Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Calm yourselves. We're in a seaworthy vessel riding out the storm. Some sea sick dogs have abandoned ship to their peril. We have a good captain at the helm. We have a core base of mates that have the constitution to steady the course. The main sails and all her riggings are intact. We are on course but have to acknowledge that there is some sickness among us. It will pass as a bad gale that that has pelted us with salty sea spray and a scant few mates may unfortunately succumb to it. Nothing us swashbucklers haven't dealt with before. We continue to right ourselves upon this heaving deck as we know this is what it takes and is expected of us to successfully complete our journey. Cheers to my mates as we stand arm in arm weathering this cold and mighty storm! Stay the course and you most certainly will be richly rewarded...
Assuredly. Read. Crimson.

It is amazing how easily the stock can be manipulated by a downgrade(500 to 480 lol).

Guidance for 2020 will probably be more important than Q1 delivery numbers. No matter what the delivery numbers are MS and UBS will put a negative spin on it. Do you guys feel like a potential downside to delivery numbers is already factored in?

• Helpful
Reactions: Snerruc
Well that was embarrassing for NASDAQ and the SEC. Shorts dropped the SP $20 in 60 sec during the 13:07 min while macros were rising and the "Uptick Rule" is in effect, prohibiting naked short selling by Market Makers.

#SEC #WHATAJOKE

The FINRA Short Selling Volume Report for Mar 12, 2020 is out. As I suspected, the proportion of "Short Exempt Volume" today was again significantly higher than usual (ranking in the 154 Percentile). This has been the case each of the previous 6 days with SEC's "Uptick Rule" in effect during Feb/Mar 2020, and indicates clearly that the SEC's Rule 201 "Market Maker's Exemption for Naked Short Selling" is being abused in wholesale lots:

DailyShortSaleVolume.2020-03-12.png

Something smells rotten in New Amsterdam... Tomorrow, Friday, March 13, 2020, the "Uptick Rule" will be in effect again for TSLA. Isn't it reasonable for Investors to expect promised protection from the US Securities Exchange Commission against illegal short selling by Market Makers?

SEC #DOYOURJOB

Some of you may remember that I sold some of my TSLA stock a few weeks ago. First time I've sold any. I have felt dirty ever since and am looking to buy those shares back and then some. I feel much more relaxed when I hold the shares than when I don't. I did have some projects in mind with the money, but they aren't essential.

Even thought it was only a small portion of my holdings, I've felt unsettled since. I'm sure for seasoned traders these sort of feelings are par for the course. But for most I think the advice to HODL is invaluable.

Some of you may remember that I sold some of my TSLA stock a few weeks ago. First time I've sold any. I have felt dirty ever since and am looking to buy those shares back and then some. I feel much more relaxed when I hold the shares than when I'm nervously wondering when to buy those stock back. Even thought it was only a small portion of my holdings, I've felt unsettled since. I'm sure for seasoned traders these sort of feelings are par for the course. But for most I think the advice to HODL is invaluable.
Ha. No, I'm the same way. I had peeled off about 30% of my core holdings when we started into the mid 600s. I was WAY more anxious then despite the fact that I was technically lowering my risk.

Tesla reportedly sends employees back to US from Germany ahead of Trump travel ban

Tesla reportedly rushed to send dozens of its employees back to the U.S. from Germany on Thursday after President Donald Trump announced a ban on foreign travelers to the United States from much of Europe for the next 30 days.

I wish POTUS cared about us as much as Elon cares about his people.

It is amazing how easily the stock can be manipulated by a downgrade(500 to 480 lol).

Guidance for 2020 will probably be more important than Q1 delivery numbers. No matter what the delivery numbers are MS and UBS will put a negative spin on it. Do you guys feel like a potential downside to delivery numbers is already factored in?

I think delivery number are going surprise expectations to the upside. And those are expectations that pre-dated Coronavirus.

A negative spin doesn't change the results. People can see through the expected spin.

• Love
Reactions: rsm287 and Evoforce