Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
China: Tourist sites packed as country comes out of coronavirus lockdown - CNN

China is coming out of CV. Some experts say the risk is high for reoccurrence of CV. Markets rebounding strong this morning in response. China went to extreme measures to contain the CV and even then are opening after three months of shut downs and isolations. US is less stringent, the effects are obvious with affected/death numbers posted for a population 1/2 the size of China, and US is entering week 4 of this crisis. Wishing for a speedy recovery, as realistic as possible.

1 day of a lower death rate on NYC. Totally unjustified optimism imo. It takes 14 days to get outpatient test results back in Iowa. 14 days ago was almost the beginning of shelter at home in California. We still have no idea how bad this was two weeks ago let alone today. I hope things get better, but we don't have enough data to actually know if it is or not. Not by a long shot.
Death is a lagging indicator for infections. The less lagging indicator is hospitalization which dropped half in one day, and now it is even less than death. 562 vs. 630 (IIRC). So with lock down the virus seems to be controlled.

Tesla News - Electrek

Tesla to make ventilators using their car parts.
THIS is what makes me love Tesla. THIS is a reason why I will be investing in Tesla again.

For every ventilator made, one life will be saved. 10,000 ventilators = 10,000 lives, 200,000 ventilators = 200,000 lives. This should be Tesla's priority and IMHO is much more important that M3 or MY numbers.

If you knew that a Tesla Ventilator saved your life, how much more likely do you think that you and your relatives would buy a Tesla (plus Tesla Solar) in the future?

Jefferies Upgrades Tesla (TSLA) to Buy

'The analyst comments "We upgrade Tesla with $650PT ($800) as the only auto OEM 1) legacy-free, 2) engaged in a +ve EV sum-game, 3) ~doubling market coverage with Model Y and 4) leading the industry's technological transformation. US demand at risk near term from low gas prices but EVs mandated elsewhere and storage critical. Post est. cut (industry scenario), we see Tesla growing volume 25+%, with earnings and FCF supported by better productivity, stable ASPs and ZEV income.'

from thefly.com:

'Jefferies analyst Philippe Houchois upgraded Tesla to Buy from Hold with a price target of $650, down from $800. The shares closed Friday up $25.54 to $480.01. Despite reducing Tesla's estimates, the analyst still sees 2020 revenue growth of 27%. The company's earnings and free cash flow will be supported by better productivity, stable average selling prices and income from zero-emission vehicle credits, Houchois tells inevstors in a research note. Tesla is the only "legacy-free" carmaker and is participating in "a positive EV sum-game," contends the analyst. Further, post COVID-19 crises, Houchois expects higher consumer support for energy efficient transport.'

Corona cases dropping?
Even though I tell you, you won't believe me. lol

JPM aritcle on bottom.
CV case downard slope detect for one day.
Technical squeeze on 2 hr.

Market did a headfake b/c so many ppl where on the short side coming into Monday.
Its going back up to 2637 level again and we'll see what it does. It can break thru and go up to 2700.. then have more ppl join the party and go up to 2800 and dump on us.
Its going to be choppy market as long as VIX is elevated.

TSLA wise, 520 then 550 area is heavy resistance area...It breaks.. 600 here we go. :)

Last edited:
Last night's IHME projections (which I believe are the ones Fauci and Birx are watching) show NY state death rate peaking April 9 and falling to near zero by the end of this month. Most likely US total down to 82,000 (but with wide error bands) with death rate peaking April 16 and decreasing to near zero by the end of May.
IHME | COVID-19 Projections

Guidelines for lifting social distancing are being discussed. Market may see the beginning of the end.

Comments on various models can be found in the CoronaVirus thread and don’t need to be rehashed here.

Keep in mind that models also say that the virus will blow up a few months after social distancing ends, worse than now

Shorts putting the breaks on in pre-market, is what it looks like:

19644C0D-C5BE-4305-AAF4-9B01ACA03D4B.jpeg

Attachments

• 46E52685-7E82-4114-A66A-C19694B66865.jpeg
    46E52685-7E82-4114-A66A-C19694B66865.jpeg
    131.7 KB · Views: 42
Shorts putting the breaks on in pre-market, is what it looks like:
Yeah at 500 is a huge battle ground. Overall positive side of the market - I would like TSLA to break out of this range.. and next level of support.. Chances are better today.. I would like it to at least break out to 518 and settle at 512 today, so that we can move push higher tomorrow to 550. Let's watch and wait.

Reactions: FrankSG
May have missed it but is there any benefit to Tesla Inc. in expanding their engineering, technical, innovative prowess to medical equipment? It's not really on point to the mission as it has nothing to do with transportation but from a humanitarian aspect, it has a tangential connection.
It's certainly not a priority once this virus settles down but down the road, I can see their first principle's problem solving as potentially waking up another entrenched industry that could possibly use a shake up. I'm comparing how the boring company exposed hugely wasteful and even corrupt business practices in a tight circle of competitors that was arguably price fixing if not gouging. Does anyone have any experience with the companies that provide medical equipment to know if there's a stagnation and exclusionary business model ripe for disruption?
It's probably a long shot and certainly not in their wheelhouse but if this ventilator exercise exposes inefficiencies and possible improvements that prove beneficial, I could see a spin-off once resources and priorities allow. I could see battery and OTA upgrades/monitoring, etc. having an advantage if those aren't already the norm.