Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is excellent news, I expect to hear similar about the Berlin built cars in due course. I'm sure the US built cars will shake off the US style panel gaps as well eventually! :p All joking apart though, a German built Tesla will go down really well with all those in Europe and the UK who still won't buy US built cars due to the perception of low build quality, so it's all just going to get better and better.
It's such a dead issue. Even Bob Lutz admitted that the panel gap thing was resolved (enough anyway).
My assumption on that article was that they believe 2/3 of the reservations will cancel. I can see a few cancel, but not anywhere near 2/3, maybe 10-15%.
I've been estimating that 40% will cancel myself. Small refundable deposit, long ways away, some ordered assuming they will have more money in 2 years (most will have the same), and some like myself ordered multiples for an FSD/robotaxi play.

I ordered a tri for myself and 2 duals for that purpose. If FSD looks likely I'll buy them, if not I won't.

Ferrari market cap is $30+ billion. That's huge for a company selling few cars, at least compared to other ICE makers.
  1. When do they plan to switch to BEV?
  2. How fast and successful can they be in this transition? How much resources have they invested already?
  3. Would Tesla be an option to customers cross-shopping Ferraris? If not, why and how deep is the moat?
  4. What could distinguish Ferrari cars from Tesla, besides branding and exclusivity (e.g quality, features, range, customization...)?
  5. [edit] Should Tesla consider launching sub-brands at some point, to better compete in the luxury space (vs robotaxis, trucks, family cars...)? If so, how can Ferrari keep up if their tech isn't as good as Tesla?
It seems that we expect Tesla to take market shares for all manufacturers and that the industry (and the stock market is finally realizing that, but so far, Ferrari seems unmoved, as if they weren't making ICE vehicles.

Ferrari has a plug-in hybrid. Actually, 2 - both are over $1Million and both are sold out: Ferrari 2020 Model List: Current Lineup, Prices, & Reviews The cheapest Ferrari is the Portofino, at $215K. I read somewhere that the average profit per vehicle is close to $100K.

Until Tesla wins an F1 race, Ferrari will maintain its mystique. The limited-edition million-dollar versions are rolling advertisements that you're in the "3 comma club." Even if the doors sometimes open "normally."

MUST BREAKTHROUGH THIS 1500 RESISTANCE!

tenor (1).gif

Attachments

• tenor (1).gif
    tenor (1).gif
    939.2 KB · Views: 36
It's such a dead issue. Even Bob Lutz admitted that the panel gap thing was resolved (enough anyway).

But it isn't. Maybe they are good enough to meet the "norm" for US cosmetic quality now, but there are significant issues with both shoddy paint finish and poor panel alignment on a significant minority of cars we are getting over here. I make a point of looking around the Tesla's I see around and although most are OK, some really aren't. It's probably as much a local PDI issue, but the cars wouldn't need PDI panel re-alignment if they all came out the factory right!

I'm long TSLA with a significant holding since 2012 and an absolute fanboy so I don't say this with any bad intent.

• Funny
Reactions: Unpilot
Eventually we are going to learn why $1500 is such a magic number.
But it isn't. Maybe they are good enough to meet the "norm" for US cosmetic quality now, but there are significant issues with both shoddy paint finish and poor panel alignment on a significant minority of cars we are getting over here. I make a point of looking around the Tesla's I see around and although most are OK, some really aren't. It's probably as much a local PDI issue, but the cars wouldn't need PDI panel re-alignment if they all came out the factory right!

I'm long TSLA with a significant holding since 2012 and an absolute fanboy so I don't say this with any bad intent.
I always hear this but out of the hundred or so owners I have personally met I don't hear those complaints. Always room for improvement of course.

"Thank you for flying SpaceX." This week is the SpaceX bounce for TSLA. This is most certainly a pattern. SpaceX brings more credibility to Tesla by the masses.
Next manned SpaceX launch is Crew-1, four astronauts to ISS via Dragon capsule (seats up to seven), scheduled for late September. This is another positive event to look forward to, among many, that Tesla investors should have marked on their calendars.
Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the 2019-2020 Investors' Roundtable

It won't be long until space travel is commonplace.
SpaceX also offers commercial flights for private passengers to both Earth and Lunar orbit.
To start planning your journey, please contact us at [email protected].

SpaceX

Wasn't there some confusion yesterday from an article stating "200,000 Cybertruck orders?" In this podcast (part 2) Elon said: "We've had several hundred thousand people place orders for the Cybertruck". So it seems his words may have been taken out of context, he certainly didn't say "200,000" and his choice of words suggests it's more than that!

He was quoted as saying "over 200,000" Cybertruck orders. Which, of course, would include any number above 200,000.

• Funny
Reactions: oldTAVguy
Ferrari has a plug-in hybrid. Actually, 2 - both are over $1Million and both are sold out: Ferrari 2020 Model List: Current Lineup, Prices, & Reviews The cheapest Ferrari is the Portofino, at $215K. I read somewhere that the average profit per vehicle is close to $100K.

Until Tesla wins an F1 race, Ferrari will maintain its mystique. The limited-edition million-dollar versions are rolling advertisements that you're in the "3 comma club." Even if the doors sometimes open "normally."

But will they buy their next Ferrari on their Vertu? :p

Like the Roadster is a cheap hypercar ;-)

Isn't this true for entire Tesla's line up? Tesla cars makes performance affordable. The price paid per horsepower is significantly lower for Teslas than ICE cars. Think in terms for $/HP. Model 3/Y allows people buying $50K cars to get performance of $100K gas cars. Similarly for Model S/X. As you rightly pointed out, Roadster will allow people buying $200K cars to experience performance for $1M cars:)