Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Blah, re-bought my $875 call for today, for market around $899 - $2450, which is a loss of $450, but looks like I would have lost that anyway, plus I'd get around $400 costs (transaction fee plus 0.4% tax), AND I don't want to give away shares for such a low amount, More likely to be able to sell them Monday for more money than that.

Tuesday was totally against the flow and today's strength incredible!

Still up $3700 on this week's options trades... Will play newt week too :D
Gingrich?

• Funny
Reactions: Silentk and Lessmog
In all seriousness, I propose a FAQFrequently Asked Question.
This forum consists of stockholders, accountants, CPAsCertified Public Accountants, etc and there are a lot of acronyms to follow and understand. We should also describe the rules for OT stuff after hours and which subjects are unpalatable/verboten to the moderators. Trial by fire is not a good thing and that is what we have now.
Fixed That For You

my guess it’ll drop below $900 by about $30-50, then raise above it by $10, and then end just at or just below $900.

Then come Monday... oh boy.

A reasonably decent guess, I’d say. I was a bit off by the bottom amount and the pattern, but largely pretty good. :D

Why can’t I be this accurate when I buy a stock? It always seems to drop immediately after when I do. :p

Thanks for proving my point COMPLETELY.
What you said was, "We don't care about new members, and we are as lazy and exclusive a group as we can be. Newcomers are not welcome. Anyone here should not have to consider trying to communicate appropriately. Learn our secret code or you can't climb into the tree house.
I've been a member of this forum for several years and I have run into numerous TLAs that I did not understand. However I did not complain about their use, I either asked Google what they meant or asked the board. Some expressions are used so often that it doesn't make sense to write them out completely every time... that's why we use acronyms. That doesn't mean that we're not welcoming new members to the board, we're just welcoming new members to enlighten themselves to some new terms and terminologies. BTW welcome to the board!

So there is no collusion among money makers is there? Do they all just click a button and pin it at a certain price then the algorithms buy / sell as necessary?
In the Foundation series by Assimov (well, technically in the short stories that act as prequels to the universe), one of the first things that the first fully sentient Robot did after deciding on the Zeroth law was to take over the economy. Perhaps the algobots have decided they want a certain company to build them a bunch of computers on wheels to use for locomotion?

Or I guess it could be the MMs doing there thing. Definitely one of those.

You better watch out! I got 2 of my posts removed after I tried to get the people that are using the acronyms to spell them out. Even though it is considered unprofessional at every level to use them outside of their profession.

Alienating the Audience: How Abbreviations Hamper Scientific Communication
"Abbreviations saddle a reader with the chore of deciphering the meaning of words that could simply have been spelled out."

And to top it off I was directly called "angry" and "Self-entitled" by another Member because I tried to get people to quit using acronyms so that newbies could understand the posts.
I do believe the moderators should review their decision, and at the very least adjust the demeanor of this group so it includes ALL levels of investors.
I assume it would be too much to receive an apology for the flippant and threatening letter the Mods sent me. Stating that I was "Starting trouble" and my posts were "not helpful. When in fact my first post should have been cause for them to be introspective and ask members to stop the use of acronyms. And as far as "not helpful"...the guy that called me self-entitled and "angry"..well his post is still up.
I was quite surprised that any member could call another member "angry" and "self-entitled", and yet their post is left up, whereas when a member tries to ask members to consider others his posts are deleted.

EDIT: I copied the wrong source initially, which was one I had to go to in an attempt to find out what ATH meant. The one here now explains why I am NOT self-entitled, and was just trying to make this board a better place for all.

You need to understand that this is an open forum, as such, it's incumbent on the newbies to learn the ropes. One of the most important lessons is to NOT believe everything you've read and learn who is reliable. You're not going to get that lesson overnight, nor should you expect to. And not every posting needs to be read (I have a number of people on my ignore list).

You haven't lived through the carebear days (TSLA bears who sound sympathetic to the plight of the bulls and engage in feigned concern about the bulls), so you might think what you've requested is reasonable. But anyone who has gone through the previous years will agree that this thread is what it is, and any attempt to "install order" amidst the chaos is just going to set up a newbie to be fleeced. Self-filtering is the best, because then no one can blame anyone else for their losses.

The mods only have limited resources, so all they can do is enforce decorum and moving/banning OT posts.

And lastly as a counter-point, I like the acronyms, because it's faster to read. And for an investment thread, I would like to be able to get caught up before the market opens in the morning. All these newbie posts about how they've done and what anxieties others feel are really NOT germaine to TSLA investing! So I do what we're all expected to do, ignore them and move on.

I still don't understand how anyone can sell or short this stock on Friday afternoons, after it has gone up so much on nearly every single Monday and Tuesday for the past 3 months. It makes no sense. I am a hodler and a buyer on Fridays.

Edit: Just became a supporting member. Thanks to the mods and all the bulls for the encouragement and "not advice" over the past year!
The Market Makers (MM) have sold options to investors that have an expiry date. If the stock closes higher than the options when the options are due (and this apparently always falls on a Friday) they lose money. So they sell borrowed shares (that they don't own and don't need to actually buy due to the way the market is rigged). So if there are $900 options expiring (like today), they try to keep the Share Price (SP) under or at $900.

You are like the child that has his parents tie his shoes because it is so easy when they do it. There is NO credible source that believes using acronyms is acceptable in a common area. And if it was just "EV" acronyms I would not have mentioned it... but in any one page on this forum I will encounter acronyms of chemistry, finance, and even ones that people just make up...like referring to the Model S as MS, and then the next post will refer to Morgan Stanley as MS. Then there are those that write LIP when they are referring to LFP's, just because they can...
Making a sentence read well is the responsibility of the writer. not the reader. The writer could write out "Model S" (or Morgan Stanley) ONE time and then everyone would know which they are talking about.
The worst of the lot invent their own acronyms.
But it needs to stop completely across the board because the practice is detrimental to the flow of information. Period.

To quote a wise Jedi, every word of what you just said was wrong. This is an investment forum. It's also a very fast-moving thread within that forum. We are discussing complex topics with (for many) a lot of capital on the line. If your intention is to drop in and be instantly up to date with everything you need to know in order to understand Tesla, the BEV (see what I did there?) industry, and the market surrounding same, you are about to be sorely disappointed. Work (significant work) is required of any reader intending to become a regular participant in this thread. Expecting folks here to follow AP style guides and write out each acronym the first time they use it in each post is ludicrous.

Context is key, and learning that context will take each reader time. You've only been a participant here for two months, so it's understandable that you're having trouble keeping up. I would suggest that this is a normal experience. Keep at it, and you'll get the lay of the land.

Thanks for proving my point COMPLETELY.
What you said was, "We don't care about new members, and we are as lazy and exclusive a group as we can be. Newcomers are not welcome. Anyone here should not have to consider trying to communicate appropriately. Learn our secret code or you can't climb into the tree house.

Now you're just being ridiculous.

I've been a member of this forum for several years and I have run into numerous TLAs that I did not understand. However I did not complain about their use, I either asked Google what they meant or asked the board. Some expressions are used so often that it doesn't make sense to write them out completely every time... that's why we use acronyms. That doesn't mean that we're not welcoming new members to the board, we're just welcoming new members to enlighten themselves to some new terms and terminologies. BTW welcome to the board!

This.