Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I completely understand where you're coming from, I respect it, and I get it. That said, I absolutely draw the line at the government...any government, dictating what I can and can not do with my private life. I whole-heartedly support any and all efforts to better manage our resources, educate people with regards to birth control, help people make informed decisions on how they might chose to live their lives, but I will fight tooth and nail if anyone tries to mandate the size of my family. That is a choice between my wife and myself and nobody else has any right to tell me otherwise. Your mileage may vary, and I respect your right to have a different opinion.

Dan

To be clear, no one mentioned the government limiting the birthrate. Except for you.

The facts are our technology base and desire to be sustainable, determine the level of environmental damage.
There is no fixed equation where X number of humans do Y environmental damage, the ideal level for X number of humans is zero environmental damage.

That zero is very hard to attain, but we can get closer, renewable energy, EVs, recycling, sustainable food production, proper rehabilitation of land after mining...

The reason we are far away is all down to greed and priorities... wanting to limit the number of children others can have, is simply another form of greed. Self limiting the number of children you have is, sensible pragmatism..
Respectfully disagree with your last statement...EMPHATICALLY!

Dan

That said, I absolutely draw the line at the government...any government, dictating what I can and can not do with my private life.
Government and society already dictate what you can do with your private life. You can't beat your wife for example. "Freedom" always has limits unless you live outside of society and don't get caught.

Government and society already dictate what you can do with your private life. You can't beat your wife for example. "Freedom" always has limits unless you live outside of society and don't get caught.
Come on, that analogy is stretching it a bit, don't you think? I can't invite all my friends over to the house and gun them all down either.

Anyway, this is way off topic and the market is open. As always, I respect all of your views. Just struck a cord with me. Sorry.

Dan

I completely understand where you're coming from, I respect it, and I get it. That said, I absolutely draw the line at the government...any government, dictating what I can and can not do with my private life. I whole-heartedly support any and all efforts to better manage our resources, educate people with regards to birth control, help people make informed decisions on how they might chose to live their lives, but I will fight tooth and nail if anyone tries to mandate the size of my family. That is a choice between my wife and myself and nobody else has any right to tell me otherwise. Your mileage may vary, and I respect your right to have a different opinion.

Dan
Straw-man argument. Nobody in the discussion here has implied or suggested that there be a law requiring people limit their birthrate. You are tilting at windmills here. Glad to see you support personal choice, Pro-Choice can always use more voices.

Tesla will thrive in Texas!

I support the idea of avoiding earthquake areas for important facilities so expanding beyond CA can be helpful.

I would also seek locations where water is plentiful but not a flood risk and severe storms need not be a concern and a robust educational research vitality in the local culture. Of course a nearby jetport is helpful. Any area is going to welcome a manufacturer with a growing business running round the clock.

Tesla has a broad choice but SpaceX is more likely to desire to remain further South so Texas may be the reasonable first choice but other future location choices are not far off IMO.

• Helpful
Reactions: Artful Dodger
That's when gerrymandering and voter suppression really picked up.

Yeah, that is actually not true.

The era of systematic voter suppression in Texas (and all across the South) corresponded with the period the Democratic Party controlled the state.

Gerrymandering in Texas is likewise something the Democratic Party embraced for as long as they could, only seeing the tables turned when the state shifted firmly into the Republican camp in the 1990s.

"In 1991, the Democrats redrew the state’s congressional map to create what the Almanac of American Politics called “the shrewdest gerrymander of the 1990s . . . with incredibly convoluted lines . . . pack(ing) heavily Republican suburban areas into just a few districts.” The resulting firestorm of litigation ended when a federal court voided primary elections in 13 districts and imposed a court-drawn map.

In 2003, it was the Republicans’ turn to gerrymander, resulting in the famous flight of Democrats to New Mexico and then Oklahoma in an ultimately futile effort to block the maps. That round of redistricting also resulted in a trip for Texas to the Supreme Court."

Gerrymandering is a Texas tradition whose time has come and gone

Article pretty much says some ANALysts were puzzled why Elon wanted Fremont opened so badly, but concluded that he wants Tesla inclusion in S&P500 and the longer things sat idle the less chance of that happening.

Says survey of analysts by factset predict a loss of $387 mil at 67,000 deliveries this Q.

mentions 4 q's cumulative profit with the last q profitable for inclusion...

gary black, investor and former ceo of aegon asset mgmt thinks tesla can make a $2mil profit for 2q, based on his views of 80k deliveries from china + back log inventory from q1.

alludes to Elon's accounting bag of tricks to get profit, ie sale of tax credits.

assumes that tesla can enjoy 7 weeks of production in 2q.

barclays brian johnson (the gem that he is) is dubious about S&P inclusion after 2q, thinks 63k produced in 2q.

Can we get one damn day of natural trading where the stock doesn't dive right at open and then get walked lower all day????

Its been weeks now of the same trading action, day in and day out. Literally the only day in the past 3 to 4 weeks that did not exhibit the same exact capping/walk down methods was of course the day the uptick rule was in effect.