Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model Y deliveries: 4k (completely random guess)

Not sure they'll go beyond just a handful of Model Y deliveries, like at GF3, due to the low margin of early units.

Another problem is battery production, which is still rumored to be around 7k/week, and which must supply the 3, the Y and GF3 as well until GF3 pack production ramps up.

I.e. a conservative approach would be 13x 7k = 91k 3/Y/MIC, plus 10-15k S/X - I.e. 101-106k production and 90-95k deliveries.

Anecdotal data point: Tesla insurance

Tossed another coin to my witcher last night and purchased a Tesla insurance policy for our Model X. The price was $20/mo less than the quote I received from my existing insurance agent, despite the latter quote pricing in loyalty, multi-car, and multi-line discounts. I'll lose out on the savings by losing the multi-car discount on our other vehicle, but I'd much rather kick the policy premium to Tesla than State Farm.

Since I haven't seen any quotes for Model X coverage elsewhere I thought people may be interested to know the premium cost (without going into too many details): ~$120/mo.

EDIT: Oh, I also forgot to add that the comp/collision deductibles for the Tesla policy are $100/$100 as opposed to $500/$500 as quoted from State Farm. So even better than a straight apples-to-apples comparison.

Probably isn't the right forum for this Q, but who do you call when you need to make a claim?

This reminds me of a rumor posted a year ago by venerable member (who rated your post) that Tesla was going to provide the drivetrain for a pickup from one of the U.S big 3.

Ahem, whatever happened to that?

Maybe @KarenRei can share with us whether she still trusts her source that leaked this - or have events in the past ~1 year discredited that information?

This reminds me of a rumor posted a year ago by venerable member (who rated your post) that Tesla was going to provide the drivetrain for a pickup from one of the U.S big 3.

Ahem, whatever happened to that?
Rivian will be supplying skateboards to ford right? That seems a plausible source of such a rumor. Just got the supplier wrong.

Giga Ohio.

Slogan is "the heart of it all"
Kansas is in the middle, not Ohio. ;) But it can't be Kansas because I'd be tempted to try to work for Tesla and it would be hard and I wouldn't be able to stare at the stock ticker anymore.

They were doing two things here:
  • One-sided presentation, they intentionally omitted the following key facts:
  • In Germany the cutting down of trees is inflammatory - and the report went to great lengths showing it all from all angles.
Just read the YouTube comments: they are all enraged ... at Tesla. Mission accomplished. ;)

Btw., another less known area of influence where the Russians are operating is through the German far-right Afd, which, as it happens, is also virulently anti-EV and some of their members already demonstrated against Giga Berlin.

RT's German language programming in particular is often regurgitating Afd talking points, trying to fake the role of "independent" media free of the leftist and liberal influence that all of the German media is supposedly controlled by. It's not NRA-TV style pure agitprop that is easy to identify, it's a highly efficient operation masked as professional reporting, which poisons 95% accurate reporting with 5% disinformation that does the real intended damage. Fox News on steroids.

I.e. they are using subtle and sometimes not so subtle "divide and conquer" tactics - a bit like how the Russians helped amplify the Leave campaign in the UK, which helped Boris Johnson hand a great victory to Mother Russia. :D

So what can we do to fight the FUD? It took Tesla years to overcome the narrative here. I don't want to see giga Berlin derailed because of ignorance of the protestors.

[Comment about hard work to make $500] True. I had to click my mouse about 20 times while eating lunch!

THIS is the reason I keep reading this thread. Hilarious! Don't ever change "Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019-2020 Investors' Roundtable" thread. Don't ever change.

Really like the young CNBC guy, he asks good questions and listens, kind of spoilt it when the old guy with the wig showed up at the end...

And Pennywise - love that he said Tesla raising capital now is a sign that it's all over, the growth is finished, the demand is gone, R&D going up, then thirty seconds later he praises Zack for doing the raise and said "the best time to raise capital is when you can".

So, yeah, well...

Loving the battle today, especially as I have some skin in the game with that $805 call - adds a bit of spice to it all :)

that young guy use to bash Tesla every second he gets, and likely got promoted for doing just that. With the stock at $800, he would look a bit idiotic to continue his bashing.

Having a conversation with an employee of Jervis B. Webb Company. They are a leading provider of material handling systems. Been to Fremont? You've seen their smart carts, and also moving product on the assembly line.

They been asked to quote on work "within battery plants" in California, Nevada, China and Germany.

Sounds like Tesla is really preparing to gear up.

Battery Day cannot come soon enough!

This may not be as interesting as it seems. Tesla DOES manufacture batteries in all these locations (or will in Germany), just not the cells as far as we are aware. People often use batteries and cells interchangeably, but they are quite different. So calling these factories "battery plants" to a supplier that makes product handling equipment that can move entire batteries around (800 pounds) on autonomous guided vehicles (which is one thing that supplier makes) isn't unusual, and doesn't mean anything new.