Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Below is a screenshot from Fox news form today (I am a liberal, but it is always good to see both sides of the story).

OK, I realize these are most likely not correlated - a surprise win for the Republicans in the Democratic bastion California and Tesla being abused by Democrats in California.

BUT, it actually might have been an influence in the election, with Californians being pissed off at their government for kicking out Tesla out of the state.

But even if kicking out Tesla did not cause Democrats to lose the election, I am pretty sure the Democratic leaders (Pelosi et al) are very very worried that it might have been an important factor - and the presidential elections are only a few months away.

Which means that they will be much more careful and considerate with dealing with Elon now :)

At this point Elon has the best of both worlds - Republicans are very very happy with him, Tesla became overnight an all American brand even in the Bible belt, and Democrats are/will do everything to make Elon happy :)

Annotation 2020-05-13 183653.png

And I'd guess that when that happens (five or more years down the road. No way they will move the factory until there is a lot more prodution--two more GFs in North America minimum) there will almost certainly be a moving package for the employees.
I thought the "moving package" he had in mind in that time frame was via Starship to Mars!

Thanks GGR.
At least he seemingly was open and honest in his making of the account. There was no attempt at deception. His post, was well thought out, and it was obvious time was put into writing it, which is not so obvious for many posts in this thread. As said, not that i agree with everything, but traditionally in my opinion, this board has had a much lower threshold to ban anyone with a dissenting to the majority opinion, who 'repeats things' than someone who agrees with the majority but repeats things just as much.

I thought it contributed to the discussion, so maybe in cases like this , with a person showing openness, honesty, and contributing , rules can be re-evaluated.

I think I personally would have left his post and not banned him, exactly because of those reasons: he was up front about his intentions and he put a lot of effort in writing that elaborate post. Also, it doesn’t hurt to hear what the ‘other side’ has to say (preferably only once in a while). If there’s support for it then I can repost what he wrote (and you can all have a swing at it).

P.S. Not meant as a criticism, ggr :)

Below is a screenshot from Fox news form today (I am a liberal, but it is always good to see both sides of the story).

OK, I realize these are most likely not correlated - a surprise win for the Republicans in the Democratic bastion California and Tesla being abused by Democrats in California.

BUT, it actually might have been an influence in the election, with Californians being pissed off at their government for kicking out Tesla out of the state.

But even if kicking out Tesla did not cause Democrats to lose the election, I am pretty sure the Democratic leaders (Pelosi et al) are very very worried that it might have been an important factor - and the presidential elections are only a few months away.

Which means that they will be much more careful and considerate with dealing with Elon now :)

At this point Elon has the best of both worlds - Republicans are very very happy with him, Tesla became overnight an all American brand even in the Bible belt, and Democrats are/will do everything to make Elon happy :)

View attachment 541366

I am skeptical that Tesla is by itself a big enough issue for voters that it had any real sway in this election, but the question of how to proceed with lockdowns/etc absolutely could have. There are a lot of people seeing their livelihoods destroyed by these measures.

Yahoo outlook is based on trend while valued is calculated based on PE ratio. Not saying TSLA is overvalued but you can totally have an overvalued company sustain a run-up over an extended period of time. In fact, the bullish trend jives well with the overvalued assessment (for any random company): maybe it was fairly valued before and it's now overvalued after a bull run. Yahoo outlook does not have any predictive ability.

If Yahoo outlook is calculated based on a trend, but it has no predictive ability, then what is the point of calculating/showing the outlook?

An outlook is by definition an attempt at prediction.

Yahoo's valuation and predictions are just Bravo Sierra.

I said this before and I'm saying again, I'm getting a vibe from Tesla that says we'll get to our end goal even if we have to step on some people who supported us in the past.

I'm not going to get into the 'were Elon's tweets/bargaining approach good or not' debate again (I've said my piece on that topic, and I believe you and I would find ourselves closer to agreement on it than you might think). But I wanted to pull this line out, as I've seen it mentioned before, often said in a derogatory way by folks who don't completely 'get' the mission. I want to point out that it is absolutely the case that Tesla will do what's necessary to achieve their end goal of accelerating the transition to sustainable energy (née transport), even if it involves stepping on toes. Anyone's toes. Including current and past supporters.

Further, it's pretty clear that this is the correct approach. It's not too much to say that as goes Tesla, so goes a significant chunk of the planet's odds of mitigating climate change to any reasonable degree. They must succeed, even if we don't always like every step in that journey.

I don't think they are callous about it, nor do I believe they'd toss supporters aside blithely. But climate change is a Big Deal™, and there's very little that competes with it in terms of long-term importance.

I wonder what tesla PR is doing. They should at least gives public announcement and videos showing tesla workers enjoy much stronger protection than maybe all the other manufactures.

See the stock is down about 3.5% now but the market in general is also down.

The Today Show had this segment on Tesla:

I hate they are using old footage from the assembly line without people wearing masks. Tesla should be sending footage out to agencies showing protocols being used in place to assure people what is actually being done. Would give a better public impression during this CV time.

Last edited:
Reactions: SMAlset
I think I personally would have left his post and not banned him, exactly because of those reasons: he was up front about his intentions and he put a lot of effort in writing that elaborate post. Also, it doesn’t hurt to hear what the ‘other side’ has to say (preferably only once in a while). If there’s support for it then I can repost what he wrote (and you can all have a swing at it).

P.S. Not meant as a criticism, ggr :)
Yeah, I'm falling into the trap of trying to be helpful. Personally I saw nothing of value in his posting, but probably should have just done nothing. Having said that I would not vote to restore it or him. I will try harder to do nothing.

I don't see any way they let it go back above 800 by close haha. I'd love to be wrong. It would be very bullish to hold the 800 level since its been attacked for days/weeks now

I think we retest the lows. 760 is a key support level so with assistance from macros we will see Shorties making another push.

My point is that again the manipulators are taking advantage of slides in the macros to magnify the drop in TSLA.

My point is that again the manipulators were ALWAYS planning to push the SP down to the Middle-BB. Rince. Repeat. Wall St. :p

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2020-05-13.12-46.png

Ignore TA if you're a Buy-n-Hold investor. Pay attention if you want to swing trade to accummulate more shares. That's +10% shares in 24 hrs right up in there, and as predictable as the cycles of the moon and tides.

Jus' sayin'.

I wonder what tesla PR is doing. They should at least gives public announcement and videos showing tesla workers enjoy much stronger protection than maybe all the other manufactures.

Meh. I’m not a big fan of feeding the media in this way as they’ll just find something wrong with it anyway. Tesla is in a constant no win situation in this regard.

Let people think what they want. If they wanted to be informed, they’d put the effort in. Unfortunately, a lot people are just happy to go blithely along coming to conclusions, making assumptions and having opinions based on nothing of fact. We’re lazy thinkers that way.

But - I did want to say that the early typo - well, that I could support simply because it would have been an absolute gas just to see people’s reactions.

Yeah, I'm falling into the trap of trying to be helpful. Personally I saw nothing of value in his posting, but probably should have just done nothing. Having said that I would not vote to restore it or him. I will try harder to do nothing.

I support all your decisions even when you wrongfully admonished me in the past.

Hope I’m doing better @FrankSG!

Reactions: VValleyEV
The County is trying to extricate themselves from this disaster of a position by pretending they are still directing the show! It's comical and tragic at the same time.

The wording that Tesla "can begin to augment their Minimum Business Operations this week in preparation for possible reopening as soon as next week" is nothing short of delusional.

Au contraire, mon Capitan! Alameda county is precisely correct. Tesla will "begin" by producing the minimum 1,000 Model 3s per day this week.

Then next week, they will be "fully reopened" producing 1,420 Models 3/Y/S/X. :D

Cheers!