Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
0D3391AF-9FBB-45F2-8D28-C143080FEE0C.jpeg

It saddens me to inform that I also have got out of TSLA. I stayed put when the stock was on its way down to 360. I laughed at shorts and CNBC for their feeble attempts at detracting the company. I defended Elon's skepticism of our current response to COVID and still do. But, for me to see him deliberately tank it to accomplish nothing, it hurt. I sold because I felt many other long-term investors were doing the same and that hurt so much more than the typical manipulation. The biggest problem is there was just so, so many ways he could get his point across and yet he chose the most damaging one to the people who have his back through this entire thing. I love Elon Musk but I'm deeply hurt by what he chose to do today.

So, you think when Fremont and Buffalo open back up, G Berlin opens up in 2021, 5th factory breaks ground, Megapack projects execute and 1000 roofs a week are being installed etc. etc. things won't line up?

You're worried about a few month's during an arguably force majeure and even had a quick ride up to $882 in after hours and now your bailing? and the rest of you? About a couple of tweets?

Get real... real long...

and...

Fire Away!
(It's STILL the batteries, Stupid!)

The value of this forum has been on the decline but today it's worthless. I'm taking a break. It's clear there is no room for any opinion aside from "everything is perfect put all your cash in TSLA and trust Elon 100%". Reminds me of the opposite of TSLAQ.

I still own the exact same number of shares as I did before the drop (will buy more). I didn’t buy on margin. No different than buying something else that fluctuates in price. None of it truly matters until you want to convert to cash. I certainly don’t celebrate or freak when my home value changes. Doesn’t matter till you sell.
You don't know my financial situation. Maybe I need to sell next week? There are thousands of other stocks out there, maybe I want to rebalance? This nonsense that paper losses triggered by an idiotic tweet are meaningless is ridiculous. And despite some notions, options trading is still investing.

So the only question left is “does Elon want to be in charge of Tesla anymore?”
I fear the answer may be no.

You must have an odd definition of "obviously" because you have no idea what is really going on here.
If you do then feel free to enlighten us. I see an erratic CEO dipping back into how he was before the past year of stability and it concerns me.

So, you think when Fremont and Buffalo open back up, G Berlin opens up in 2021, 5th factory breaks ground, Megapack projects execute and 1000 roofs a week are being installed won't being things in line?

You're worried about a few month's during an arguably force majeure and even had a quick ride up to $882 in after hours and now your bailing? and the rest of you? About a couple of tweets?

Get real... real long...

and...

Fire Away!
(It's STILL the batteries, Stupid!)
I'll probably regret it in a few months or a few weeks. I'm an Elon Musk believer. No matter what happened in the world, I always felt like he's the one constant that will get us where we need to be. Today I questioned that belief.

The value of this forum has been on the decline but today it's worthless. I'm taking a break. It's clear there is no room for any opinion aside from "everything is perfect put all your cash in TSLA and trust Elon 100%". Reminds me of the opposite of TSLAQ.

You don't know my financial situation. Maybe I need to sell next week? There are thousands of other stocks out there, maybe I want to rebalance? This nonsense that paper losses triggered by an idiotic tweet are meaningless is ridiculous. And despite some notions, options trading is still investing.

I fear the answer may be no.

If you do then feel free to enlighten us. I see an erratic CEO dipping back into how he was before the past year of stability and it concerns me.

a little thicker skin is needed here. please don't leave because others might disagree. it's a great forum to banter ideas and support for a cause we all believe in. perfectly fine to not agree on issues, imo. your opinions are valuable here.

So the only question left is “does Elon want to be in charge of Tesla anymore?”

Exactly. Not sure yet if he's having a breakdown, is under the influence, simply making a point, trying to force someone's hand, or what.

It would be nice if he'd just articulate his thoughts in a blog post or an interview. It would help us understand where exactly his head is at rather than these outbursts which can be taken in so many different ways.