Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, sorry, OT in market hours, but, CHEERS!

(sour IPA...)

View attachment 577856

That's not off-topic. Three Chariots? I'm pretty sure that beer is named after the three cars that established Tesla as a serious automaker; Model S, Model X and Model 3!

From now on I'll never refer to my P3D as "my car". Now I can say things like "Should I go get the chariot?", or, "Would you like to ride in my chariot?". :)

re.gif

I just watched this and I agree completely! And I'm in good company because Peter Lynch is one of the most successful investors of all time.

And, no, he didn't try to time the market! He invested in quickly growing companies. A much watch for many of the "nervous Nellies" who think they will lose their shirt if they don't hover their finger over the "sell" button.

Hidden assets - how much is the driving data worth?

*Anecdotal in the extreme warning*

From what I'm seeing even most of the more casual investors on the FB groups seem set on holding, at least publicly. Perhaps Wall Street sentiment and FOMO have upgraded everyone's fortitude.

:eek: Keep drinking, the SP has been rising since you started!
Wait. We are supposed to stop doing that occasionally? :oops:

(snip...)
What is ARK doing now - are they adjusting down to their 10% TSLA yet? I have no idea where to find that info if anyone knows, thanks!
They sold some shares yesterday:
ARKW 08/17/2020 Sell TSLA 88160R101 TESLA INC 5600

Ark sends out a daily email noting their trades for the day. You can sign up for it here: Intraday Trade Notifications

After reading all retirement posts of this am.
I really don't understand all the hype around retiring while young. Something is really wrong here - like you are forced to work at uranium mines untill you finally retire. And we are talking about 1st world countries and intellectual work here.
I left my last corporate job at 33 because I just didnt feel like I belong to that hierarchy at any level of it. I guess I could say that I retired, but I had maybe just a low to mid 6 figures in my pockets, and lost about $150k of them on some sapphire company soon after.
I did have a new business though, but it folded soon after with the whole sector of the economy of the country it was relying on.
I started another one and another one and then some more. Some profitable, some money loosing, some both at different stages of the lifecycle.
What I know now for sure is that I probably will never retire regardless of the money, untill necessary for medical reasons or similar. It is so much fun to create something all by yourself and be proud of it, or be worried about it - it all comes in the same package!

When I use the word 'retire' I mean I can do whatever I please, whenever I please. It doesn't mean I'll sit all day drinking beer and watching TSLA, though it sounds tempting. I'm glad you started some businesses. I'm raising my son. When he is raised, I'll hopefully find something else enjoyable to do - perhaps volunteering.

When I use the word 'retire' I mean I can do whatever I please, whenever I please. It doesn't mean I'll sit all day drinking beer and watching TSLA, though it sounds tempting. I'm glad you started some businesses. I'm raising my son. When he is raised, I'll hopefully find something else enjoyable to do - perhaps volunteering.
I think we can all retire someday and do philanthropy by offering financial advice to people to buy $TSLA!

I really don't understand all the hype around retiring while young. Something is really wrong here - like you are forced to work at uranium mines untill you finally retire. And we are talking about 1st world countries and intellectual work here.
I left my last corporate job at 33 because I just didnt feel like I belong to that hierarchy at any level of it. I guess I could say that I retired, but I had maybe just a low to mid 6 figures in my pockets, and lost about $150k of them on some sapphire company soon after.
I did have a new business though, but it folded soon after with the whole sector of the economy of the country it was relying on.
I started another one and another one and then some more. Some profitable, some money loosing, some both at different stages of the lifecycle.
What I know now for sure is that I probably will never retire regardless of the money, untill necessary for medical reasons or similar. It is so much fun to create something all by yourself and be proud of it, or be worried about it - it all comes in the same package!

Maybe a better term for it instead of 'retirement' is 'financial freedom'. That's what I'm after. Once I no longer need to slave away for someone else to earn a wage or salary, that's when I'm truly free to do what I want with my life.

Again, the ARK Invest base case share price is $7,000 in 2024, assuming no FSD at all!

Their aggressive timeline that DOES include FSD by 2024 has a share price of $15,000.

Now, you have to ask yourself, which analysts have been eerily correct on Tesla over the last two years? And which firm has analysts that are experts in their respective technological fields (like AI and Super-computing) instead of traditional Wall Street stock analysts? That's right, the answer is the same for both questions - Ark Invest!

Now you need to ponder why that might be. ;)

Man, if those are post-split prices... I'll be able to join some of you 7-digit folks...

Last edited:
If your job is your job for supporting your life but is not supporting your life goals then “retirement” just means being able to focus on life goals. My job offers very little in being able to promote solar and EVs (other than evangelizing to co-workers). We don’t have EV car chargers at our office (would be very helpful converting those that can’t charge at home) and we don’t have solar parking (even though our city is offering free covered solar parking if you agree to allow the use of the land). “Retirement” for me will mean being able to do something about those things and it feels like it is getting close.