Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One thing I find amusing, right here:

View attachment 550124

Today's entire price action took place above the upper BB.
Does that create a new support level, or should it be the start of a new base? Big breakout this week already, but it seems like it could go on a tear similar to the breakout from 30 to 270, when they started producing the Model S. A 9x gain would be about 1800.

Sorry but you really think Elon wrote out an email to employees and confirmed it on twitter to troll Nikola and/or move up production by 1 month? Really man?

I don't really know how you take the text "It’s time to go all out and bring the Tesla Semi to volume production," as in only moving up production by 1 month. Again, Tesla had already said it was delayed to 2021. I'm feel I'm being conservative by guessing that Semi volume production has been moved up to Q1 2021.

Also, please don't compare what people on this forum say to what Fred does. We are Tesla investors, on a forum, giving our thoughts. Fred poses as a journalist and runs a website that he claims is fair and balanced......while constantly putting his opinion in every article

I repeat - “I certainly won't claim to know why Elon says/tweets/emails what he does.”

Pretty smart folks. I bought small stakes in ARKG and ARKF (non-Tesla) two months ago. Both up >35%.
You haven't hacked my account have you? I bought the exact same two ETFs two months ago up 39% on both.

Cheers Longs!
I was going to pop a bottle of nice champagne tonight but all my good stuff is at my off site storage. Monkey 47 Gin and some Italian Amaro instead. Cheers!

I guess TSLA $1k brings it out:
My kid started looking for his first house ~10 weeks ago.
Back up... I have 3 kids.
One worked Tesla GA4 line during Summer 2018 Model 3 ramp.
One is artist turned tech design honcho.
One is former "X-games" champ who used winnings to buy TSLA at $38/share while an undergrad in college. <-- this kid.

Contacts me, 10 weeks ago, says "I'm selling some of my TSLA for the Down-Payment. Do you think this is bad timing"?
Me: Terrible timing. Wait.
Kid: But I need to get the DP together.
Me: We'll loan you $. Sell when the share price recovers and pay us back then. I expect it will break $1k this year.
Today-- via text:
Kid: Sooo, $1k!, I can cut you a check or I can gift you the shares.
Me: Sooo, you gift me the shares, you don't pay 15% Cap gains. That cost basis transfers to me along with the tax liability.
Kid: Yup. But you get these "prime" $38 shares.
Me: (thought bubble) "Kid is smart, knows I'm an addict"... Done!

Anyone else hearing from family today?

Last edited:
“$11 Billion market” divided by “1 million cars” = $11,000 average selling price. Either one of those numbers is WAY off, or they are all buying fiat pintos (which I doubt).

Thanks, good point. Looking closer, I think those two numbers may have come from different sources. A quick trawl through google didn't clear up the discrepancy either. Guess I'll wait and see if Tesla announces anything new in Saudi Arabia.

• Informative
Reactions: davecolene0606
While that is true, I don't think they need high volumes from Day 1.

Most large fleet owners will evaluate a handful of trucks for a year or 2, perhaps even suggest further improvements..

But after that evaluation period, bulk orders for lots of trucks are a very likely outcome..

Texas is a better location for mass production, but will take time to set up.
I don't think it will take that long.

The trucking mfg business is not as competitive as automobiles or pickup trucks. It's also smaller and much more ripe for disruption. It took Tesla many years to figure out how to become profitable selling autos and they are just now ready to lay an undeniable smack down on competitors. The semi will be a refined piece of next-level weaponry from the start.

Here is my prediction: The Tesla semi will by day 1 of the first delivery have disrupted the trucking industry more than Tesla disrupted the auto industry during its entire existence so far.

There will be no two-year evaluation needed. Once a few of these go into use on a daily basis, there will be a convulsive reaction by the industry when they realize an unfair cheat code exists in real life. Those who got in line early may have a chance to flay competitors because of the radical cost savings.

From our perspective, it will be fun to watch. Not for kids though because the violence and bloodshed level of "breaking the laws of physics" is TV-MA.

Btw anyone else feel like given this Semi news came out of nowhere, that the Semi will be part of the battery day demonstration? In the email, Elon states they've improved many aspects of the design and Elon has always said the specs will probably be better than the initial specs(thought we don't know by how much).

The known specs and features of the Semi are so amazing I don't see how they could be meaningfully improved unless you are thinking they could further extend the range or lower the price.

Reactions: MC3OZ
Thanks, good point. Looking closer, I think those two numbers may have come from different sources. A quick trawl through google didn't clear up the discrepancy either. Guess I'll wait and see if Tesla announces anything new in Saudi Arabia.

Found this which indicates its closer to half a million annually:

upload_2020-6-11_15-31-51.jpeg

And this for revenue:

upload_2020-6-11_15-35-15.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-6-11_15-35-15.jpeg
    upload_2020-6-11_15-35-15.jpeg
    135.2 KB · Views: 45
You haven't hacked my account have you? I bought the exact same two ETFs two months ago up 39% on both.

Cheers Longs!
Lol! No hack. Fintech and genomics just seemed like valid investments in the age of CV. I don’t know squat about most of the companies - that’s what Cathie and her cadre are for.

Looks like you caught them right at the bottom of the V. Nice timing.

Last edited:
I don't think it will take that long.

The trucking mfg business is not as competitive as automobiles or pickup trucks. It's also smaller and much more ripe for disruption. It took Tesla many years to figure out how to become profitable selling autos and they are just now ready to lay an undeniable smack down on competitors. The semi will be a refined piece of next-level weaponry from the start.

Here is my prediction: The Tesla semi will by day 1 of the first delivery have disrupted the trucking industry more than Tesla disrupted the auto industry during its entire existence so far.

There will be no two-year evaluation needed. Once a few of these go into use on a daily basis, there will be a convulsive reaction by the industry when they realize an unfair cheat code exists in real life. Those who got in line early may have a chance to flay competitors because of the radical cost savings.

From our perspective, it will be fun to watch. Not for kids though because the violence and bloodshed level of "breaking the laws of physics" is TV-MA.

In that case, scaling production volumes will need to be more aggressive....

Come on, islands gonna get much cheaper
I'd very much like to change my view, if I can see a way the Fed balance sheet and the national debt can resolve themselves. Not gonna bore you with all over pesky things that keep me up at night.

Your choice of course, but wouldn’t you rather sleep like a baby?

Island prices going to make no difference to me. :p

In that case, scaling production volumes will need to be more aggressive....
IMO, increased market confidence in Tesla quickly scaling battery production caused the $84 gain today.

I don't see any other way to interpret this sentence from the memo: It’s time to go all out and bring the Tesla Semi to volume production.

I haven't posted here in a few years. Took me the better part of a decade to figure out that spending time to educate my adversary in this battle didn't make any sense. The short sellers needed to be confident in themselves.

I'm here because I have to share an impossible story, but I have no one to tell in my personal life (for obvious reasons).

I've been an investor in this company for almost 10 years. I tried to ignore my investment as much as I could, doing my best to not let it get to my head too often (on the ups AND the downs). I managed to survive and stay true through every 50%-75% dip over a decade. Even when it was unbearable, and things were out of control, having me think I was watching $$$ disappear forever, I told myself to STFU and ignore the noise. I bought as much as I could afford to lose, knowing anything could happen. But I knew that my knowledge was not false and that, yes, everyone else DID have it wrong this time.

Today, I succumbed to temptation. Today, my ability to withstand faded after a long hard-fought decade of patience and resilience. Today, for the first time, I sold half of all the shares I've ever owned at $1000 each.

And with that, Tesla and it's employees, Elon Musk, and SpaceX and it's employees have changed my life. While this was true every day until now...let's be real...it's never real until it's cash. Because of this miracle, I'm going to be getting an X and it's going to cost me nothing. I now have financial security in ways I never thought would be possible. It is unreal. My decade of patience has changed my life. Stuff makes me tear up. I can't even believe it.

I plan on keeping the other half of my shares for as long as I'm alive. I have many years left on this planet, and I'm not getting off this ride.

Finally, I want to say that I never declared victory at any point in the past decade. My advise to everyone here - you can't declare victory when you are still sitting at the table. Quoting Bane from Dark Knight - "Victory has defeated you" (best fricken quote in the universe) - Never let winning let your guard down! You never say you've won until you've walked away from the table. Stay vigilant, this battle is not over!

I, on the other hand...well...today I walked away from the table today after 10 long painful years...and I'm ****ing declaring me some victory.

I won. And it's ****ing magnificent and glorious. Somehow, I fricken did it. And I am able to give to my family in ways I never thought possible. I feel like the luckiest person on the planet.

To those who bet against my shares for the past decade, you lost. You had malicious intent, and you lost.

God bless Tesla's employees, SpaceX's employees, Elon Musk and his family, and all the people who made this day possible.

Last edited:
I haven't posted here in a few years. Took me the better part of a decade to figure out that spending time to educate my adversary in this battle didn't make any sense. The short sellers needed to be confident in themselves.

I'm here because I have to share an impossible story, but I have no one to tell in my personal life (for obvious reasons).

I've been an investor in this company for almost 10 years. I tried to ignore my investment as much as I could, doing my best to not let it get to my head too often (on the ups AND the downs). I managed to survive and stay true through every 50%-75% dip over a decade. Even when it was unbearable, and things were out of control, having me think I was watching $$$ disappear forever, I told myself to STFU and ignore the noise. I bought as much as I could afford to lose, knowing anything could happen. But I knew that my knowledge was not false and that, yes, everyone else DID have it wrong this time.

Today, I succumbed to temptation. Today, my ability to withstand faded after a long hard-fought decade of patience and resilience. Today, for the first time, I sold half my shares at $1000 each.

And with that, Tesla and it's employees, Elon Musk, and SpaceX and it's employees have changed my life. While this was true every day until now...let's be real...it's never real until it's cash. Because of this miracle, I'm going to be getting an X and it's going to cost me nothing. I now have financial security in ways I never thought would be possible. It is unreal. My decade of patience has changed my life. *sugar* makes me tear up. I can't even believe it.

I plan on keeping the other half of my shares for as long as I'm alive. I have many years left on this planet, and I'm not getting off this ride.

Finally, I want to say that I never declared victory at any point in the past decade. My advise to everyone here - you can't declare victory when you are still sitting at the table. Quoting Bane from Dark Knight - "Victory has defeated you" (best fricken quote in the universe) - Never let winning let your guard down! You never say you've won until you've walked away from the table. Stay vigilant, this battle is not over!

I, on the other hand...well...today I walked away from the table today after 10 long painful years...and I'm ****ing declaring me some victory.

I won. And it's ****ing magnificent and glorious. Somehow, I fricken did it. And I am able to give to my family in ways I never thought possible. I feel like the luckiest person on the planet.

To those who bet against my shares for the past decade, you lost. You had malicious intent, and you lost.

God bless Tesla's employees, SpaceX's employees, Elon Musk and his family, and all the people who made this day possible.
A-f*****-men. I’m very happy for you sir. Tesla is doing the same for me. And I too have a Model X now bc of Elon and team. You’re going to love it <3