Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My god we are going to try 700 today.
There-is-no-try-Yoda-560x295.jpg

Showing my naivete here, but what is the significance of the Ron Baron appearance?
He is one of the early bulls. IIRC he bought in at like 17, wound up selling at 30 something, and regretted his sale when it was in the 100s and calls it his biggest mistake. Edit, forgot to mention that he bought back in big time.

Time to raise your $3999.99 sell order @Unpilot.

Advice!
Showing my naivete here, but what is the significance of the Ron Baron appearance?

Ron likely will explain why this is becoming a trillion dollar company, and why it's more sure than ever. He understands this company. In the past people laugh at him, now both longs and shorts are more likely to pay attention.

Been mostly observing this board since I bought my Nissan LEAF and first TSLA shares in 2013. I have to add my voice to the chorus of folks offering big thanks and appreciation to the extremely knowledgeable contributors on this board that volunteered their insights during the darker days. I am by nature a conservative investor, with most of my market exposure through VTI and other broad-based funds. I am a true believer in Tesla, its mission and products, but if not for this community I fear I would have sold out during the last trip below $200. I never lost faith in Elon or the product, but rather started to question if the bears/shorts could actually damage the SP and reputation of the company enough that it might actually fail or have its growth trajectory severely altered. On my worst days, the thought that ultimately kept me steadfast was that if Tesla fails then what good would the surplus money do me or my kids on a wrecked planet anyway. Betting on Tesla/TSLA really is the ultimate win-win. Congrats and thank you to all!

WMTribe90Member

You are certainly a man of few posts. Congrats.

It did not resemble the VW squeeze in any meaningful way. (And yes shorts have been shorting low and covering high as long as $TSLA has been publicly traded :))

Yes, the entire setup for the VW short squeeze was completely different than what we have here. So much so that it would be irresponsible for anyone to suggest it will play out in a similar manner.

Re: shorting low and covering high:

It's heartening to know just how generously the shorts have been (and still are) contributing to the movement to sustainable energy! Every little bit helps! :D

I literally asked a stranger(while, not really) this morning whether he had Tesla stock, and advised him not to look at it, and don’t sell.
Glad he said he had this deal with his wife that they are not going to sell no matter what. They are in it for the long run, and won’t try to time the market.

BTW, it feels like 2013-May-11th today.
Weak hands had been shaken out already, let’s sit back and enjoy the show.

Not advice!

Ron likely will explain why this is becoming a trillion dollar company, and why it's more sure than ever. He understands this company. In the past people laugh at him, now both longs and shorts are more likely to pay attention.
I concur. Ron is an early bull, and asserted that Tesla is a trillion dollars company. He was so convinced that he even openly suggested Elon not to take Tesla private during the 420 funding secured time. I am pretty sure he will continue to justify his one trillion $$ call

I concur. Ron is an early bull, and asserted that Tesla is a trillion dollars company. He was so convinced that he even openly suggested Elon not to take Tesla private during the 420 funding secured time. I am pretty sure he will continue to justify his one trillion $$ call
I'm no math wizard, but if SP of around $600 is a $100 billion dollar company then a valuation of $1 trillion would be...:cool: