Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok... I know this is the investor forum... and everyone else's eyes are focused on a specific stock ticker chart, but I liked this video regarding FSD, HW3, and Project: Dojo that I think others would be interested in as well. It's a small youtube channel that doesn't get many views or subscribers, but he caught a lot of snippets that both Karpathy and Elon have stated and has been able to compile them pretty well into a single video:

Sooo....any thoughts on WTF is going on? Not that I'm complaining here. 600 by close?

Short squeeze continues.

Everyone who shorted at $260 and nuder now, and hasn't covered, has lost more than 100% of their money.

Someone who shorted at $300 has now lost over 73% of their money
Someone who shorted at $350 has now lost over 49% of their money
Even someone whoe shorted near the 2017-19 highs of ~$380 has now lost 37% of their money now.

I wonder how many people have tripled their money by buying near the 52 week low? The lowest I managed was $199 and that was just a small amount. Most of mine are in the low 300's.

Ditto. My average is $321, lowest was $256. I had the most cash just after Elon's 420 boast. But I'm not complaining. TSLA has virtually made me most of my Model 3 Dual Motor! :)

Spiegal is an old enemy! Let us not forget the new ones
“I put on a small short condition [Wednesday] that for an investment firm my sons and I run,” Brad Cornell, emeritus professor of finance at UCLA and managing director at global consulting firm BRG, tells Fortune. “We thought at $488 it was so wildly overvalued, how long could it go on?”

I sold recently at 349, which in hindsight was a bit early but it was my plan when I got in at 220 and 240. I'll stay out until we are well into Q1 again. I think the tail winds of Q4 will have turned by then along with the less favorable seasonality and sentiment will probably go down with them.

No plan B. Tesla did not rally before (and certainly not after) autonomy day so battery day doesn't worry me. I'll just have to live with seeing you all get rich :). I think the current valuation is too high to justify holding. Of course if Tesla grew into it's price then Ill reconsider but that is more of a medium term thing.

TSLA is quite a manic-depressive stock so I try to make my money holding 1-6 months at a time. Has worked ok so far.

Guys, Im having to live with you seeing you all get rich! Pretty wild. Short squeeze in effect. If I had stock I would be selling at the first sight of weakness. And yes this is a recommendation from the guy who sold at 350 so you know it is good advice :).