Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 580732 View attachment 580733 View attachment 580734 View attachment 580735 View attachment 580732 I can’t wait for the Cybertruck and adding even the smallest of batteries in the camper would help. I laughed so hard when the guy from Cupertino said he never worries about charging. I can’t drive east out of Arizona and any way I please. Go check the Kayenta Supercharger thread it has been promised for year while Ca got at least 20 more stations. We have to juggle how to leave the state to the north or south. When the Cybertruck starts rolling out of Texas I’ll be smiling large and wondering when they’ll make the trailer to go with it.
YES AND YES to this...my GAWD I WILL BUY ONE ASAP!!!!

There used to be a guy in Huntington Beach California with a van that foretold the end of the world. Everything was to end back in 2012, based on the Mayan calendar. His belief was strong enough that he painted the story on the side of the van.

I haven’t seen that van in years.
So, maybe the Mayan calendar applied especially to his van but nothing else? :cool::rolleyes:

Any theories out there on why? Does not make any sense to me
I recall one day recently a large purchase of OTM (about $60 above then current share price) weekly call was followed on Friday (or was it Thursday) with price movement above that strike. End result would be the calls being filled but without the huge share price rise if same quantity of shares were acquired in the open market. Can't recall the details so may have some facts wrong. Just a theory anyway.

There are 51 000 call options between 2090 and 2110, nearly all appeared this week. Have not seen this amount of calls in quite some time.

Any theories out there on why? Does not make any sense to me:confused:

View attachment 580813

Some of these options could be spreads. It's possible that it's a straddle or iron condor around $2100.

The open interest is almost too large for there not to be some sort of massive spread in there.

Plus silicon nanotube anode battery, perhaps..?

Maybe? But from my reading the only place they're in practical use now is one very expensive model of large passenger jet, and they're not remotely cheap based on very very recent comments from a pretty well known battery researcher (who worked with maxwell).... so MAYBE they found a way to get em cheap enough to go in a $140,000 Plaid S, or a 250k roadster, but I wouldn't expect to see em in the mainstream models for a few more years at least.

Yeah but...Standard oil was broken up into many companies yes, but Esso (Exxon) and Mobile (I didn't remember the name until I looked it up) became dominant players globally and merged again into Exxon Mobile. I think this is the closest we can get to "Standard Oil".

Chevron was another one (Standard Oil of CA) and actually was in the Dow before Exxon/Esso/Standard of NJ....though they dropped out for a few years in the 20s before coming back- but they're still in the dow now while Exxon is leaving.

Where do I watch volume for free?

Here's one I found recently that I like: Tesla Inc.

AA126E29-8294-4700-A1DB-8C21597A757D.png

How to know you are rich.

When you could sell all your stocks and put it in a money market account paying 0.25 % and live comfortably off the interest.
THAT'S when you retire from the market.

I do hope not, at this rate, it'll take me another 3 years of Hodling to get to that.. and I was hoping to quit work shortly after Q3 and just wing it! :p

So we all know teslaq snoops here. Is there a teslaq version of tmc that we could snoop on?
Find your nearest bridge or overpass.
I do hope not, at this rate, it'll take me another 3 years of Hodling to get to that.. and I was hoping to quit work shortly after Q3 and just wing it! :p
I'm pulling in like 500x returns annually right now. :p Why should I expect .25% in retirement? Surely I can get a meager 10x. (planning on 5% withdraw rate myself)

Hey All, been lurking for a few weeks, my first post. Shareholder for slightly over an year and waiting for the CyberTruck. Some pretty incredible information in this thread, glad I found it but also wish I found it earlier.

Busy weekend coming up for Elon with Neuralink Webcast on Friday, another Starlink launch over the weekend and TSLA stock split on Monday (probably open $420.69).
YOU! Hit the MAGIC year.