Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's an idea...Let's all start a LLC and name it "TMC advisors, LLC" (The Money Catalysts advisors). We only recommend one stock and that is $TSLA. Price target $4200.69 Bear case. $42000.69 Bull case. :) :)
A diversified portfolio of TSLA commons, LEAPs, short puts, and some TSLA bonds thrown in for the near retirees.

I have a life which includes 2 young kids. No way I am doing this manually for months at a time thrice a day.

Sorry that's not what I meant. Let me rephrase. How often is this data getting updated? I did not necessarily mean old manual ways of excel manipulation etc. I was just looking at the timestamp so I assumed you were either pressing a refresh button or have it scheduled to update automatically at scheduled intervals. Thanks again for providing this data, it is very fascinating to see the impact of delta hedging on the stock price. Like they say "Data does not lie".

Big Tech’s Domination of Business Reaches New Heights

NYTimes.com: Big Tech’s Domination of Business Reaches New Heights

"A rally in technology stocks elevated the S&P 500 stock index to a record high on Tuesday even as the pandemic crushes the broader economy. The stocks of Apple, Amazon, Alphabet, Microsoft and Facebook, the five largest publicly traded companies in America, rose 37 percent in the first seven months this year, while all the other stocks in the S&P 500 fell a combined 6 percent, according to Credit Suisse.

Those five companies now constitute 20 percent of the stock market’s total worth, a level not seen from a single industry in at least 70 years. Apple’s stock market value, the highest of the bunch, is nearly $2 trillion — double what it was just 21 weeks ago."

Sorry that's not what I meant. Let me rephrase. How often is this data getting updated? I did not necessarily mean old manual ways of excel manipulation etc. I was just looking at the timestamp so I assumed you were either pressing a refresh button or have it scheduled to update automatically at scheduled intervals. Thanks again for providing this data, it is very fascinating to see the impact of delta hedging on the stock price. Like they say "Data does not lie".
Open interest and volume data is updated daily end of day around 915 pm EST. I have an early AM update that adjusts for calendar roll forward and a mid day update around 1115 AM that adjusts for price movements.

PS: no offense taken!

Can't build those Powerwalls and Megapacks fast enough:

Solar energy feeling the heat as Bay Area faces blackouts

Michael Wara, director of Stanford University’s climate and energy policy program, said he’s not convinced that solar or wind power is a direct cause of the rolling blackouts. He noted that the energy shortage has been arising in the early evening hours, just as the grid would be expected to tap into non-solar energy sources.

“It’s not clear to me at all that this had anything to do with renewable energy,” Wara said. “The timing suggests problems with gas plants ... because they are a fill-in for solar as the sun sets. Something about that system didn’t work.”

California Independent System Operator CEO Steve Berberich agreed in a Monday press call that “renewables are really not a factor” driving the blackouts, citing the need for better storage, like Newsom and Del Chiaro.

“It’s simply a matter of raw capacity,” he said, calling for “an overbuild of renewables and a fairly extensive deployment of batteries.”

The pressure on state regulators to move forward with renewable energy storage, despite its costs, is increasing as the power blackouts continue. A coalition of consumer groups, environmentalists, school officials and business groups are calling on the governor and Legislature to pass AB1001, the School Disaster Resiliency Act, authored by Assemblyman Phil Ting, D-San Francisco, which would equip 2,000 schools with solar-charged batteries.

Funding would come from a revenue bond that would be repaid over time through school energy bill savings, according to the coalition.

“It’s elementary,” Dan Jacobson, state director for Environment California said. “Any third-grader can tell you that we need more solar power, not less, and we need more batteries to store that sunshine for use after the sun goes down.”

“These heat waves are going to keep happening with climate change,” Del Chiaro said. “So, let’s do more in-state renewable energy and renewably charged batteries ... let’s build a smarter grid that’s flexible to these kinds of events, and let’s solve climate change and reduce air pollution at the same time.”

