentioned that earlier. Cybercar, Cybervan, Cyberbuggy, etc.

Tesla will probably need multiple brands if it wants to hit their 20m sales goal anyway.

Tesla brand could be for more conventional cars.
I'd guess that "conventional cars" are now on the way out--except for the retro look.

Cough cough. Would have been 150k if they didn’t get so ballsy
We shouldn't discount that - that 1kg ball actually was responsible for most of those 140k pre-orders.

And the Apple Pay issues ;)

ps : Its possible the 140k Musk tweeted out is already deduped (i.e. only unique) pre-orders, considering there was a lot of noise about this during Model 3 reservations.

Since you live only half a mile away: can’t you go there during the week and ask around? There must be someone who can shed light on what they are up to?

The Boring Company comes to mind since they are working on the Eastern Corridor Tunnel but this seems a bit too far South maybe.

And thanks for the pix of the frunk. I looked at the original video too. It looks mostly like a plain frunk in the available space.

I’m starting to think Elon backed off at the presentation on the functions and features part of the truck simply because he had to get the public use to the new shape of a Cybertruck. It’s like why tell them how cool it is when they’ll be blinded by design, I’ll just rub the image of this truck in their head for two years until they accept it.
I think we are going to see a lot of Cybertruck at future Tesla events and get updates as it evolves to its production form.

seeing one in black will make it look more finished. I’m sure they had an uptick in preorders when EM agreed to it on twitter

Disagree. That would compromise structural strength. MAYBE let the sides fold down for loading. Rigidity needs those sides and the louvre closed, in my mechanically simple mind. :rolleyes:
After looking closer at the design I agree, it would probably negatively impact the structural strength. That's too bad too as I've seen several other suggestions for use of those sections, like a work bench for instance.

I'll leave it up to people smarter than me to figure out what makes the most sense. Regardless, this is going to be one cyber ride!