Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please provide a shot summary of a video. Jack talks slowly!!!
Uncle Jack says he's a buyer at these prices. Here's the transcript from Youtube:

(61:38)

"But it's certainly affecting the stock market everybody's in a panic and I can't believe how far and how fast it has fallen. It's not over keep your powder dry as you can see even though I can't resist it and after buying a little bit.

"90% of my holdings in this account is entirely in cash and will be for some time but Apple Amazon Tesla at these levels I can't help myself I have to have a little they're just too big of bargains but realistically I expect them to go down further before they come back up and it make me look like a genius one more time

"Could be wrong maybe today was the bottom I doubt itanyway that's my stock market advice for March 12th 2020 and that's where we're at we'll see how I do with that stay with us"​

Cheers!

If we have recession can Tesla go unscratched ?, some possibilities as Model Y will be sold to reservations holder, China recovery is on its way, they could start serving new unserved market, 100000 plus capacity is still very low numbers for total vehicle sold even during recession but on a other end if economy activities stay muted worldwide due to virus situation Tesla may see slight slow down but much better shape then ICE guys who need to idle capacity on multiple plant worldwide.

If you still think that Italy is in this position because we kiss on the cheeks (which is both true and not as widespread as you think) knock yourself out.
China and South Korea have very different behaviors but the virus did spread nonetheless.

I happen to have both lived and worked for years with both Italians and US Americans. One difference is that Italians have much better (hand) hygiene and will for example typically insist on washing their hands before any meal, be it at home, as a guest somewhere or as patrons in a restaurant. On the other hand, among 50 visited countries only in Nepal, Tanzania and Morocco did I suffer food poisoning as often as during the couple of years I lived (and ate out as frequently as everybody else) in the USA.

So for all its qualities, I am not very optimistic about how well the USA will fare with COVID-19.

Anyone writing puts in lieu of holding shares?
As a conservative alternative to buying more shares, yes. But only as a way of supplementing our share holdings.

In the past, I've tried selling shares and then selling a corresponding number of puts, sometimes as a result of having covered calls get exercised. It can work, but if the share price rises quickly, you might find it tough to catch it with puts. I've become very, very reluctant to sell shares and/or write covered calls on high conviction companies, Tesla being number one. My intention is to wait until the share price hits $1500 before trimming our TSLA position at all.

Bought a call before he was late...

So let me get this right, everyone's waiting for a guy to say something about which he knows nothing about, but claims to be the world's leading expert. What he says will be a pack lies (he knows it, we know it, everyone knows it) and it will be an attempt to improve a situation that is already out of hand, against which there's likely little or no recourse other than some time delay and letting natural selection do its job, but the actual reason for it is to try and prop-up the markets and the 1%, because that's all the US administration seem to care about.

And he's late...

Something terribly wrong in this world, eh?

So let me get this right, everyone's waiting for a guy to say something about which he knows nothing about, but claims to be the world's leading expert. What he says will be a pack lies (he knows it, we know it, everyone knows it) and it will be an attempt to improve a situation that is already out of hand, against which there's likely little or no recourse other than some time delay and letting natural selection do its job, but the actual reason for it is to try and prop-up the markets and the 1%, because that's all the US administration seem to care about.

And he's late...

Something terribly wrong in this world, eh?

Don't you know he has a dual PhD in Virology and Epidemiology from Trump Univ?
People ask him why he ran for president instead of continuing his science career.

Wow! I wish this would happen here. If wishes were horses....

upload_2020-3-13_12-43-19.png
upload_2020-3-13_12-43-19.jpeg

This is a favor to his friends to get out of equities before the weekend. The last two weekends heading into Monday have been hellish to say the least.

What the hell is that chart? "No Symptoms" is obviously a fracking No, lady Obvious.

WTF is this? Americans are panicking and this conference right now sounds like something you hear from NK. "Thank you Mr. President for having such a huge d...k...thank you thank you, you are the best thank you".