Except that question is not yet settled by anyone except Tesla. And Tesla haven't fully addressed the issue(which they are on the cusp of succeeding) which is not can an EV replace an ICE, but can an EV that cost 25k replace an ICE that cost 25k and under(the true mass market). The charging networks you speak of is not enough for other auto makers, but maybe enough for Tesla since they have access to everything.

Elon said, the real way for new car companies to go bankrupt is the initial 5-8 years in which all of your cars are under warranty. Then you compound this to where to fix these cars? Would you dare to buy a Rivian/Lucid if the nearest repair center is no where? Tesla barely have enough, and this is a real issue that Elon is addressing as only service centers create the most demand according to him. These new car companies are dead man walking. EVs are terrible as a start up. They have infinitely higher chance starting an ICE company and succeeding as not only are there 3rd party infrastructure, but they never have to worry about batteries being the rate limiting step of production as Tesla is still facing. Too many people don't appreciate just how impossible Tesla actually succeeded. There were enough rich people willing to give Tesla a pass on service and no charging network, buying his 100k cars all due to loving his vision. Will it happen again with another company? What vision do these other companies have to gather such fandom and blinders?

Love the insight here. Only point I will add here is that: People will upscale to EV and pay more for it because eventually people will realize that the TCO of an EV (charging, maintenance, resale value and higher saftey) is much better than that of a gas car. Maybe the new norm for mass market car will be $30K instead of $25K.

Prolific rise of charging at every parking spot ( apartments, business) will negate the need for high speed chargers except for long distance travel. You are right only Tesla stands to succeed in the EV world which only they have created through sheer will.

Love the insight here. Only point I will add here is that: People will upscale to EV and pay more for it because eventually people will realize that the TCO of an EV (charging, maintenance, resale value and higher saftey) is much better than that of a gas car. Maybe the new norm for mass market car will be $30K instead of $25K.

Prolific rise of charging at every parking spot ( apartments, business) will negate the need for high speed chargers except for long distance travel. You are right only Tesla stands to succeed in the EV world which only they have created through sheer will.

Exactly! The EV is worth more. I get a kick out of people who talk about new cars needing to be cheap. What I see on the roads are a lot of pick-ups and fully loaded SUV's that cost $50,000 plus. People that don't have a lot of money tend to buy these for $13K-$25K after the original owner has replaced it with a nicer $50K+ vehicle. These are not rich people, just everyday working Americans.

Here's an idea...Let's all start a LLC and name it "TMC advisors, LLC" (The Money Catalysts advisors). We only recommend one stock and that is $TSLA. Price target $4200.69 Bear case. $42000.69 Bull case. :) :)
Returns since inception = 5000.00%

Exactly! The EV is worth more. I get a kick out of people who talk about new cars needing to be cheap. What I see on the roads are a lot of pick-ups and fully loaded SUV's that cost $50,000 plus. People that don't have a lot of money tend to buy these for $13K-$25K after the original owner has replaced it with a nicer $50K+ vehicle. These are not rich people, just everyday working Americans.
I'm so sick of hearing that as well. "sure dumb dumb, it's a couple grand more to buy than the car you just bought, but does that mean it's more expensive?"

Only mildly OT, but PLEASE make it one of these, or something similarly powered by the sun:

SILENT-YACHTS | Driven by Passion . Built with Solar Ingenuity

It defeats the purpose of Tesla's reason to exist if you buy a conventional, fossil fuel-swilling boat, no?

Thx.

Yes I've seen this one and am very interested in this along with other potential EV boats that come on the market in the next 1-2 years. I would even gladly wait an additional year or two for the EV boat market to expand. I'm also considering a sail boat.

They need to get that price down though. Easily paying two times the price of a regular 60ft yacht with the same level of luxury/niceness....I am aware though that the fuel savings over the course of owning the boat will be tremendous verses buying a gas motored boat. So if they can get their price down another 25-30%, it's a no brainer for me.

I am very curious/eager to see what implications battery day could have for things such as EV boats. I would love for Silent Yachts to work with Tesla to incorporate their new batteries into it.

Latest from @Troy

upload_2020-8-19_8-25-29.png