Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also I love how Nio reported earnings that make it very apparent how dire of a situation they are in and how they are nothing like Tesla and yet Tesla and Nio were down the same amount today. Complete irrationality at this point which was part of the reason I started my buys today.

I also dont really agree with the thought process of the market will bottom when US hits peak infraction rate. The market has shown time and time again to have peak irrational fear well before the peak economical issues or global issues peak. I think we hit peak market fear this week r maybe early next with the market assuming Italy infection/death rates across the US.....which I do not think will happen at all. For anyone that's been to Italy, they know that Italy is an insanely poorly run country.

Yeah, am really starting to think if they get through a large backlog of testing through the weekend here and then are only showing actual new cases on a daily basis, it will look like the curve has already flattened in the US next week. Note, it will still be rising but how the info is presented it will look like it's slowing. Which should help calm the markets (or there will be excessive panic today through Friday call it whatever you want)
These sharp spikes up certainly look like an aggressive rebound is on the table when sentiment turns around.

Reactions: MikeC
I do not see how we avoid a recession here, however short it is. It is already baked in.

Has the market priced for a recession? This is the question. Once it does that it can start thinking about pricing the recovery.

I am not that smart. I just buy a little more whenever it goes down. If it goes into the low 200s I will be tempted to do crazy stuff, like double my position.

US government sending cheques every month to every American during the crisis, guaranteeing that you will be taking care of if you get sick during the crisis. Say this crisis takes a long time; try to reverse these measures. Andrew Yang and Bernie Sanders did not even have to become President. Coronovirus did it for them..

With what authority are they planning to do that? Does it require new legislation?

If yes then the path leads through the Democrats ...

Shoot, not too surprised this executed already.
Now have a buy order set at $290. We could get there by beginning of next week.

Quite a few here disagreed with me when I posted in the past couple weeks that holding through til Monday was a bad idea. Let’s see if I can make it a hat trick.
Too many bad news possible over a 2-day period with no good news to look forward to in the very near term horizon.

Curious to see how many recent longs rode this thing from the $300’s to $900 and back down to $300’s?
(At least you’re not in the red, yet).
Yup did exactly that ...$180-$900 back to $360 and no tax consequences... and continued buying thru this free fall ...
i have doubled my number of shares in TSLA in the last month and don't owe any income tax in the short run through the roller coaster ride.... long and strongo_O

Taking a devil’s advocate position.
It’s possible that some of those signers might be factory line workers who are living with at-risk family members? Can’t assume that every worker is gung-ho about pumping out cars at the moment when all their other friends and family are in shelter mode.
then you use your brain and self quarantine you don't need to sign a petition... Tesla basically told employees to stay home if they are sick you are just promulgating more FUD i guess in hopes you hit your $290 goal ... shame on you

Shoot, not too surprised this executed already.
Now have a buy order set at $290. We could get there by beginning of next week.

Quite a few here disagreed with me when I posted in the past couple weeks that holding through til Monday was a bad idea. Let’s see if I can make it a hat trick.
Too many bad news possible over a 2-day period with no good news to look forward to in the very near term horizon.

Curious to see how many recent longs rode this thing from the $300’s to $900 and back down to $300’s?
(At least you’re not in the red, yet).

Dude, stop patting yourself on the back. It’s not a good look.

FYI, I’ve ridden this rollercoaster from 30ish to 24 to 380 to 140 to 265 to 180 to 968 and all the way back to here. I’ve even added along the way just because I could.

I’ll ride it to hell and back because — listen closely — I’m a long term investor in the only company publicly traded that’s got a hope to make sure you get to pass on your genetic material. You’re welcome. Feel free to sit down at anytime and show a little humility.

There were zero Covid-19 infections reported in the Shanghai Lingang district where GF3 is based at, and zero infections found at GF3 itself as well.

Tesla applied significant protection and mitigation measures at the Shanghai factory:

The high level of automation and the distance between the assembly work stations provides natural social distancing.

Tesla also required all non-Shanghai resident workers to self-quarantine for two weeks, before they were allowed to return to work.

Tesla is well prepared to apply similar protections at Fremont too.

Well Tesla Shanghai factory was shut down completely in an area that didn’t have infection, whereas they are refusing to shut down their US factory in an area that does have infection where all non-essential businesses have been ordered to shut. So it doesn’t seem like they are applying the same methodical safety measures as they did in China. Instead they are doing what quite frankly sounds like a scummy weasel like move in relying on a federal definition of essential to override local health authorities.

it’s time for this forum to wake up and realise how bad the brand damage is becoming from Tesla not closing its Fremont factory temporarily to combat the virus spread.

honestly, no one cares at present if they lose a couple of weeks production, every company on earth is impacted currently and a temporary drop in revenue is completely expected by the markets now.

Third Row Tesla Podcast on Twitter
excited to hear that Tesla and the county have reached an agreement to keep the factory running with a 75% reduction in workforce

That's cool - there's a lot of R&D and other white collar staff there who can work from home. By reinstating 3 shift assembly on the S/X lines they can keep production output with a smaller workforce.

Only about 40% of the Fremont workforce are line workers who must be physically present.

They also have S/X pack assembly and powertrain subassembly at Fremont, which they might be able to move to GF1 and Lathrop.

Lots of ways to get higher production out of a smaller workforce present at any particular moment in Fremont.

The worst-case was a 100% shutdown of manufacturing.

then you use your brain and self quarantine you don't need to sign a petition... Tesla basically told employees to stay home if they are sick you are just promulgating more FUD i guess in hopes you hit your $290 goal ... shame on you

It's his schtick. He's been doing this forever. Gone for the rise, back as soon as it drops. Surprised so many haven't seen through it.

In the past few hours alone, he's tried to make people think that if an FDA approved drug is found to be effective in treatment, it still will be years until it can be used, superchargers are as dirty as gas stations (might be true, but the point people were making is they charge at home and don't HAVE to go to a fill up station), and that the price going down is no surprise to him. So many posts about the direction of TSLA, and it's always the same direction. Oh, and Fremont should be shut down, because, don't you care about the workers!

Taking a devil’s advocate position.
It’s possible that some of those signers might be factory line workers who are living with at-risk family members? Can’t assume that every worker is gung-ho about pumping out cars at the moment when all their other friends and family are in shelter mode.

And per Tesla they are free to stay home and borrow up to two additional weeks of PTO. Nobody’s holding a flamethrower to their heads. Stop suggesting they don’t have a choice.

That's cool - there's a lot of R&D and other white collar staff there who can work from home. By reinstating 3 shift assembly on the S/X lines they can keep production output with a smaller workforce.

They also have S/X pack assembly and powertrain subassembly at Fremont, which they might be able to move to GF1 and Lathrop.

Lots of ways to get higher production out of a smaller workforce present at any particular moment in Fremont.

See very positive news about Tesla production capacity for US/Europe combined with Giga 3 back to being fully operation........go check stock after hours.......nothing :rolleyes:

It's his schtick. He's been doing this forever. Gone for the rise, back as soon as it drops. Surprised so many haven't seen through it.

In the past few hours alone, he's tried to make people think that if an FDA approved drug is found to be effective in treatment, it still will be years until it can be used, superchargers are as dirty as gas stations (might be true, but the point people were making is they charge at home and don't HAVE to go to a fill up station), and that the price going down is no surprise to him. So many posts about the direction of TSLA, and it's always the same direction. Oh, and Fremont should be shut down, because, don't you care about the workers!
thanks i never noticed I consider myself informed