Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tales from the short side. Ouch.

i shorted tesla today (last friday) : wallstreetbets

c7axhg0rbqe41.jpg

Big question: where will it settle for the rest of the week (waiting for next Monday’s exuberance)

That's a tough one to call given how little visibility we have into how many shares are still sold short but a very good guess would be solidly in the $700's. Anything above that is a nice bonus.

I've been expecting $100/day moves but not this soon! This is some exuberant trading but I still hope we get some irrational exuberance. :D

Can't take it anymore today. Going out for a ride to the Jersey shore for lunch.

Seeing a Cybertruck in one days gains is taking a toll. Knowing it joins the total gains for just about everything Tesla sells with 4 wheels is a test of willpower not to sell.

HODL.
That's where a small number of options come useful. You can sell some short term ones and feel like you've accomplished something without selling shares.;)

Can't take it anymore today. Going out for a ride to the Jersey shore for lunch.

Seeing a Cybertruck in one days gains is taking a toll. Knowing it joins the total gains for just about everything Tesla sells with 4 wheels is a test of willpower not to sell.

HODL.
Four AWD Cybertucks of rise today. Really easy to not sell, this times seems different that the previous ATH's. I hope I am right.

Last edited:
Never thought I would be pining for more Tesla "buying opportunities" so soon after the Great Devaluation of FH 2019. Yep, I sold most of the pile I accumulated then into this rally, at an average selling price of perhaps ~$400. It was the cautious, cool-headed, realistic thing to do ;-) Just sold some more at $760. Ouch!!! I feel for the shorts.

Wholly Smokes! I'VE got sell orders like that, considered beyond the realm of reality on January 22...

I just deleted them all. Much thanks for that post!

My only sell order is at $2200 so I'm not too concerned. I like that when people who have access to all the standing orders look at them, they will see mine way up there! Makes a nice statement for any shorts looking to cover, LOL! I encourage you all to do the same.

Reactions: TradingInvest