Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you sold them already though, I don't follow...why would it matter to you if they end up higher?

Well ya know... the shares that these calls were covered against aren't the only Tesla shares that I hold...... ;)

Plus, if the stock were to increase $200+ in 2 days, I wouldn't be sad to buy back in only 99% of my shares at a slightly higher price than the $990 I sold them for.

• Informative
Reactions: Fact Checking
A quote: You are making that up out of your fears and self-loathing.

Does that mean, if some other forum member addressed you like that for including a misquote in one of your posts, you'd be ok with it? Is it just a little "rolling of the eyes"? Maybe I'm overreacting, but to me that sounds offensive. There was no /s included there, no ;) or :p or anything to imply lightheartedness... but I suppose different people derive different meanings from written text. It's just how it sounded to me.

I would defend those comments till the cows come home but I think this has played it's course and it's not worth the time.

Moving right along...

Mod: it’s definitely not worth the time, for all of us, so this is the last post on this subject.

RSF

Last edited by a moderator:
But we may discover in April that they have more factory buildouts in mind, and it would also be darn helpful to go into that with a stronger cash position. (Perhaps especially if the rating agencies are still dragging their feet on upgrades!)
Expanding to 50x their battery capacity is going to require a lot of cash.

Seems the ants managed to mount a successful protest, and stopped at least for a day the planned tree cutting operation at Giga Berlin.

Twitter

EU crap at its finest...
Reinvest the money in GigaHouston. We have lots of ants we WANT dead.

Last edited:
I'm wondering whether the new disclosures about the valuation allowance have changed @The Accountant's estimates about when they are going to make use of it?

Also, in Q4 it grew to $1.956b ...

Well, it's obvious that Tesla intends to claim $151m in VA due to this statement from the 10-K:

"We have net $151 million of deferred tax assets in foreign jurisdictions, which management believes are more-likely-than-not to be fully realized given the expectation of future earnings in these jurisdictions."

Paging @The Accountant

This amount claimed in 2020Q1 could be enough to make Tesla net profitable on a 12-mth rolling average basis, and with a profitable final quarter, TSLA would qualify for admission into the S&P 500.

In the mean time, today's Cap Raise adds pressure on Moody's for another round of Credit Rating upgrades.

Good times!

Cheers

Last edited:
Seems Tesla is Temp hiring for end of this quarter. Is that new? So Q1 demand AND Production appears solid - at least in North America.

"Urgently hiring
Tesla Locations across North America are excited to hire part-time energetic and passionate Seasonal Tesla Advisors!

We have an immediate need for Seasonal Tesla Advisors to support AZ delivery operations from our Scottsdale Service Center located at 8300 E Raintree Drive Scottsdale AZ 85260

Employment Dates: March 2- March 31 (dates may vary)"

Seasonal Tesla Advisor (Temporary) - Scottsdale, AZ 85260 - Indeed.com