Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CNBC has on Bob Lutz - guy always seems to come out of the woodwork when the stock price is way up. Not sure why they give this guy airtime on Tesla when he has been so wrong for so long (I guess I wonder the same about all the analysts who have been so wrong on Tesla but still seem to get airtime). He is arguing that GM EVs better than Model 3. At least Phil LeBeau is pushing back on Lutz.

It’s all a show. They get paid to do it.

CNBC has on Bob Lutz - guy always seems to come out of the woodwork when the stock price is way up. Not sure why they give this guy airtime on Tesla when he has been so wrong for so long (I guess I wonder the same about all the analysts who have been so wrong on Tesla but still seem to get airtime). He is arguing that GM EVs better than Model 3. At least Phil LeBeau is pushing back on Lutz.
Better than a model 3 in a nobody gives a flying F kind of way.

I almost forgot about that car even existed.

What is there to argue, if customers are buying M3s instead of Volt/Bolt

• Informative
Reactions: oldTAVguy and Sudre

As frustrating and/or tiresome that the dishonesty is of such people, just look at those glorious TSLA and Tesla middle fingers standing at attention.

Well I had to spend all this money on something!

upload_2020-7-14_14-3-46.png

Lutz and GM had a chance to be at the forefront of the EV industry and they blew it. I think this bothers him greatly.

Do you, really? I don’t. I think all he’s ever cared about is money, status and attention.

If he cared about having made a grave mistake in regards to EVs, then he’d do something constructive about it. He wouldn’t go around year after year bashing Elon and Tesla. He’s been given a platform and he’s squandered it, compounding his initial mistake.

As Cindi says, ‘His’ true colors are shining through. All our true colors are shining through. And we are a disgusting lot.

Give? They don't give anyone airtime, it's purchased.

There's a time to buy LEAPS and a time not to buy them, but too many people say buy & hold always better than options. Nope, not that simple.

To be fair, I've never seen anyone here say that buy and hold is always better than options!

I'm probably one of the biggest proponents of buy and hold investing to produce wealth and I've made considerable (huge) profits last year and into this year on call options. I buy them whenever I see the risk/reward ratio has turned wildly in my favor but I don't feel the need to constantly have open options. Unless the odds are hugely in your favor (mispriced due to a large discrepancy between perception and reality) then trading option is just hard work compared to buy and hold investing.

When possible, I like to build wealth the easy way. And for the vast majority of investors, buying and holding great companies is a much more certain path to build wealth.

Curious why you would ask here instead of looking it up yourself and posting an informed comment?

SP zero'd in on the Upper-BB as soon as the Piper-Jaffrey upgrade came out. It's an important technical SP tgt.

Cheers!
Well Yesterday, during hours, I was posting to have the Upper BB posted so we could be educated and entertained with where it was, and what the SP was doing in relation to it, and what it meant, or what was the worth of the Upper BB in that scenario.
After market when the upper BB and the stock price were in agreement there wasn't much to learn from it that the casual investor would not know.
(And I really don't know where to get the Upper BB for Tesla, and it is meaningless to me unless those more knowledgeable about such a thing state their understanding... as I have requested people do when they post charts and add no comment.)
I could learn more about the Upper BB and it's worth if I could read what intelligent people are thinking about it when the SP is going crazy.
Here would be something that might have been posted yesterday:
"The upper BB is $210 below the current SP which intimates that the price is being inflated by a large financial entity for its own purpose. What their intention is is unclear."