Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are the options for new tech & 2020 announcements?

Enhanced batteries
Enhanced battery production
New motors
Full self driving
FSD chip v4 - focus on power saving
New wiring solution for 3 and Y
Revamped SX with Plaid announcement
Enhanced infotainment for SX
Satellite uplink to Starlink
Car to car communication to improve traffic control and updates
Solar windows to add ~15 miles back to car daily
New production / assembly tech to increase production capacity

Of course production of Y, Semi and Roadster should all begin to varying degrees. Speeding up Y release date may have delayed Semi and Roadster. With Y pretty much locked down and work focused on production processes, focus on getting Semi moving should be next priority. Roadster should be timed with Plaid S and X, which seems to be Q3 2020.

What are the options for new tech & 2020 announcements?

Enhanced batteries
Enhanced battery production
New motors
Full self driving
FSD chip v4 - focus on power saving
New wiring solution for 3 and Y
Revamped SX with Plaid announcement
Enhanced infotainment for SX
Satellite uplink to Starlink
Car to car communication to improve traffic control and updates
Solar windows to add ~15 miles back to car daily
New production / assembly tech to increase production capacity

Of course production of Y, Semi and Roadster should all begin to varying degrees. Speeding up Y release date may have delayed Semi and Roadster. With Y pretty much locked down and work focused on production processes, focus on getting Semi moving should be next priority. Roadster should be timed with Plaid S and X, which seems to be Q3 2020.

don’t forget potential GF5 announcement, and potential supply chain vertical integration.

Can someone clever please answer this:

Speculation of pack sizes (kWh)

Is there a more important topic right now? We need to understand 2 things:
  1. How much more cost effective is stainless steel - will it be used elsewhere?
  2. What is the cost reduction from the move to Maxwell etc.?
    1. And are all CT variants using the Maxwell batteries
2.) Must be answered first and we must be able to deduce a fair bit from 3 variants, 0-60 times, prices etc.

With our new found knowledge, we can then more accurately predict when SP will reach $4000.

Watching NFL yesterday and caught this Audi e-tron add ... is it just me or are they listing all the reasons not to buy an EV perpetuating the the misinformation while advertising their new e-tron

I was initially happy to see BEV add... but upon further inspection this is just more FUD ... message just buy a "real" Audi EVs have too many issues :)

Audi e-tron TV Commercial, 'Not for You' Song by HOTEI [T1]

thoughts ?

Indeed, you might have detected a hidden reluctance to effectively market EVs by legacy automakers and their dealers. They may fear that their golden geese will share the fates of Thanksgiving turkeys. :eek:

https://ww.electrek.co/2019/11/25/d...gment-on-audi-e-tron-sales-patience-required/

https://ww.electrek.co/2019/11/25/i...arketing-chief-says-theres-no-demand-for-evs/

Last edited:
Can someone clever please answer this:

Speculation of pack sizes (kWh)

Is there a more important topic right now? We need to understand 2 things:
  1. How much more cost effective is stainless steel - will it be used elsewhere?
  2. What is the cost reduction from the move to Maxwell etc.?
    1. And are all CT variants using the Maxwell batteries
2.) Must be answered first and we must be able to deduce a fair bit from 3 variants, 0-60 times, prices etc.

With our new found knowledge, we can then more accurately predict when SP will reach $4000.

Elon did say steel was 1/6th the cost of aluminium.

And cheaper to bend than to press..

4k sp.:) sooner than you would expect imho.

I don’t know what you mean by serious truck buyer. Is it one likely to turn reservation into a sale? I know most pickup drivers do not tow bulldozers with them. Most put lumber or suit cases in the bed or perhaps tools.

Ford doesn't break out F-150 from F-250 and F-350, but based on the number of vehicles impacted by this recall: 2018-2019 F-Series Super Duty Recall For Trucks With LED Headlights a significant fraction are in the larger categories that Cybertruck doesn't touch. The recall impacts 86k vehicles in the US, produced over 17 months, and only the top trims of the Super Duty pickups have the impacted LED headlamps. Making a wild-ass guess, those trims might represent 10% of Super Duty sales (guessing low because fleet trucks aren't going to have 'em), which would suggest that 12-month sales of all Super Dutys at 600k, making it ~65% of all F-series.

Overall this makes my WAG of Cybertruck's addressable market 50% of the total full-sized pickup market, since it's a 1/2 Ton by towing, but a 3/4 Ton by payload.

Indeed, you might have detected a hidden reluctance to effectively market EVs by legacy automakers and their dealers. They may fear that their golden geese will share the fates of Thanksgiving turkeys. :eek:

https://ww.electrek.co/2019/11/25/d...gment-on-audi-e-tron-sales-patience-required/

https://ww.electrek.co/2019/11/25/i...arketing-chief-says-theres-no-demand-for-evs/
Kind of reminds me of the original EV-1 commercials all filmed in black and white with funeral music in the background and all of the Volt commercials which consisted of people making fun of it at a gas station because it didn't take gas!

I'm proud of Electrek for taking Toyota to task at the LA Auto Show and publishing an excerpt of the interview afterward. Interesting read.

https://electrek.co/2019/11/25/inte...arketing-chief-says-theres-no-demand-for-evs/

I propose Toyota may want to name their first full EV the "Ostrich" -- if it ever comes out, that is.

main-qimg-a70e058e204431642f3cc1d2bae0065a