Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon is like Jesus. Crucification only elevates his status.

As a non-believer, there's an older tradition he can borrow from, which Gandhi picked up. Cf Plato's, Apology where Socrates is reported to say, in effect, "the state has the right to punish me, and I have the right to protest but must accept the punishment."

Despite the bullying punishment of his early years, just as he is above average mentally, he is at bedrock a moral man.

Yeah it's probably over now guys. Alameda is alone against Musk, Newsom, Mnuchin and all the others. It's a checkmate.

If county strikes back and tries to shut down Fremont:
  • they'll lose their faces even more
  • they'll lose Tesla eventually
  • they've just started a major social media shitstorm
  • factory re-opens anyway very soon
  • Tesla gets another free worldwide ad (BIG ONE)
If county doesn't strike back and enforce their order:
  • county only loses their credibility if there was something left
  • Tesla gets another free worldwide ad
Could it be that Elon has finally learned how to play media? I cannot see how he could lose this unless Fremont becomes new virus epicenter.

That is pretty interesting. The Fremont mayor has voiced support for Tesla reopening so if it is up to her it seems like there will be no enforcement. The question is, does the county have authority to direct the Fremont police or is it the city of Fremont?

The city directs its police force. The County has no jurisdiction, I believe, to send in the sheriff. I doubt the County supervisors would condone that anyways. I think Elon is safe. Good gamble, love the optics.

EXwG7bvXgAIMWL7

Hidalgo County on Twitter

California Gov. Newsom says he didn't know Tesla reopened its factory, defying coronavirus orders

A Lora article

"A spokesperson for the Fremont district supervisor’s office in Alameda County, Shawn Wilson, wrote in an emailed reply: “The Order states that your question of enforcement is left up to the local policing agency, so your question should be directed to the Fremont Police Department. If Tesla violates the order, it would be Fremont Police Department’s decision to enforce or not enforce.” The Fremont Police Department did not immediately respond to a request for comment. "
Fremont mayor who supervises Fremont police offered to help Elon. I do not think he will be arrested. Weird story.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Well I'll say this: if THIS lawsuit doesn't bring @Fact Checking out of retirement / hibernation, then he is truly gone! (c'mon ya know u wanna) :D

Paging @KarenRei :)

Cheers!
Lodger

Labor and land is SO MUCH cheaper in Nevada it would more than make up for the expense of moving. The downside is the Bay Area has all the smart people with the new ideas.

As if morality matters anymore...

Jeff

Please kindly read the first sentence of the CA shelter order:
On March 19, 2020, I issued an order directing all individuals living in the State of California to stay at home except as needed to facilitate authorized, necessary activities or to maintain the continuity of operations of critical infrastructure sectors.
https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/CDPH Document Library/COVID-19/SHO Order 5-7-2020.pdf

And then read page 11 of the CA critical infrastructure list:
Workers critical to the manufacturing, distribution, sales, rental, leasing, repair, and maintenance of vehicles and other transportation equipment (including electric vehicle charging stations) and the supply chains that enable these operations, subject to adhering public health guidance issued by CDPH.
https://covid19.ca.gov/img/EssentialCriticalInfrastructureWorkers.pdf

Last edited:
As if morality matters anymore...

Jeff

That's the same double standard speak used by LorenaSGonzalez@ and many left politicians.
Has Elon sincerely wanted to expose their employee to COVID?
Has anyone lost their lives in Giga Shanghai?

Oh yeah, I saw full of western arrogance in the post since you doesn't seam to protest Tesla's decision restart Giga Shanghai in two weeks but now you suddenly care about Fremont?

Double standards.

Yeah it's probably over now guys. Alameda is alone against Musk, Newsom, Mnuchin and all the others. It's a checkmate.

If county strikes back and tries to shut down Fremont:
  • they'll lose their faces even more
  • they'll lose Tesla eventually
  • they've just started a major social media shitstorm
  • factory re-opens anyway very soon
  • Tesla gets another free worldwide ad (BIG ONE)
If county doesn't strike back and enforce their order:
  • county only loses their credibility if there was something left
  • Tesla gets another free worldwide ad
Could it be that Elon has finally learned how to play media? I cannot see how he could lose this unless Fremont becomes new virus epicenter.
This is not that simple. There are many Tesla fans, investors, and owners who are what I consider COVID hysteria camp. i.e. they believe that if there is no guarantee that a single worker would not get a sore throat then he should not reopen. These people are not members of TSLAQ. This affair will have at least a temporary backlash against Musk and Tesla. This will mean somewhat less word of mouth advertisements, reduced sales, etc.

Love the optics? Just wow... I know this is an investors forum where money rules everything else out there but wow... I REALLY, and I mean REALLY, hope someone exposes COVID-19 to the workforce there and a cluster develops. The sheer amount of arrogance and ignorance shown by Elon needs to have consequences. Clearly few here are willing to provide any... I never knew money was so much more important than peoples health and safety. The investment community here has shown without a doubt, money rules.

Jeff
We’re not hoping for that. But you REALLY are.
Do you understand what you are wishing for?
I didn’t think that’s nice.

That's the same double standard speak used by LorenaSGonzalez@ and many left politicians.
Has Elon sincerely wanted to expose their employee to COVID?
Has anyone lost their lives in Giga Shanghai?

Oh yeah, I saw full of western arrogance in the post since you doesn't seam to protest Tesla's decision restart Giga Shanghai in two weeks but now you suddenly care about Fremont?

Double standards.

Um... I was just against that opening as this one... Elon doesn't care about anyone else other than himself, his actions have more than demonstrated that fact.

Jeff

We’re not hoping for that. But you REALLY are.
Do you understand what you are wishing for?
I didn’t think that’s nice.

Yep I know exactly what I said, and I'm not interested in being nice. Nice has no application here.

Jeff

EDIT: Should have said this differently. I won't comment further.

Last edited: