Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, that should have tripped the -10% curcuit breaker "uptick rule" @ $798.35

So, should be no more short selling allowed today and tomorrow. But Friday its back to shortcity...

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2020-02-05.09-32.png

I would say a steady 5% increase per day with macro would give me a better feeling than +30% in two days then a 10% crash after due to manipulation. Just reminds you oh yeah, Tesla still will give you sleepless nights due to assholes.

I agree, @Singuy . Though I will say I'm more comfortable with 'reasonable' volatility going forward. Meaning, now that we've touched $900, even if we drop $100 or two nowadays, I think we have forever put behind us the FUD that Tesla will go bankwupt etc. Now it's just "how big will they grow? and how fast?" and not "will Tesla live another year?" I can live with my investment growing reasonably.

In fact, Tesla's rocket rise is messing with my retirement projections! I was very happy when my compound portfolio gain was 10% / year, I'm getting close to living off the dividends (non Tesla since Tesla has never paid any!). But with Tesla now 20% of my portfolio, and its average annual growth of 103% on my book value, this is making my overall growth forecast look ridiculously rosy. I can't trust growth this fast! :confused:

I know everybody is consumed by the ticker these days, but when Tesla posted this on their recent safety blog post, I was wondering what they’re doing in MI and MN?

“Tesla is taking the first steps to join OSHA’s Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) at our facilities in Lathrop and Fremont, California, Nevada, New York, Michigan and Minnesota.”

(Emphasis mine)

From this post:
Accelerating Tesla’s Safety Culture

Last edited:
I know everybody is consumed by the ticker these days, but when Tesla posted this on their recent safety blog post, I was wondering what they’re doing in MI and WI?

“Tesla is taking the first steps to join OSHA’s Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) at our facilities in Lathrop and Fremont, California, Nevada, New York, Michigan and Minnesota.”

(Emphasis mine)

From this post:

Tesla has a tooling factory in Michigan. Don't know about Minnesota

I know everybody is consumed by the ticker these days, but when Tesla posted this on their recent safety blog post, I was wondering what they’re doing in MI and WI?

(Emphasis mine)

From this post:

I think they bought some tooling companies before Model 3 came out that are in MI and MN.

• Informative
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D

Well in Minnesota they have Perbex that they acquired. And I think they acquired some other toolmaker as well.

Edit: And Riviera Tool in Michigan.

I agree, @Singuy . Though I will say I'm more comfortable with 'reasonable' volatility going forward. Meaning, now that we've touched $900, even if we drop $100 or two nowadays, I think we have forever put behind us the FUD that Tesla will go bankwupt etc. Now it's just "how big will they grow? and how fast?" and not "will Tesla live another year?" I can live with my investment growing reasonably.

In fact, Tesla's rocket rise is messing with my retirement projections! I was very happy when my compound portfolio gain was 10% / year, I'm getting close to living off the dividends (non Tesla since Tesla has never paid any!). But with Tesla now 20% of my portfolio, and its average annual growth of 103% on my book value, this is making my overall growth forecast look ridiculously rosy. I can't trust growth this fast! :confused:

I've been managing my plan without accounting for my 2 most lucrative investments since they don't throw out any dividend.

However with TSLA's case, it probably make sense for them to start giving out a token dividend. If only to force the shorts to increase their cost of carrying the short. Right now, part of the problem with rampant shorting, is the very low cost of margin due to interest rate. I've been wondering if our European counterparts actually gets paid to short stocks.

• Disagree
Reactions: Drax7
Tesla Tomorrow is better in every way.

1. Tomorrow there will be more Tesla car's on the road=more true believers.
2. Tomorrow the Giga Berlin factory is one day closer to being finished.
3. Tomorrow the next Giga factory is also closer to being announced (Texas?)
4. Tomorrow energy and solar ramps up faster.
5. Tomorrow Some Jim Cramer like person will realize how wrong headed they have been.
6. Tomorrow The inevitable movement to nonrenewable energy gains more steam.
7. Tomorrow the engineers at Tesla work to make my car better with more over the air updates.
8. Tomorrow Tesla's free cash flow increases
9. Tomorrow full self driving is one step closer to reality.
10.Tomorrow we are all one step closer to a brighter future thanks to Tesla.

Let the fools play their games today ....they are one step closer to loosing.

Be happy

is advice

I find it funny that people started getting nervous when a car company/tech company/software company/energy generation company/energy storage company/fuel supply company/car dealership company all in one that is dominating anyone that tries to compete was suddenly valued about the same as a company that streams videos on the internet, LOL.

Well, damn it, missed my chance mid-yesterday on my Friday options. Almost sold them a couple hours before the close and talked myself out of it. Those options have gone from "YES!" to "eh, I might do a little better than break even".

I have to recommend the sell/buy half when you're unsure method, recommended here often.

Agree. Picked up a couple of conservative LEAPS and a couple of lottos at this level. Probably more shenanigans to come, but if it continues down, I'll buy more.

I had these two Friday calls from before the earnings report, and was feeling the same yesterday afternoon. I got lucky and sold one of them before the drop, so now even if the other expires worthless I've made $26k on the pair.

I know everybody is consumed by the ticker these days, but when Tesla posted this on their recent safety blog post, I was wondering what they’re doing in MI and MN?

(Emphasis mine)

From this post:

Minnesota probably the Perbix acquisition