Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OT:
"It was never said, but it is assumed that the Clampetts were from the Missouri Ozarks since Bugtussle and Silver Dollar City, two towns that are often mentioned, are real towns in close proximity in Missouri."

OT:
Didn't the song say "Texas Tea"?

How can Tesla PR bring this story into the public conversation about the future of energy, transportation, and an equable climate?

How COVID-19 led to the greatest environmental experiment in history

"With more than 1 in 5 people now in lock-down worldwide, including strict regimes in the vast majority of major metropolitan areas, the world has finally been given the opportunity to assess the effects of the reduction of human activity on the global environment.

"Satellite imagery from around the world shows dramatically reduced levels of nitrogen dioxide (NO2) in areas where a lock-down has been in place. Some of the most significant data is coming out of Spain, that went into nationwide lockdown on Saturday 14th March 2020."​

The Chinese word for crisis is 'danger' plus 'opportunity'. Thankfully, China gets it. But what will it take to make the USA step back from the carbon economy? Catastrophe doesn't seem to influence those who make policy in Washington and on Wall St. Can something as simple as a 'breath of fresh air' change their minds?

Cheers!

I’ve thought about this (between avatar swaps) and my prediction is as a whole we don’t voluntarily change. People love a good excuse. There won’t be a sudden, ‘that’s it, I’m buying an EV.’ Excuses will range from too expensive, there’s nothing that fits my needs (really desires) 120%, etc...

People going back to work and about their lives just as before; less perhaps a few minor changes dependent on what governments make people/businesses do going forward for a spell.

Some people will change, no doubt. Most, meh. They’ll continue to live paycheck to paycheck, dump trash where they stand, panic etc..

It is the nature of a plague to destroy as much as possible on the path.

I’m hoping for forced change via bankruptcies and the like.

Omg all those sweet keyfobs... Looking great!

481867EC-6E9E-4C4B-BF56-86693285752B.png

Is this an official moderator post? Is it stating that members are limited to a specific number of disagrees they may click? What is that limit?

i almost always to prefer to register disagreement with a sentiment with a simple thumbs down rather than gum up the thread with pointless tangential back-and-forth or bickering. the "disagree" button is a great tool for keeping the thread uncluttered.

i almost always to prefer to register disagreement with a sentiment with a simple thumbs down rather than gum up the thread with pointless tangential back-and-forth or bickering. the "disagree" button is a great tool for keeping the thread uncluttered.

Yeah, nothing is worse than a thread cluttered up with differing opinions, especially if it includes a lot of thoughtful reasons for their respective opinions! :rolleyes:

OT:
Didn't the song say "Texas Tea"?
Do they eat possum stew in Texas? I always thought that was more of a Okie/Arkansas thing? But you are correct they say "Texas Tea". Perhaps the panhandle? WIth nothing going on in the world at the moment we really need to get to the bottom of this. Perhaps the PETA lady can ask Elon at the next shareholders meeting?

How can Tesla PR bring this story into the public conversation about the future of energy, transportation, and an equable climate?

How COVID-19 led to the greatest environmental experiment in history

"With more than 1 in 5 people now in lock-down worldwide, including strict regimes in the vast majority of major metropolitan areas, the world has finally been given the opportunity to assess the effects of the reduction of human activity on the global environment.

"Satellite imagery from around the world shows dramatically reduced levels of nitrogen dioxide (NO2) in areas where a lock-down has been in place. Some of the most significant data is coming out of Spain, that went into nationwide lockdown on Saturday 14th March 2020."​

The Chinese word for crisis is 'danger' plus 'opportunity'. Thankfully, China gets it. But what will it take to make the USA step back from the carbon economy? Catastrophe doesn't seem to influence those who make policy in Washington and on Wall St. Can something as simple as a 'breath of fresh air' change their minds?

Cheers!

This must be done ... Telsa is in the right position to do it ... I have so far been against Tesla advertising (in the traditional sense) but to me this is different... the environmental data from this period must be shared and socialized with our citizens ... many of us on this thread know we are being slowly poisoned by fossil fuels ... but many smart people don't get it or choose to ignore it based on short term thinking

what a tremendous opportunity to educate the masses with data visualizations never before available ...

Sorry for the Texas Tea Topic, it was fun tho. I was just testing my luck at being a "standup comedian" on this forum, lol...abms.

Besides, all those people that just hold while I get admonished for ever selling TSLA... Side trades keep this exciting because otherwise, why even come here? If you're certain about $3,000 SP and have zero intentions of trading until then, why not just set an alert and go watch some golf on TV or something? Everyone has their own story and reasons, and some just enjoy the rollercoaster as a substitute to jumping out of a plane in a squirrel suit, flying 10m next to a rocky slope (someday).

My next trade is likely a buy on the next dip... or nothing. Maybe at $520 still cuz $420 is so outdated... I received that number from the Universe. We talk sometimes.

According to 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'The Beverly Hillbillies'...

6. The Beverly Hillbillies came from Missouri
In the pilot episode, the narrator at one point says, "Let's take them back to their home in the Ozarks and see how this whole thing got started." Series creator Paul Henning was, in fact, from Missouri in real life. The state contains much of the Ozark mountains, so it makes sense that Henning gave the titular family members a similar origin to his own.

Edit: Back on topic, TSLA seems to be hanging around $730 this afternoon, which @Artful Dodger says is where the Upper Bollinger Band will be at the open tomorrow. I'm not sure what that means for tomorrow's trading.

Last edited: