Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Exactly!
I was one of those who suffered large losses with OTM options in 2015/2016 and lost out on buying an island (or 2)
I have found it much easier to sleep at night with simply holding TSLA in stock form and not getting back in options even through this precipitous rise. Once bitten, twice shy...

Yeah I did slightly OTM call options through 2017-2018. Spread out across months / LEAPS. Incredible loss. Had I simply held, could have bought a house. Lessons learned. TSLA may have a bright future, but the path forward can be unpredictable, volatile. I mean 'funding secured' day, was a nightmare.

. It would be helpful to see evidence of a war of any kind between Russia and China.

There is strong evidence that China is looking after China's interests see MIC 2025. Made in China 2025 - Wikipedia

It isn't really spelled out in detail there, but China wants to eliminate oil imports that is why Green Energy and Green Vehicles are on the list.

I don't think Russia is bold enough to meddle in Chinese politics, but the are happy to meddle in US, UK, European, Australian etc politics to slow the decline of the Fossil Fuel industry... The Murdoch media empire is following a similar agenda, because their interests currently align.
It is most unlikely that a Chinese media outlet that would dare to criticize the party line, or would stray from the party line...

Currently China and Tesla have a similar alignment of interests both want to accelerate clean energy and transport, for different reasons, Chinese reasons relate mainly to self interest....

While China and Russia are in different camps on energy, their interests may align on other issues.

IMO Tesla and China will win a stunning victory accelerating clean energy and transport, how long the alignment of interests will last is hard to judge, currently Tesla and China need each other, and both want the same outcome....

The world will be a better place when the clean energy and transport transition is complete, US, UK, Europe and Australia will be less divided, however China is likely to emerge as a very dominant player in economic, technological and military terms.

The hope for the future is that the Chinese leadership becomes less combative and more cooperative and/or that the rest of the world becomes more united. The hope is also the Climate Change is not too bad and future generations can handle the problem.

For now getting clean energy and transport done is the priority, and I welcome Chinese help.

Me too. Been checking Wells Fargo since Friday night. A bit concerned. I have called them over the years and asked if my shares are loaned to short sellers and they consistently said no. Always had good execution of purchases of new shares. Never did margin or options. Just that once with IB back in 2014. Did not go well. Something about a Model S flying thru a wall.

I’d be concerned if I had anything with Wells Fargo to be honest...

So I'm seeing something now in TD Ameritrade that I haven't seen anyone else post. My shares are split, but the price is not the old price, nor the calculated new price. It's $554.24. It appears they got the number of shares correct ( the most important part), but divided the closing price by 4 instead of by 5.

I would love if the shares open tomorrow at $554.24 :)
Mine are right at eTrade, 442.68... have been since yesterday afternoon. But I hope you're right!

so are you essentially saying that there could come a day where we essentially plummet, to the point of no return, downwards?
My read on @UnknownSoldier’s post was different ... that _despite_ the shorts, even the firmly implanted ‘permanent’ shorts, TSLA will continue to be driven upwards (not plummet) for all the bullish reasons previously/widely discussed here.

There are few posts discussing the seemly "low" China July Model 3 numbers. Is anyone concerned?
Tesla China Model 3, July production: 12,571, delivery: 11,014
The sustained production rate is ~3,150/week. I remembered there were rumored reports a couple of months ago to reach 4,000 per week by June. It appeared the 4,000/week rate is just the capacity, not sustained rate.

There are few posts discussing the seemly "low" China July Model 3 numbers. Is anyone concerned?
Tesla China Model 3, July production: 12,571, delivery: 11,014
The sustained production rate is ~3,150/week. I remembered there were rumored reports a couple of months ago to reach 4,000 per week by June. It appeared the 4,000/week rate is just the capacity, not sustained rate.
Yes very concerned selling everything

Mine are right at eTrade, 442.68... have been since yesterday afternoon. But I hope you're right!
Here it is after 9PM EDT and E*Trade TSLA option numbers are still screwed up. Right number of contracts, but the prices and values of the positions are all wrong. I'm surprised that they are still broken at this late hour. They have to fix this in order to be able to say on Monday how much your account is up or down. Well, I guess they don't actually have to say, but it's kind of pathetic if they don't.

At least they have the stock price correct now. And I'm sure the option prices will be correct once they start trading in the morning, but that's really not good enough.

Semi OT.

I heard SP goes up whenever our favorite analyst makes an appearance on screen so I figure I will just leave this here as a good luck charm for Monday.

Took the photo when I boarded a high-speed train after I paid a visit to GigaSH a couple weeks back. Simulation...confirmed?

Attachments

• IMG_3651.JPG
    IMG_3651.JPG
    239.4 KB · Views: 70