Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
April is going to be absolutely massive. I suspect what they announce at battery day is going to absolutely blow everyone's minds.

Let that spring coil up. :D I'm hoping, like we all are, for a positive stock price reaction. I'm with those who think this will be much better received (and understood) by the market compared to autonomy day.

April is going to be absolutely massive. I suspect what they announce at battery day is going to absolutely blow everyone's minds.
We don't know that battery day will be in April. Elon said it will be but he also said it would be held last summer which was postponed to Jan/Feb then again to April. Elon has a habit of postponing reveals as we all know. I look forward to it as much as anyone but have the suspicion the date will slip again.

Let that spring coil up. :D I'm hoping, like we all are, for a positive stock price reaction. I'm with those who think this will be much better received (and understood) by the market compared to autonomy day.

I agree. Autonomy day was about aspirations, we hope to have this in the future. I expect battery day to be about results, look at what we have accomplished.

We don't know that battery day will be in April. Elon said it will be but he also said it would be held last summer which was postponed to Jan/Feb then again to April. Elon has a habit of postponing reveals as we all know. I look forward to it as much as anyone but have the suspicion the date will slip again.
We need an "agree" button. I neither like nor dislike this conclusion, it simply is what it is.

But I think Elon has enough news this time to actually meet the April timeframe. However this could postpone it if it isn't ready (from Electrek article above):
Electrek said:
One source told Electrek that CEO Elon Musk is pushing to have one of those new battery packs with the new Tesla-made battery cells ready to install in a Model S or Model X for the “Battery Investor Day” in April.

Last edited:
I've been wondering for a while why our Spain/Netherlands/Norway (near) real time registrations' tracker is not going up even after the first Q1 shipments have reached Europe. Looks like we have the reason: Germany. The Twitter user @RocksTesla posted these pictures from a German delivery center in Neuss, just outside of Düsseldorf. Sales have been picking up since the Model 3 launch, but I still feel like the 10k delivered in the country last year is still way below the potential there. These pictures most certainly look like a boost in German deliveries to me. @avoigt any thoughts on this?
ERp6GncXYAEkCwc

ERp6GrAWsAEM5ZY

The current demand and deliveries are way below in Germany where I believe they should be given how superior the car is.

A reason why you have not seen more cars picking ups is the bafa incentive chatter that started in autumn and ended a week or so ago when the 50% incentive increase has been confirmed. Until that point in time people did hold back their purchase as its €2k (no tax relief) incremental cash which is good money to have for most.

IOW I am not surprised that the allocation from Tesla is now larger and we may see numbers go up from here.

Tesla did in a smart way in the past allocate delivery where requirements are for instance when you had incentives reduced and now increased here in Germany.

While the well done FUD work did take its toll on most Germans which are in average compared to other Europeans horribly bad informed and full of wrong information about BEVs and Tesla this will only change if your neighbor has one who takes you for a test drive and you realize this is not just a different drive train but next level and something no German car manufacturer can offer.

For this to drip through it takes time. Patience is required but I am convince we will get there.

TBH, I expect the ID.3 to be delayed and just a few premium vehicles to be delivered in summer but in any case people will more seriously look into BEVs and numbers for Tesla should go up from here regardless.

Nice pics and clearly a massive amount I have only seen right at start a year ago when pent up demand was about to be satisfied.

Last edited:
Union of Concerned Scientists:

Ride-Hailing's Climate Risks

Our analysis shows that ride-hailing trips today result in an estimated 69 percent more climate pollution on average than the trips they displace.

Fortunately, the industry can implement several strategies to address the negative impacts of ride-hailing and contribute to a low-carbon transportation future. It must move rapidly to electrify vehicles, increase pooled trips, and complement mass transit.

Source: Ride-Hailing's Climate Risks

The $100 per kWh does not sound like a huge improvement. Many are assuming Tesla is already at or even under $100. Or is that at the cell level and is this at the pack level?
This is a poorly written blog with an attention seeking headline. The "$100 per KWh" figure does not come from Tesla (he leds with this quote, but its unattributed and set as the 'holy grail' for BEV competitiveness vs. ICE.

Nor is it 'news'. It's redFay buries the led, which was the only news in the entire article, the project name: "Road-Runner". Every single other thing in the entire blog post is either a rehash of his older posts, or clips from other 'social media' like LinkedIn.

The only graphic shown is a rehash of a previous Maxwell slide presented without source or attribution.

Again, redFAy shows he is a click-seeking, do-little-but-posture-alot blogger. Don't give him the time.

This article underdelivers on its Headline.

And now it’s not. We can do this until 8pm if you want. AH action is not relevant to my previous post about momentum...

If AH was not relevant, then you confused many of us when you initially replied to:
The slide continues in after hours trading.
with
This is just how TSLA is. It builds momentum either up or down and it’s hard to reverse it. Going to need some news or an event to stop the downward trend now.