Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CNBC has already started its daily Tesla bashing. They seem to be trying the dredge up some of the old FUD, including “fraud” and “unfulfilled promises.” They are making some positive statements, such as their technology is ahead of others. But, then it gets countered by a professor from Yale who has been on before bashing Tesla (who is referencing Chanos in a positive way). A CNBC contributor (Bethany McLean) is helping on the bashing side. Just another day . . ..

I agree. It looks like we could go into next week with the setup for daily moves to be even higher in each direction than we've seen this week.

Will be key to see how many put buyers take profit today and tomorrow.

The best case (for OTM call buyers) is that we see some mock stability in the share price today and tomorrow, then options markets miss price volatility too low again before Friday close.
It could setup for an almost exact copy of this week on Monday, just potentially with even more volatility.

Yeah, this seems very likely to me too.

It didn't seem like any large sellers emerged all the way up till $950, and looking at your calculations net shares were added by longs on Monday and Tuesday at prices in between $650 and ~$900.

There also could've been an increase in short interest(and there definitely was an increase in PUT options), just like that Andrew Left guy who announced he went short on TSLA once again.

This will be interesting to watch. I bought a tiny amount of calls expiring next week after the dip yesterday. I might add on some more on Friday, although still small. I'm just not confident enough in short term predictions to wager much on them.

Reactions: ReflexFunds
Thanks @ReflexFunds for your top notch analysis on the open interest and what it means for the volatility. It is hard to believe that we're setup for more volatile times.

The only saving grace of this circus is, at this point the old longs have seen everything. They have been thru fire, and what doesn't kill then only makes them stronger.

Thanks @ReflexFunds for your top notch analysis on the open interest and what it means for the volatility. It is hard to believe that we're setup for more volatile times.

The only saving grace of this circus is, at this point the old longs have seen everything. They have been thru fire, and what doesn't kill then only makes them stronger.

Yeah, if everybody keeps most or all of their investments focussed towards the long term, this is just temporary noise.

SIt back, enjoy the ride, and watch a once in a life time story unfold.

Yeah, if everybody keeps most or all of their investments focussed towards the long term, this is just temporary noise.

SIt back, enjoy the ride, and watch a once in a life time story unfold.
Yup, shortzes still hoping to scare folks into dropping their catch. :p

Me? I'm long and strong, with $50K locked'n'loaded on the side line. GIVE ME A DEAL!

Shortzes can short themselves into the poor-house, and they won't get 1 single share from me on their way down in flames. And its a long way, buoys.

Cheers to the Longs!

Yup, shortzes still hoping to scare folks into dropping their catch. :p

Me? I'm long and strong, with $50K locked'n'loaded on the side line. GIVE ME A DEAL!

Shortzes can short themselves into the poor-house, and they won't get 1 single share from me on their way down in flames. And its a long way, buoys.

Cheers to the Longs!
Make sure your broker cannot lend the shares, some have it as an option to disable this. some just do it (then you need another broker).

(every share counts)

Last edited:
Rivian has been and is, welcome to utilize the Tesla network. All they gotta do is set up the cost sharing agreement.

Fire Away!
(It’s the batteries, Stupid!)
Since Tesla started to charge for supercharger use the business case for opening up the network to others have changed. Having deals with other companies would make little sense. Tesla just could open the network for drivers of competing cars being able to high charge rate with an app. I highly doubt that Tesla will do that in the near future.
Superchargers are not profit center yet, they are small loss making marketing venture. So why lose mony on marketing competitors. Things will change. It will probably happen in 5-10 years.

31FB0EF7-11DA-4D91-BBBC-63EC3C53F123.jpeg
I feel like we’ve seen this movie before. My hunch is that the shorts smell blood in the water and will return, putting pressure on the SP over the next few weeks. Coronavirus doesn’t help the bull case in the short term either.

Not an advice

I agree. It looks like we could go into next week with the setup for daily moves to be even higher in each direction than we've seen this week.

Will be key to see how many put buyers take profit today and tomorrow.

The best case (for OTM call buyers) is that we see some mock stability in the share price today and tomorrow, then options markets miss price volatility too low again before Friday close.
It could setup for an almost exact copy of this week on Monday, just potentially with even more volatility.
I suspect that some big money figured out the same thing and they will dampen the effect when they will attempt to exploit it.

To be fair a Robin is a bird.

Touché!

@Robbbin90, while of course you have a right to post whatever you want within the forum rules, a new member who just appeared during a stock downturn and has only posted concern about the stock is going to raise some eyebrows among the seasoned veterans here. If you are legitimately concerned and don't have alterior motives, be aware there's a history of this activity in an attempt to scare investors to sell. I'd suggest participating in some other threads first before coming to this thread to bring a little more legitimacy to your concerns.

Most of us have quite hefty balls of steel (even the ladies, lol) and have strong convictions about this company that scare tactics are not going to sway.

Last edited: