Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mod:
I deleted most of the posts about "that guy" except for the first one pointing out that it was satire.
I will remind our gentle audience that you're really only supposed to post stuff that is true (truly that guy is a short idiot is fine).
Jokes labeled as such or obvious are tolerated but not what we're here for.
That particular article violates the terms of service for being Not Safe For Work.
So stop commenting on it now.
--ggr.

Incredible. Coming from the guy whose massive ego prevented climate change from being seriously addressed in the U.S. for 10 - 20 years. 10 if you give Obama a pass for his first two years where digging out from the 2008 financial crisis. 20 if you count the rest of Obama's terms as largely blocked by the opposition party.
He killed the Corvair and with it front wheel drive and quality compact Carson America for 20 years. Maybe he’s been working for Toyota all this time.

He doesn't work in thr field so his degree doesn't mean that much. I have an economics degree also. Not from Yale but from a respectable program (no idea how impressive yale economics school is) and I don't work in the field either.

He is a joke. Typical slimy investment banker with zero credibility when discussing economics.
Business Econ vs science Econ is a big difference. I have friends that would be top ranked mathematicians in economics. They don’t tend to think highly of business economists. Some Econ like Thaler can have a big impact on the real economy. Thaler for the better.

Reactions: Nocturnal
Coming from an extended family with multiple Teslas in different states, the vehicles have had zero problems with acceleration.

I also think Elon should make a point in having Ralph Nader get a tour of Sparks Gigafactory, use Nader's call out as a marketing opportunity for positive post tour comments... seems like Nader is just not informed and getting him to see the real deal (and maybe meet Elon) would most likely pay off in positive feedback and thoughts on what is actually happening at Tesla.

There is so much more than just electric cars happening with this company. Energy and other things/products (not to mention the scaling gigafactory build out industry as well-- machine that make the machine, etc)
F Nadar! Give him nothing.

Reactions: Skryll
Mod:
I deleted most of the posts about "that guy" except for the first one pointing out that it was satire.
I will remind our gentle audience that you're really only supposed to post stuff that is true (truly that guy is a short idiot is fine).
Jokes labeled as such or obvious are tolerated but not what we're here for.
That particular article violates the terms of service for being Not Safe For Work.
So stop commenting on it now.
--ggr.

To be honest, I don't know who we are talking about, nor the reason why the topic is taboo as I only skim the latest few posts when I check in. I get a few posts deleted (I am guessing for that guy), but with no way to check which post was deleted and the content I wrote, I have no idea what you mods are talking about.

Reactions: 2virgule5
Autopilot continues to improve all the time (starts at about 0:45):

Autopilot Drives 45 Miles Including City Streets With NO Interventions
Just a quick post about how happy I am with Navigate on Autopilot. It's improved quite a bit since I started using it. It kicked me into the passing lane, moved back into the center lane, then merged back into the right lane in heavy traffic in preparation for taking the exit. Then it actually took the exit, all flawlessly. In fact, when my wife tried it, she commented on how she could 'see' the car thinking about whether to speed up or slow down to merge back into the right lane. This is on my 2017 S with HW 2.5. Can't wait for FSD release.

I think we already know the answers he’ll give to those:

1. We’ll go into this at the battery investor day
2. We have a new line coming up in Fremont for the Model Y, no plans on scaling down 3 production.
3. You can now request service via app, parts now stored in service centers, mobile service speeds things up.

#3 we’ve seen asked a bunch and he always seems to think it’s referring to speed of service. Might need to rephrase to specify that there seems to be gaps in communication with service centers/between departments and also issues with service tickets languishing without follow up, leading to frustrating customer experiences. I think that’s pretty much the service issue right now, so far as I’ve seen.

To be honest, I don't know who we are talking about, nor the reason why the topic is taboo as I only skim the latest few posts when I check in. I get a few posts deleted (I am guessing for that guy), but with no way to check which post was deleted and the content I wrote, I have no idea what you mods are talking about.
That probably is actually by design, to kill discussion dead.

Reactions: Carl Raymond
I recommend watching this video made by our fellow TMC member. It will keep you calm dealing with crazy TSLA price action no matter it's up or down.
<iframe width="1124" height="632" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I love Dave, I miss seeing him around TMC. You may be surprised to hear I watched this video and all of his others prior to entering my position. ‍♂️ Can’t cure crazy I suppose. Thank you for the kind suggestion though. I sincerely appreciate fellow investors on here trying to save me money. But given my positioning I’m ok with it. My worst case scenario is the stock somehow doesn’t move and all of my bullish short term spreads expire as well. But as long as we move up as we should, the cost of my puts going to zero will be negated by my calls.

I think we already know the answers he’ll give to those:

1. We’ll go into this at the battery investor day
2. We have a new line coming up in Fremont for the Model Y, no plans on scaling down 3 production.
3. You can now request service via app, parts now stored in service centers, mobile service speeds things up.

#3 we’ve seen asked a bunch and he always seems to think it’s referring to speed of service. Might need to rephrase to specify that there seems to be gaps in communication with service centers/between departments and also issues with service tickets languishing without follow up, leading to frustrating customer experiences. I think that’s pretty much the service issue right now, so far as I’ve seen.

1. Possibly, but battery investor day will mostly be about the long term, and it seems like they might be waiting for a certain something before holding that investor day, meaning it could be delayed until H2 2020. I'd really like to have some more clarity about near/medium term battery supply, in terms of Gigafactory 1 and partners at Giga 3.

2. There's a number of people on this forum such as @EVNow and @Troy who believe Fremont is going to be capped at about 10k/week, which means that either Model Y would only be 3k/week (highly unlikely), or Model 3 production would be scaled down. I'm not in this camp, but would nonetheless like more clarity on this, as well as planned long term production capacities of Giga 3 and Giga 4.

Reactions: CorneliusXX