Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The problem at the moment is only the bull side is making coherent sense, we are not getting both sides of the argument... even when you are winning you need to apply commonsense and manage risk...
I don't see the problem. The reason the bear side is incoherent is because THERE IS NO GOOD BEAR CASE.

At what stock price do you think Tesla will start giving out dividends? $10,000?

I don't think it is a matter of stock price more consistent profits,,, and a fully saturated market....

Fully saturated is when EVs are 95% of the new car market... once we get to that point rapid expansion is over...

Before we even get there the pace of growth may slow.....

I think dividends as soon as it seems to make sense are a great idea.. but not if it slows expansion...

The market setting the share price is a bit independent of expansion and hence dividends...

Reactions: Carl Raymond
Reactions: Tslynk67 and JustMe
You hand out dividends when your growth story is dead.

Yes. I will feel bad if I have to sell a share before the end of the growth phase, because it means forfeiting share price gains. So I will hold till dividends arrive.

When dividends arrive, I won’t need to sell. I can live out my days on the dividend.

Yes. I will feel bad if I have to sell a share before the end of the growth phase, because it means forfeiting share price gains. So I will hold till dividends arrive.

When dividends arrive, I won’t need to sell. I can live out my days on the dividend.
I keep thinking of selling some AAPL shares but the dividend is nice and the share price keeps going up. I don't expect dividends from TSLA for a long time. Maybe after it hits $5000 in 5 years and Elon runs out of new product ideas. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Highway2Heel

The early dividends will bring the last bit of the remaining share price rise...

A lot of wealth is simply built on reinvesting dividends,,,, I know of once such case .. a multi-generational family trust built on research and reinvesting dividends.... to say it is wildly successful is an understatement...

So...at what point does Tesla get a “please-save-society-from-climate-change” premium multiple on its valuation?
When the first Eurozone/Carbon Credits cheque from FCA clears the bank. FIAT payments are going to pay for GF4 Berlin. All those Euro-made Model Ys for sale starting in 2021H2? Premium multiple... :D

Cheers!

According to Mondays print version of the German newspaper Handelsblatt:

The reason for the production stop of Audi's E-Tron seems to be missing supply of batteries from LG chem. This information is based on some company insiders. Furthermore, it was indicated that Audi only has batteries secured for 40k units this year while planning to produce 80k units. Apparently, Audi tries to also get batteries from Samsung now.

Tomorrow I'll be breaking the golden rule that you should never borrow to invest! ;)

As I have no spare capital to buy additional stock at present, just for fun, and as an experiment I've decided to borrow £10,000 @ 3.1% for 5 years to invest in additional TSLA shares.

Repayments on the loan will be £179.94 pm. So a total cost to me of £10,796.37. This is easily affordable from regular income and will have no noticeable effect on my lifestyle. I do not advise anyone to do this, and you should never invest anything you can't afford to lose.

I'll be buying additional TSLA shares as of tomorrow, holding them in a UK ISA, (which is free of all tax), for at least the next 3 years and will periodically update on how I'm doing with this tranche of shares and whether or not it was a bad idea, lol!!

Last edited:

wolfe research with rob maruer
At one point (sorry, didn’t note the time stamp) Galves discussed EU emissions penalties. He mentioned each Super-Credit ZEV being worth about €18,000 in penalty reduction. That’s very close to the number we have been using for the past few months.

The context was that if EU automakers had some ZEVs to offer, they could sell them at s loss and potentially undercut Tesla sales.

Last edited: