Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I get why people would want to cash out at the highs when the future looks bleak. Really.,,.i do. I just wish no one did. Because if we all cashed out for fears like this, we’d all really be in a world of hurt even more so than we are.

Amazingly, the Dow is only about 20% off the recent high. During the recession, the bottom was 50% off the high.

Last week, we were at about 600 confirmed cases.
Today, we are over 3,000.
The models show we will be over 20,000 next week.

This is only going to get worse.

A lot of the closures announced are still voluntary recommendations. And what’s with some cities just banning gatherings over 500? A half-hearted attempt if IMO. We’re eventually going to need forced closures and quarantines. Might as well do it now instead of waiting for the inevitable.

80% of that company is owner by Hopp a former founder of SAP and now billionaire. The German Government interfered too when the news broke and this is now off the table. Its credible and correct.

Germany has zero problems to support the US once a vaccine is found but what was written is that the US Government wanted to produce only and first of all for the US (America first)

I believe sometimes in life your former statements catch you.
There are lot to understand in the entire thing. There are quite a few US pharmaceutical firms that are working on the vaccine, and the progresses seem very promising. May be HOPP's research is advancing a lot further?

Last edited:
Futures will start trading in a a hour or so...I will predict ES/SPX will open up 100 in futures trading...mkt will gap up hard imho....tsla will have a good day....watch SPX 2950-3000 level....if this is a technical bounce within a bear mkt, then mkts should reject prices right around here...Naz level is approx 8400...if mkt's accept prices above these levels then we may very well be onto something...let the mkt's tell you how to behave...I said I was buying and took a 25-30% position on longside on thursday/friday....we held the Naz 7300-7400 I have been preaching about for past one week...but we barely held technically despite the breach to 7200....we are not out of this by any means, but there is hope...if we cannot hold fridays intraday lows, then it will be ugly and you guys know what to do.

This was a huge mistake by the Fed. They are out of ammo and the markets know it. Only thing left to do now is print money and start directly buying the stock market. Can we say unprecedented? What a friggin mess.

The China Shanghai Stock Exchange Composite Index bottomed out on Feb 3rd, with a V-shaped rebound. The next day, Feb 4th, the # of cases per day in China peaked at 3,884 (using the earlier stricter definition of positive cases). Even though deaths per day continued to rise until Feb 12, their stock market continued to rebound. Looking at the US, our # of cases per day continues to rise, but could slow soon (or not). I wouldn't be surprised if peak # of US cases per day matches the bottom of the market. Dropping the Fed Rate to zero might've sped that up by a day or two also.

Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 6.16.05 PM (2).png

Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 6.18.48 PM (2).png

Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 6.17.14 PM (2).png

The biggest fear of catching the Wuhan Virus is not getting it, but dying from it. With the recent emergency FDA changes I believe doctors can now try treatments that are off label and known to help such as chloroquine and others, and remdesivir for critical cases. If the current death rate can be lowered by an order of magnitude for the most vulnerable with these treatments, then the whole virus thing will start to become a non-issue for most Americans and things will return to normal pretty quickly. I think we'll see this happen within the next 3-4 weeks.

Amazingly, the Dow is only about 20% off the recent high. During the recession, the bottom was 50% off the high.

Last week, we were at about 600 confirmed cases.
Today, we are over 3,000.
The models show we will be over 20,000 next week.

This is only going to get worse.

A lot of the closures announced are still voluntary recommendations. And what’s with some cities just banning gatherings over 500? A half-hearted attempt if IMO. We’re eventually going to need forced closures and quarantines. Might as well do it now instead of waiting for the inevitable.

Of course the virus is going to get worse before it gets better. And same with the economy. The key is to not have everyone do a run on their banks, sell everything, horde everything, etc. We will get through this and if all people remained calm and only focused on dealing with the virus, we wouldn’t have as many ancillary problems caused by fear and panic. Many of these issues that we will be dealing with is caused more from fear than anything else. And that’s sad.

The government should make it mandatory that no payments or interest will be paid by consumers for the next 3 months. The banks have been bailed out enough times. They can wait 3 months on their payments.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a reliable link to the Dow, SP and Nasdaq futures? Google search leads to sites with conflicting numbers. Curious as to where the Fed action will carry TSLA.

Looks like Powell used up all his ammo before we even have a recession.

On yahoo finance the e-minis are ES=F. I think they are delayed 10 minutes. Showing -4.60% now.
I watch them on Think or Swim where they are /es. They are halted as limit down: -4.79%.

• Informative
Reactions: Right_Said_Fred
The China Shanghai Stock Exchange Composite Index bottomed out on Feb 3rd, with a V-shaped rebound. The next day, Feb 4th, the # of cases per day in China peaked at 3,884 (using the earlier stricter definition of positive cases). Even though deaths per day continued to rise until Feb 12, their stock market continued to rebound. Looking at the US, our # of cases per day continues to rise, but could slow soon (or not). I wouldn't be surprised if peak # of US cases per day matches the bottom of the market. Dropping the Fed Rate to zero might've sped that up by a day or two also.

View attachment 522150
View attachment 522148
View attachment 522149

It’s not possible to draw a correlation between the markets and virus cases. If anything, the peak on Feb 4 could have been because they locked down all nearby regions on January 23.
The US is nowhere near locking down any large metropolitan at this half hearted rate we’re going on of voluntary asking everyone to stay home and reducing crowd sizes at places like restaurants and theaters.

It’s not possible to draw a correlation between the markets and virus cases. If anything, the peak on Feb 4 could have been because they locked down all nearby regions on January 23.
The US is nowhere near locking down any large metropolitan at this half hearted rate we’re going on of voluntary asking everyone to stay home and reducing crowd sizes at places like restaurants and theaters.
China’s stock market is not a free market nor is it a bellwether of its economy. The gov funds artificially kept it high after market reopen after lunar new year. Can’t draw any conclusions from here

• Informative
Reactions: JusRelax and Fobble