Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Count me in the group that is selling NO stock... probably going to buy some if this downward action continues.

TSLA is underperforming NASDAQ by about 4%. Has that ever happened before? (did it happen YESTERDAY?)

Elon is clearly frustrated by the lockdown since his company is on the cusp of so much frikkin' cool stuff. He is just human.

He clearly doesn't give a *sugar* about retail investors. Sure we are up, but does that excuse damaging behavior? This is an objectively true statement. His tweet has cost his fans and investors money. He doesn't care.

I'm going to continue to be a Tesla investor, maybe at a lower % of my portfolio, or maybe the same or more, but this has taught me that he places my well being as an investor below his ego. I'm not happy. I also dare anyone to pull the weak long or "not a real believer" crap with me. I've been an evangelist for Tesla for years. I've spent countless hours of my own personal time defending and proselyting for tesla, attended countless events to show off their products, given rides to so many people to convince them to buy one, helped out with deliveries at my local SC etc.

I'm disappointed. I didn't mind the 420 private deal as I believe he had good intentions. He is a genius, he knew that comment would hit the share price.
Bright side, 100% they don’t need to an offering.

He’s willfully ignoring the science my man. People have repeatedly tried to show him that no matter how the deaths are counted the amount of deaths is still multiples higher for hard hit area but he’s been ignoring it in exchange for whatever some lunatic conspiracy mongerer says or some head of a libertarian think thank quoting a discredited study.

you can’t reason with someone that thinks there’s some big conspiracy that everyone is covering up.
https://nypost.com/2020/04/30/no-evidence-of-kids-passing-coronavirus-to-adults-studies-show/

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Spread of coronavirus by children further doubted after French case

Figured I'd poke my head in to see how much of a madhouse it is in here today. TMC didn't disappoint lol.

A couple of things:

- Can people stop with the SEC investigation or Elon removed as CEO already? Elon has made similar comments on Tesla share price in the past. No SEC action. SEC would have conflicts if they tried to investigate this time because Elon's legal team would only need to make the argument that because there was no investigation last time..Elon cannot be investigated now for making the same exact comment on twitter.

- Also, I see CEO's stating they think their stock is undervalued on a weekly basis. Just because Elon said overvalued instead of undervalued doesn't change the classification that the comment in either direction is a statement on the stock. So every single CEO that has said undervalued would get in just as much trouble as Elon saying overvalued. I get the differences in context and how it's upsetting for investors but it doesn't change the literal fact that if the SEC investigates....it would be on the ground that it's a statement about the finances of the stock/company and thus stating either overvalued or undervalued still is a violation.

- Absolutely crazy how doomsday it is here on a 10% drop when the stock was already down 3% during the day before the tweet and on a day when macro's are down heavily. Surely it can't be related to the trading action that we all witnessed yesterday :rolleyes: (And no I don't think the facists comment made any difference to the stock price yesterday. It was walked down in a orderly fashion the same way it was walked down on P/D numbers)

- Also Tesla just crushed earnings. Q2 will be iffy but Q3 and Q4 are going to be monster quarters......How on earth can someone sell their shares when we're just 3 months away from those catalysts??? That just blows my mind tbh

He hasn’t gone off the rails if you look at what’s important to him. He doesn’t care about day traders. Rightly so. I’m looking at this as yet another buying opportunity. I have sold at times in the past only to regret a few months later. Now I just buy since I’m a long way off of wanting to sell for retirement.

I 100% agree he shouldn't care at all about day traders. In fact one of the reasons I love him is he barely cares about long term traders either. I will also end the day with more shares than I started the day with.

I'm on the COVID is really bad bandwagon [I could be wrong] which is why I'm saying he's gone off the rails. It's the reason I didn't buy short term heavy before earnings. I played that correctly. It's ok to play short term and long term.

Well, I had to sell some of my Sep 2020 calls today at a not insignificant loss - still holding all my core shares though. I really didn't want to sell...and I'm not personally critical or feeling like the end of the world is upon us after Elon's tweets, but I suspect many others will feel this way (in fact, many have already stated as such on this board), so I want to "deleverage" during what I expect to be a more volatile near term future.

I don't know how much of what is being said is related to financial impact, but tbh, Elon has every right to express whatever he wants. And EVERYONE here who's invested long enough should know how his mind works, and therefore what his behavior is capable of.

Elon and Tesla have made me a millionaire (at least at the moment), so even with today's blip, I can't complain, and I am trying to look on the bright side and be appreciative. You have to take the good with the bad. And like everyone says, if you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Anyway, I'm hoping to pick up cheaper shares with the cash I've opened back up later once the dust settles from this. I expect some SEC action will be forthcoming in the next week or so.

To be honest the reactions from other shareholders have impacted me just as much. I'm concerned that there are many who will see something obviously stupid and self destructive and pretend it's ok, or even a good thing.

You must have an odd definition of "obviously" because you have no idea what is really going on here.

It saddens me to inform that I also have got out of TSLA. I stayed put when the stock was on its way down to 360. I laughed at shorts and CNBC for their feeble attempts at detracting the company. I defended Elon's skepticism of our current response to COVID and still do. But, for me to see him deliberately tanked it to accomplish nothing, it hurt. I sold because I felt many other long-term investors were doing the same and that hurt so much more than the typical manipulation. The biggest problem is there was just so, so many ways he could get his point across and yet he chose the most damaging one to the people who have his back through this entire thing. I love Elon Musk but I'm deeply hurt by what he chose to do today.

NoOooOoO Not tHe hEckIn IvesTiRiNoOoooooooooooo .Uuuuuu cANt JusT tWeTiRuNOooo WhAT onUr mInDeRiNoooooooooOoooo

100% agree he shouldn't care at all about day traders. In fact one of the reasons I love him is he barely cares about long term traders either.

It's more likely he knows that true longs will be fine (battery day will be most exciting day apparently). He's just shaking out his haters. That's why he said "bon voyage" a few days ago.

I 100% agree he shouldn't care at all about day traders. In fact one of the reasons I love him is he barely cares about long term traders either. I will also end the day with more shares than I started the day with.

I'm on the COVID is really bad bandwagon [I could be wrong] which is why I'm saying he's gone off the rails. It's the reason I didn't buy short term heavy before earnings. I played that correctly. It's ok to play short term and long term.

Im torn on the COVID. On one hand I want to make sure health care isn’t overwhelmed. On the other, people do need to get back to work. It’s easy for me to say to stay home. But I actually make more money now than before the outbreak. For people who are burning through their savings, can’t get unemployment, they have a right to be concerned. Also don’t forget that Elon has already been through this at Shanghai and knows how to setup the factory probably safer than a grocery store. Also some of his suppliers may go bankrupt. That’s nothing to sneeze at. It’s time to start opening factories in a safe manner. The fed and state says it’s okay but not the local. That’s BS. And Zuck is for stay at home because his employees can work from home, no suppliers and Facebook usage is up. I do wish Elon had not tweeted some of those things like about 0 cases by end of April. But he was right about not needing all those ventilators.

And I work for a hospital.

My wife has cabin fever. She is sick and tired of being restricted to the house, sick and tired of not being able to go to work, and sick and tired of not being able to pretty much of anything else.

Now, imagine your Elon Musk, the guy who drives Tesla, the guy works twenty hour days to oversee manufacturing, the guy that sleeps on plant floor, the guy that drives Spacex, Starlink, reusable rockets, the Boring Company...

Do you suppose he suffering from cabin fever?

This will pass.