Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With Jonas, the bs petition on sudden acceleration- shorts are out in full force. Saw this tweet last night - don’t be surprised to see another hit piece or interview from her trying to take down Tesla in the near future.
View attachment 501305

At least she's got good taste in beverages...

whats better way to start your weekend than loading up on TSLA?
I had placed an order for a small number of shares for $500 for today. Doesn’t look like it will fill now. My faith in the market manipulators’ abilities was grossly misplaced. ;)

Now, do I change the order to market order or let it expire infilled. Decisions decisions

• Informative
Reactions: ev-enthusiast
I had placed an order for a small number of shares for $500 for today. Doesn’t look like it will fill now. My faith in the market manipulators’ abilities was grossly misplaced. ;)

Now, do I change the order to market order or let it expire infilled. Decisions decisions

MM's might push it down to $499.87 in the final hour, if that's their target. Might be they've decided to shift to $510, don't know.

@Curt Renz normally has a good handle on this.

On this post yesterday I got:
  • 9 funnies
  • 5 informative
  • 4 dislikes
  • 2 likes

Today opened about 30 USD down from when this was posted. I'm not saying that TSLA is necessarily going down from here. I've had pretty much all my money in Tesla since 2012, and I'm still super bull. But I do find it strange that it is a bit controversial to recommend selling a small portion of the portfolio after the stock has risen about 200% in half a year.

In fact it tripled from the $179 low.

I think it's really sensible to keep a buffer of cash, to buy the dip directly or via cash covered puts, or to leverage up some more via calls if there's an opportunity.

Btw., protective puts are often cheaper and allow a higher upside than selling part of the stake.
@Fact Checking let me help you with some meth? :eek:
You don't actually disagree. :cool:

D
Care to explain why you disagreed with this @JustSaying? Are you an AJ fan? Are you AJ himself? Because aside from calling him a clown (my opinion, shared by many) the post was factually correct.
Sorry, it must have been a scrolling error.I undid it. I am not sure I even read it. I will love it if it you want... I am not a clown but my wife thinks I am funny (looking)
With over 1,000+ cash long shares ( and 7 $355 March calls, which after the ER will be rolled into more shares ) I can assure you I don't wear short shorts and this site provides me with valuable info.
BTW I was a linestander with a white LR Model 3 vin 99XX and a Model Y order holder.

@DaveT has been expounding on this point in videos and in this forum for a while. Paraphrasing Dave: “We’ve hit an inflection point where gross profits now cover the cost of running the company”.

Thank you so much for putting numbers and analyses to it. This simple fact (that 70%-80% of gross profits from all additional sales will flow straight into net profits now that Tesla has hit scale), will catch many people off guard.

That’s just not normal in the Auto Industry. Tasha from Ark Invest predicts that soon many Tesla analysts will get very poor reviews, and be replaced with tech analysts.

P.S. I don’t know whether it’s true, but I remember shorts used to cry foul that some Supercharger costs were bundled into SG&A because they served an advertisement purpose.

The only downside is that he doesn't sign value with energy creation and storage. This was okay two years ago. In the same thread of thought so does ARK.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Why are there people that have to buy today?
Lots of Deep In The Money calls expiring today. :) If they are exercised, the stock is bought. Maybe that's what he means?

I don't know if that will affect the SP today, or Tuesday, or not at all. I know I will be buying 100 shares for $285 :D

Wonder how long we have to wait until options expiration actually pulls the price UP instead of down.
Be careful for what you wish. This is territory for the likes of @Papafox and @Curt Renz, among quite a few others, but I believe that scenario likely occurs most often during stock price swoons, not rises.

It’s going to be hilarious if Tesla post a huge profit on Q4. It’s the factor that the analyst and CNBC haven’t even mentioned.
If 20% of shares are short, how many will run for cover on earnings? It will be a bloodbath.

I've been told that there are some shorts that are preparing for a blood bath for Q4 earnings, and have purchased calls to somewhat hedge their position for the Q4 er. These shorts intend to keep their holdings intact for a devastating Q1.

In this case, these shorts won't run for cover after Q4 earnings.

I've been told that there are some shorts that are preparing for a blood bath for Q4 earnings, and have purchased calls to somewhat hedge their position for the Q4 er. These shorts intend to keep their holdings intact for a devastating Q1.

I think Q1 results will be devastating - to the shorts. They only believe Musk when he says something they like, in this case, that Q1 would be really difficult. I think they are going to be sore when Musk is through with them! Demand for MIC Model 3 will see to that.

It's not easy to separate out the "Tesla stock will dip for a bit and I want to trade on that" shorts vs the "Tesla is fwaud gonna go to $0" shorts.

Reactions: wipster and liuping