Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cmon guys, this must have been the most sarcastic thing I've ever posted in my 11 years as a member on this forum! lol. (Not to mention that I posted it when TSLA was down 0.04%!) Was Debbie Downer not a big giveaway? :p I mean, I didn't even think the /s was needed, but maybe I should be more careful in the future? hehe.
View attachment 517861

I immediately sensed the sarcasm.

Lighten up Francis(es)!

Giga Berlin is continuing, today first parts of what I believe will be a cable excavator arrived:
Tobias Lindh on Twitter

View attachment 517871

Could look something like this when complete:
HS 8040.1

liebherr-HS-8040-1-duty-cycle-crawler-crane-seilbagger-rendering-dragline.jpg

Snort

snort_3.jpg

Wait times for all 3 Tesla vehicles down to 2-4 weeks. That’s a big change from just a few weeks ago....IIRC, the 3 was at 6-8 weeks. There are quite a few new inventory vehicles available as well.

Of course there are several possible explanations, however I’m preparing myself for lower-than-expected deliveries for Q1. NOT an advice

If more people are HODLing and never (..) sell, the float gets smaller.
That would make it easier, because less shares needed, to influence SP.
So, if almost all shareholders dont trade, just hold, it takes just a few shareholders to move
SP down, thereby creating losses (OK, on paper) for those who hold.

What am I missing here?
StealthPD?

It doesn't really work that way. The share price is determined by the balance of buyers and sellers, not how many people are holding shares tight. That can only create upward price pressure. Because (presumably) those shares would only become available at a higher price.

But I'm not sure what you are getting at here.

Wait times for all 3 Tesla vehicles down to 2-4 weeks. That’s a big change from just a few weeks ago....IIRC, the 3 was at 6-8 weeks. There are quite a few new inventory vehicles available as well.

Of course there are several possible explanations, however I’m preparing myself for lower-than-expected deliveries for Q1. NOT an advice
Still 5-8 weeks in Canada. Could be change in delivery priority.

Maybe you haven't been paying attention but it's normal for wait times to decrease in the US at the end of the quarter. It's what management has termed "the wave". Domestic deliveries are filled at the end of the quarter with cars fresh off the production lines. The longer wait times earlier in the quarter are due to earlier production being slated for ships (so they too can be delivered overseas by the end of the quarter).

Make sense?

Last edited:
Any chance this relatively sucky TSLA stock today is due to the upcoming GM EV day? I dont expect them to achieve much, or even promise much, but maybe enough people have bought into the 'COMPETITION IS COMING' hype for it to make people at least delay a TSLA buy until they see what GM have?
For some reason I have David Byrne singing "Tesla killer, qu'est-ce que c'est, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha..." running through my mind.