Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol that's a lot of boasting for a prediction that has very little chance of actually happening.........least when it comes to the terms of "your" prediction that S&P will be below 1900 by next Thursday.........I would take the other side of that bet....and this coming from someone who thinks the macro's will retest the lows they made a week ago.

perhaps it'd be wiser to focus on the SPX level rather than exact timeline minutiae lol...:)...forest through the trees...posts like this discourage me from trying to help people....people that follow my posts know the if a person is a fraud or not...but these are JMHO's ...nobody paying me for advice so take it for what's it worth nothing.

SPX levels predict employment, real estate values, TSLA stock price, anxieties/fears, food, covid deaths, panic and hoarding.

This is not a time to be worried about delivery numbers and Giga 4 progress...this is a time to worry about survival and overall health .

How is it that Giga China is still producing cars? Don't they rely on a number of parts still coming from USA or elsewhere? I doubt they are now making 100% of parts in China. So wondering if they might have to stop production there sometime soon?
Fremont factory still has some operations going on. They are not allowed to make cars. But can make parts for service dept, probably also for Shanghai factory.

Tesla is allowed to make cars. No one is stopping them except some supply chain limitations.

Yup and I'm pretty sure that the main supply chain limitation that caused the Fremont shutdown was Panasonic shutting down cell supply for 2 weeks. I'd imagine once Panasonic told Tesla they'd be doing that, Tesla decided to stop fighting the county sheriff lol.

* Right now at about 1:40pm I see TSLA volume at only 8.3M. Most investors simply hodling through today's dip.

* Good to see a more reasonable FactSet number of 91,694 (according to Rob Maurer in his Tesla Daily Podcast)

* With an apparent absence of a continuation of the buying we saw yesterday, it looks like @Curt Renz 's explanation for end of quarter window dressing by fund managers might have been the best explanation for yesterday's TSLA rise.

Yup and I'm pretty sure that the main supply chain limitation that caused the Fremont shutdown was Panasonic shutting down cell supply for 2 weeks. I'd imagine once Panasonic told Tesla they'd be doing that, Tesla decided to stop fighting the county sheriff lol.

If that were true they could still be making S and X with cells from Japan. Unless Panasonic shut down there as well.

Haven't seen this posted here yet, and haven't yet had a chance to preview, but Sandy Munro has posted a series of videos on the Model Y here: https://munrolive.com/munrolive

EDIT: Just a short 3 video series, but so far so good. He seemed pretty positive on the fit and finish for an early run car.

Teslarati article with a bit more information: Livestream of Tesla Model Y teardown is coming from industry expert Sandy Munro

Evidently the teardown will be livestreamed April 2 at the website above, with a rapid disassembly livestream scheduled for April 6
RSD?

This and some other bad reports make me wander if Tesla was pushing out some preproduction models. There is a saying about never buying the first year of a new product. At least for the first few months of production.

I think he bought it used, it came with California plates, so no saying what the original owner did to the car before flipping it to Munro. They might have pulled things apart to look like so many other people have.

I have a feeling 1Q deliveries will massively under-perform and the future of Tesla will come into question. I don't have any cash ready to invest in this dip. Nor would I. That would be madness. Coronavirus. Government subsidies. Panel gaps!

I guess you missed the video from Munro where he states that the panels gaps are actually decent