Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FCA earnings call.

They spend 400m eur on regulatory emission credit purchases in 2020 H1 and expect to spend similar amount in H2.

Tesla’s “one time” earnings seem to be awfully consistent.
If you are a professional analyst and still refer to these as one time earnings you should be fired at this point.
B42720BC-9CCD-4370-AF0B-3FAC3A349ABB.jpeg

Only, this is not accurate. You can configure a car, place an order for a car, and plunk down money for the reservation fee, sure, maybe in 2 minutes.

Then Tesla’s website has a whole set of forms you go through, especially if you’re trading in a car. Then you run into a situation where you have a question. So you email or call the Tesla rep. Assuming you don’t get an immediate reply, you wait. Then you wait some more. Then there’s delivery. Inevitable new questions arise. From either party. On it goes.

I just traded in an old S for a new S and I must have spent 10 total hours over the course of a week in email or on the phone getting the transaction done. Since delivery I’ve already had one service visit requiring a follow-up with warranty replacement parts. Love the car, but there’s always a surprise.

Elon lives in a perfect world.

That’s a tough life you lead.

What is this? An anti FUD campaign? Do the puppet master want a rally on Monday? :rolleyes:

WSJ - this morning: Tesla Pulls Ahead in the Coronavirus Era After Elon Musk’s Years of Struggle

Excerpt:

For all of Elon Musk's public complaining about the handling of the pandemic, Tesla Inc. is shaping up to be one of the biggest business winners of the Covid-19 era.

After years of losses that made many investors wonder if the Silicon Valley car maker could ever operate in the black, Tesla has sustained a profit through one of the worst economic shocks in history, helped in part by the sale of regulatory credits. It is expanding rapidly at a time when larger rivals are losing money and cutting production, even as they chase Tesla's lead in electric vehicles.

Could not read the WSJ piece, but found this in the BI one:

But nobody has the brand power that Musk has created for Tesla. It's apparent now that the competition is playing catch-up. But that might be impossible. Experian recently said that of Tesla owners it surveyed, more than 80% would own again. It isn't going to be easy to take on Tesla.

22k/sh by 2024. Just heard that yesterday. Do the math. I will be offering three convenient sizes; 1M, 2M & 3M. Duffels will come in a variety of colors and prints, including skin toned decorated with pairs of red short shorts with gold trim.

omg, hilarious!!! I just meant, I didn’t think I had that much stock lol! But, this would be nice, 22k/sh haha....in an ideal world

Ford's plan to defer government loan payments a 'concerning sign'
Ford Motor Co. confirmed Friday that it sought and won permission from the U.S. Department of Energy to defer debt payments owed for a 2009 government loan.

The action is viewed as "worrisome" to an expert who closely follows bankruptcy trends.

Regulatory documents filed by Ford showed the company owes payments of $591 million in 2020, $591 million in 2021 and $289 million in 2022.

"The fact that Ford Motor Co., a multibillion dollar organization, finds it necessary to defer loan payments of that size would be a concerning sign to their investors," said Charles Elson, director of the Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance at the University of Delaware.

"The fact that Ford Motor Co., a multibillion dollar organization, finds it necessary to defer loan payments of that size would be a concerning sign to their investors," said Charles Elson, director of the Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance at the University of Delaware.

Wait...legacy auto is getting concern trolled now? :p

Ford's plan to defer government loan payments a 'concerning sign'
Ford Motor Co. confirmed Friday that it sought and won permission from the U.S. Department of Energy to defer debt payments owed for a 2009 government loan.

The action is viewed as "worrisome" to an expert who closely follows bankruptcy trends.

Regulatory documents filed by Ford showed the company owes payments of $591 million in 2020, $591 million in 2021 and $289 million in 2022.

I can only imagine that investors will begin moving money from the big three into Tesla.

Edit: I would, I have, and I suggest others do the same.

Good point! Maybe every market will get it simultaneously.

I don't really have a problem with the wipers (I use auto-wipe with occasional manual presses of the swipe button) but it would be cool if one of the scroll wheels could momentarily become a sensitivity adjustment for auto-wipe within 2 seconds of having pressed the swipe button. Not sure this would satisfy the German judge who has a problem with Tesla's wipers but it would be my preferred solution.

No need for anothet button.

We already have the press of the tip of the left stalk.

1-press is one wipe.

What if they did 2 quick presses to be speed 2, 3 quick successiv presses be level 3 etc. 1 press to return to auto.

Problem solved, minimal change.

What is this? An anti FUD campaign? Do the puppet master want a rally on Monday? :rolleyes:

Could not read the WSJ piece, but found this in the BI one:

But nobody has the brand power that Musk has created for Tesla. It's apparent now that the competition is playing catch-up. But that might be impossible. Experian recently said that of Tesla owners it surveyed, more than 80% would own again. It isn't going to be easy to take on Tesla.

Tesla has huge advantages in efficiency and range. But not everyone needs those. But once a buyer has used a Tesla touchscreen, I am not sure how they can go back to a GM , Dodge , Nissan, Hyundai or VW touchscreen. I have used these things. They are absolute *sugar*. This is an advantage that will spread as more people see the difference. And buyers who for some reason pick a non Tesla will agonize each time they use the touchscreen. This advantage could last for years.