Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has there been any speculation regarding how the deliveries of the first Ys will be done? Based on the first M3s from Fremont and the first MIC M3 I am guessing that there will be some sort of delivery event, presumably with 1-2 weeks notice. If they are aiming for early March I would hope that we hear something soon.

I think an announcement should be by the end of next week. Customers should be getting notified at least 2 weeks before delivery dates. Or they could do a delivery event for just employees first. Either way, it will be very exciting when it happens!

It seems like Elon has been strategically spacing out news and events so that short seller attempts at FUD gets ignored or overshadowed. March will be surely have tons of positive coverage of the Model Y!

These Friday predictable pins are like taking candy from a baby. in the last 30 mins of trading, I sold 2 805 calls when it was 801.50 or so and sold 2 795 puts when it was at 796. Free and easy $500. If it had kept dropping (or if it drops again in the next 5 mins), I would have just rolled them into next week.

That sounds like a lot of work for only $500! ;)

continued off topic :

Just Revisited Rush's " New World Man" complete lyrics Elon Musk is the New World Man described in this Rush classic from the early 1980's... others i am sure knew this ... just hit me today:D

New World Man Lyrics | Rush.com

There are a LOT of Tesla Rush fans, which figures...

Related to KarenRei's strategies about selling on the way up and buying on the way down, I'd like to do that with a sold put. I've sold puts before when the stock price was lower. I've got about $30k, which worked to sell 1 put when the stock was $300....I can't do that now, I can't cover the cost of a $600 put if exercised.

Seems like selling puts as a way to set a stock buy price isn't an option (no pun intended) with the stock at the price it's at and my budget. I've heard here about some places letting you buy fractions of a share. Is there an equivalent alternative to buy/sell fractions of a put/call?

You can sell put credit spreads to cap your collateral requirement (and loss). In other words, buy a $770 put, sell a $800 put, both dated for the same expiration. For next week's expiry, your premium collected will probably be roughly $1000-$1500 at those strikes at these current prices. If the puts end up ITM you can either close prior to expiration and eat the loss / roll the spread up and out, or allow the short leg to be assigned and exercise your long leg. I prefer the former since it's less messy.

Take yesterday for example. The stock was down as much as 7% in pre-market. Many of us knew the stock would recover and would have jumped at the opportunity to buy at those levels. Yet only a certain few got to capitalize because by the time the market opened for us, the stock had almost fully recovered. This makes no sense!

When I was new to stock trading I researched a bit and I read that pre and after-market were "mechanisms to allow for an orderly opening of main trading hours", i.e. to set the price at the bell, essentially. But I totally agree with the sentiment, it's granting privileged trading to a minority, who often use the lower volume to try and influence sentiment in their favour.

I am unfamiliar with the details of the convertible debt. I remember reading on this site that Tesla at their option could pay in stock or cash Due to the large spread between the .conversion price and the secondary offering doesn't it make sense for Tesla to use the cash they got at $767 per share vs a conversion per share price of say $360. Doesn't that cut the dilution in half?
Hell they're not even making convertibles yet!

Craig, who's quickly becoming my favorite bumbling bear, sounded really unsure of himself. Stressful time to be a TSLA bear...
He sounded as he had a really hard time believing himself. Oddly Tesla threatens not only legacy car makers, but it also threatens the job security of auto analysts. Kathy Woods is right that the area now requires tech. expertise, a different skill.

Did you notice the 5800 block ask at $800 just like 10 seconds before the closing bell?
I tried to sneak in an order for one at 800,01 just at the bell. It got accepted by my broker but did not go through. We had some hang-up with updating orders from NY to SWE this evening but that is supposed to have been solved. However, an unfinished earlier order locked my available funds, so that could have been another problem.

Anyway, managed to rebuy what I sold yesterday on speculation for Max the Pain, at 805, for a little less. Except for commissions of course. Oh well. Glad I did not sell 100 like I wished I had last night, only 4.

Happy weekend, all!

Btw., "RT" is a Russian outlet, and this report is trying to inflame public opinion by not mentioning key facts, such as that Tesla is planting 3x as many trees, or the wildfire risk of these dense, monoculture pine forests.

The Russian anti-EV disinformation campaign is in full swing in Germany too.

Realized it right after posting. True point that RT has a really bad history by the way also at the US election in 2016. Usually I don't read or listen to them at all.

Being German and watching and listen twice I could not find them manipulating me but maybe they are just smarter than me...