Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are literally the other side of the planet to new zealand. I cant see a UK factory in the next 5 years. We only *have* a car industry because we export so much to the EU (for now...).
Besides, no car in production seems to be as easy to swap LHR to RHD as he tesla model 3/Y. The model S has its whole dashboard mirrored, I assume in the 3/Y its literally a software setting.
I assume after 2021 all UK teslas will come from GF4 in Berlin.

We are literally the other side of the planet to new zealand. I cant see a UK factory in the next 5 years. We only *have* a car industry because we export so much to the EU (for now...).
Besides, no car in production seems to be as easy to swap LHR to RHD as he tesla model 3/Y. The model S has its whole dashboard mirrored, I assume in the 3/Y its literally a software setting.
I assume after 2021 all UK teslas will come from GF4 in Berlin.
Cars aren't a very big part of Tesla's future IMO. This could be a purely storage-based gigafactory, lord knows all of Europe will have massive demand. Though I guess this plant wouldn't technically be in Europe........

Cars aren't a very big part of Tesla's future IMO. This could be a purely storage-based gigafactory, lord knows all of Europe will have massive demand. Though I guess this plant wouldn't technically be in Europe........

Yeah Tesla in 2-5 years will be such a dramatically different company than it is today. The car business will still be there, but energy storage, FSD/Robotaxi revenue, solar, and commercial transportation(Semi) will probably make up half of the revenue of Tesla at that point. Crazy to think such as large cap company is going through that kind of transformation in a frame of 2-5 years.

View attachment 545970
Courtesy of Labpadre.
I think you may be looking at that lil dip in the share price right about then.

Edit: Or not. Looks like the Nasdaq took a dive at around the same time. Honostly, I've never seen a spaceX event, positive or negative, affect TSLA share price much. SpaceX blows stuff up all the time. (Every single Starship so far). Unfortunate that this comes a day before first SpaceX manned launch though. You can be sure that the press is going to be making a big deal about it once MSM gets wind of it.
So far so good for TSLA. Closed at $835.00.

Last edited:
Any chance this could initiate a squeeze, or better said, another launch? lol

Best,
Gene
I don't know it feels like the shorts have been quiet for quite some time. Maybe some of them shorted TSLA yesterday in anticipation of the press conference and are now covering? These gamblers that buying on the launch may be betting on something that won't be there. Has SpaceX ever affected TSLA in the past? Since it's just a gamble I don't expect it to last once it's all said and done. We've already seen the two model X 2 days ago. What would a successful launch have to do with TSLA but maybe I'm missing something here.

Reactions: phantasms
Mod Request:

Can we, by vote, get the Coronavirus thread moved out of the sticky section?

1. I have lurked here for years and I believe the thread is a disgrace to TMC.

2. It has little relevance to TSLA and appears to be just an echo chamber of insults, political rants, and fear mongering. My best guesstimate is that the mention of TSLA is less than 1 % of the content.

3. As a society we are moving on from the coronavirus. I believe it would be healthy and beneficial for TMC to move on as well.

This request is not to remove the thread in entirety. I just believe that it should not be a sticky thread. It is a distraction from TSLA.

Thank you for considering this and thank you to all the regular posters that have contributed level headed comments over the years. It has been, for the most part, rewarding to read.

in response to your numbered points.

1. thanks for your contribution.
2. it has had the most relevance to TSLA since maybe the fires in the media. TSLA was trading at 350 dollars in March. why is that? coronovirus mention was removed from the main investor thread, yet has had THE MOST relevance to stock price movements in years. what is that thing about making the same mistake twice?
3. maybe you are moving on mentally, but coronovirus has not moved on. the only thing that has changed is time. maybe the 'society' you are referring to is your own bubble?

Last edited:
Today ranks # 6 in All Time High "Closing Price"
(closing price high not intra-day)
upload_2020-5-29_16-6-41.png