Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I assume that the new Track mode (the software part) is being offered to the P3D only, to set it apart from the non-P variants.

But is there anything technical that prevents it from working on a LR AWD - like mine, that has the Acceleration Boost? :)
I don't think there is any technical reason why they wouldn't but perhaps for the marketing angle they will.

I don't think they'll ever offer Track mode on their non-performance cars. However I wonder if they'll give M3P owners an OTA update to include this Track Mode V2 even if they don't order the Track Pack. I am praying they do! For one (of many) thing, it allows you to turn the car into pure RWD ... how awesome is that on its own :D
I'd be very surprised (and annoyed) if they didn't give it to existing 3P owners.

Last edited:
@Right_Said_Fred should have traded his shares a few more times. We could have swept western Europe.

Remember when people were swing trading between 250 and 370? You could make a lot of money in a few weeks’ or months’ time. Those were the days.

Now we have those swings in one day!! It’s crazy. If you can time the market you can make millions. But many of us can’t time the market. I for sure can’t. So best not to.

My fear level is through the roof, checked the indicator and seems about right.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200303-235441.jpg
    Screenshot_20200303-235441.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 84
Just noticed that the majority of the inventory Model 3s new Philly on the Tesla site have miles on them (300, 2000, etc.) and a number of them come from mall locations... it looks to me like they are listing a bunch of showroom/test drive cars. I wonder why. I would have thought there was still time for new cars to be delivered to the East coast this month, so I wouldn't have thought they needed to list showroom cars just to have something to sell. We're not aware of any Model 3 upgrades that would make them want to replace the showroom models with newer ones, right? Just to clear out space for some Model Ys in the showrooms, perhaps?
In December they liquidated most test drive cars. And sales staff moved over to work in delivery centers for the quarter end rush. Since I am totally unable to think on first principle base using analogous thinking I have concluded that the exact same thing is going on now.

• Funny
  • Informative
Reactions: Yonki and madodel
I assume that the new Track mode (the software part) is being offered to the P3D only, to set it apart from the non-P variants.

But is there anything technical that prevents it from working on a LR AWD - like mine, that has the Acceleration Boost? :)

The desire for product differentiation would be the main reason. And that Tesla would have to develop a special version of the software to work seamlessly on non-Performance models. The differences would be minor but I don't think Tesla will spend the effort (for reason #1, product differentiation).

Reactions: lklundin and JRP3
Problem is that includes Wuhan where it was first discovered and where there were initial problems, Iran, South Korea, Washington State, and others which are either vastly underreported for cases or are composed of highly vulnerable age groups, special circumstances, or a combination. Another CNBC FUD story. Unless you have the correct denominator, you won't get the correct percentage.

Last edited:
I know off-topic, but since I posted about it last week, closing the loop.

Creaky Model 3 control arm replaced.
Loaner Model S for the night.
HW3 installed.

Totally painless and efficient service experience. Not a single wasted movement. Took less time to drop off my car, get a loaner, and pick up after they were done than filling a tank of gas. Ok, slight exaggeration, but very comparable...maybe 10 minutes both times.

I was a little nervous because the SC seemed slammed at drop off yesterday, but it’s running like a well-oiled machine.

Super impressed.

Any ideas why we are dropping a lot AH? o_O Down from 744 to 731 now. Opposite of yesterday’s movement.

The macros are also being pushed down in after-hours, although TSLA far more. I see no fresh Tesla news. Margin calls due to last week's drop may have started to be enforced. Robinhood experienced another extended outage this morning, and the firm may just now be getting around to enforcing margin calls sent out last week. Or frustrated Robinhood clients may be liquidating and closing their accounts. Let's keep in mind that after-hours trading volume as usual is quite thin, and while the aforementioned possibilities may seem to be relatively minor concerns, during after-hours they can dominate.

Last edited:
Problem is that includes Wuhan where it was first discovered and where there were initial problems, Iran, South Korea, Washington State, and others which are either vastly underreported for cases or are composed of highly vulnerable age groups, special circumstances, or a combination. Another CNBC FUD story. Unless you have the correct denominator, you won't get the correct percentage.

Nobody got the right numbers. We either completely believe the dictator's numbers or we can completely believe the leakers numbers. The leaked numbers for wuhan has the death number 6x higher and infected at 10x. I don't know which claim is more wild, but the leaked number should result in a smaller CFR.