Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some gorgeous Model Y photos popping up in the forums here. Orders are going to be through the roof once delivery photos start flooding social media:

img_20200313_121502-jpg.521323
I like the Y better every time I see one!

Some gorgeous Model Y photos popping up in the forums here. Orders are going to be through the roof once delivery photos start flooding social media:

img_20200313_121502-jpg.521323

Looks nice.
Still unsure whether to swap the S for a baby X since we already have an X.
Pro: hatchback, new tech, faster charging
Con: slower than the Lud S, less room (supposedly), no HEPA or auto doors

Finally, looks like US is getting their act together. Partial summary:
- Faster test results between 24-36 hours. I believe currently is between 2-4 days
- Google helps develop Web site for drive thru testing requests
- Drive thru testing in open parking lots, such as on Walmart premises
- Partnership with Roche, and other labs and in-house testing services for remote areas

I think there are more that I did not catch them all ...

I still cannot believe we trailed major indices by 12%, no news whatsoever. I was worried somebody knew something but this was manipulation and maybe some fear that the lower oil prices will affect renewable energy companies. People don't realize Tesla is so much more than that.

Just got back to TMC this evening, and this was my first question: what's up with Tesla's terrible performance today? I don't get it. And it's not broader auto sector, either.

I still cannot believe we trailed major indices by 12%, no news whatsoever. I was worried somebody knew something but this was manipulation and maybe some fear that the lower oil prices will affect renewable energy companies. People don't realize Tesla is so much more than that.

You're right...

upload_2020-3-13_13-10-38.png

No news at all......

Just got back to TMC this evening, and this was my first question: what's up with Tesla's terrible performance today? I don't get it. And it's not broader auto sector, either.

I think it is due to the rumor of COVD cases at the Fremont factory and the recognition of the possibility Fremont will need to temporarily close. Also concern over possible supply disruptions if other manufacturers need to halt operations temporarily.

Correct, each of the dozen stocks in my anti-auto-portfolio is green today, while Tesla is in the red...

PS. Since I opened it, the value of my anti-auto-portfolio has dropped 26% (i.e. I owe that much less), while the Tesla shares I bought for the proceeds have dropped by 22%...

Last edited:
Is the number of expiring options tomorrow meaningful enough to matter for Max Pain? Trying to think if 550 could be a magnet for tomorrow closing price.
Though, I have a feeling someone is using the context to slowly pull down TSLA more than that.

No, there is no manipulation. And I have just been infused with clairvoyance on the stock market.

In my view, next week should have been the worst (and it will be certainly in Europe for the virus). But I am getting more optimistic we have touched the bottom for the short term. Also @anthonyj noted 500 was the bottom. So that's it.

No, there is no manipulation. And I have just been infused with clairvoyance on the stock market.

In my view, next week should have been the worst (and it will be certainly in Europe for the virus). But I am getting more optimistic we have touched the bottom for the short term. Also @anthonyj noted 500 was the bottom. So that's it.

I agree on the first part, but yeah next week if she goes below $500, that should be "it".

• Informative
Reactions: DrMazeppa