Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everyone...i think i found out the reason why we dropped in AH....because of our good friend GJ:

upload_2020-9-4_14-44-53.png

upload_2020-9-4_14-45-21.png

However....his track record below as we know is less than stellar to say the least :D:D:D:D:D:

upload_2020-9-4_14-46-16.png

Have a good weekend y'all!!

Meh. I bought shares AH for 390. This is overblown, as the S&P is a surety to happen...eventually. There are few sure things in the market, but they won’t be excluded forever.

Let’s not forget Tesla has a Sugar Daddy now. SoftBank has a vested interest in having their calls ITM, and has capital to deploy, which will help with a floor. The oft-imagined “forces of bulls and bears fighting it out” just got a little more real.

There we go. Keep people on the hook thinking it can still happen. Meanwhile... :rolleyes:

Have we not yet realized that Tesla/TSLA will have to do this the hard way from start to finish? What part of old boys club, entrenched establishments, powerful and rich political connections, and billion dollar PER DAY industries do we not understand?

We have to tear it all down. Crush them all. That is when Mother Earth, human existence and TSLA stockholders get their dues. Not a moment before.

I know that sounds overly dramatic, but seriously how could any of you been hanging your hat on S&P inclusion; a secret committee that gets to make the rules up as they go along?! Freaking Etsy. OMG! I couldn’t laugh any harder.
I’m in the same boat. I’ve been worried that it wouldn’t happen. Too many shenanigans with Tesla and entrenched interests do not like them. They are just setting themselves up for more pain down the road. That’s when we laugh.

battery is going to be just like autonomy day.... a disappointment as far as the stock goes. I am sick of the S&P crap... on the other hand I can't wait for the P&D results.

The optimistic in me says - battery day will be a blow out. Live demo from Factory floor - new cell chemistry, cost per KwH < $100, M mile battery :) (bonus Plaid, single cast demo)

*sugar*&Pee - Tesla never controlled this event and I posted long back that this committee was rife for manipulation. A Debt is owned, -- it will be repaid down the line. (+small chance it seems that additions are separate, and it could still happen)

~ Cheers!!

Last edited:
As $TSLA market cap continues to grow over time, it will only get more and more difficult to add it in terms of the effect on the share price when all these boring index funds are forced to buy it someday - if S&P or said index funds even care about that.

Perhaps S&P did ask $TSLA to issue a larger stock sale, but the company decided to only sell $5B worth?

PS. Now I'm getting paranoid too! :eek:

It's almost like members of the S&P Index Committee tipped off their buddies $TSLA wasn't getting added so said buddies could make a fortune.

PPS. And I had such a great post all ready to go had we been added. I will try to save it.

There we go. Keep people on the hook thinking it can still happen. Meanwhile... :rolleyes:

Have we not yet realized that Tesla/TSLA will have to do this the hard way from start to finish? What part of old boys club, entrenched establishments, powerful and rich political connections, and billion dollar PER DAY industries do we not understand?

We have to tear it all down. Crush them all. That is when Mother Earth, human existence and TSLA stockholders get their dues. Not a moment before.

I know that sounds overly dramatic, but seriously how could any of you been hanging your hat on S&P inclusion; a secret committee that gets to make the rules up as they go along?! Freaking Etsy. OMG! I couldn’t laugh any harder.

You are right that the S&P stuff is just a distraction. But I think people are wondering about the timing of the ATM secondary offering. Why do an ATM when you could have just sold X number of shares at 480$? As an investor I think it’s fair to ask that question. Hopefully we get an answer soon. I still think this is an overreaction from people, we have to give it a few days. Gotta love the AH discount.

LoL, all these headlines doesn't even tell you what companies were added to the S&P, just saying Tesla was not added. Seems like the entire world was expecting this. Definitely some pressures for the S&P. Perhaps they will release a statement on why Tesla wasn't added soon like what they did with SNAP.

Did they really release a statement for SNAP? That is very interesting. I think TSLA is now so big that it can bring markets down. S&P knows this too so I don’t think this is over.

Relax

This is important

View attachment 584478

Looking at what Gary Black wrote about pro-forma files, I found this: https://www.spglobal.com/spdji/en/d...y-index-rebalancing-schedule-consultation.pdf

Which says, in part: "Distribution of pro-forma files begins after the market close on the Friday one week prior to the rebalancing effective date. Pro-forma files are delivered daily up to the day prior to the rebalancing effective date. In September, and for a few index families throughout the year, select float-adjusted market capitalization indices receive pro-forma files two weeks in advance of the rebalancing effective date."

But, if Tesla were to be added, there would still have to be an announcement.

BTW, this should at least put to rest the speculation that Index Funds have already been buying TSLA. Hedge funds, sure, but not those whose charters tie them to the index.

You are right that the S&P stuff is just a distraction. But I think people are wondering about the timing of the ATM secondary offering. Why do an ATM when you could have just sold X number of shares at 480$? As an investor I think it’s fair to ask that question. Hopefully we get an answer soon. I still think this is an overreaction from people, we have to give it a few days. Gotta love the AH discount.

Did they really release a statement for SNAP? That is very interesting. I think TSLA is now so big that it can bring markets down. S&P knows this too so I don’t think this is over.
Actually now reading the articles, S&P didn't talk about Snap but made up some new rules to exclude Snap.

• Informative
Reactions: Christine69420

Definitely not over.

As far as ATM offering, could it not have been to simply raise cash during the S&P squeeze? We keep going back and forth on whether Tesla is working with S&P to satisfy some preconditions or whether Tesla is just like investors/speculators, ready to take advantage of a spike in share price due to an expected event.

• Helpful
Reactions: Krugerrand
Tesla doesn’t need extra cash. And if it really only was about raising more, why construct such a complicated stock offering, with ten banks and lots of special conditions? It doesn’t pass the sniff test.

Perhaps all ten investment banks wanted a piece of the deal. It isn't complicated at all. Tesla just sends them an email with minimum price and maximum shares they can sell. Return email documents the sales and the commission Tesla owes them. Maybe Tesla did not want to dump $5B new shares on the market all-at-once given the high price volatility recently...

While it pains me to agree with a cat on this topic I do.
The SP committee is full of old school money grubbers. They play golf with other old school money grubbers.

They like things a certain way. EM and Tesla don't like to play by their rules. So they don't want to let them in the old boys club.
If Tesla keeps operating as they have they just create a bigger problem for inclusion.

I say duck them and keep on keeping on.